A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > a call to arms, or well.. just one arm. my arm.
icon3.gif a call to arms, or well.. just one arm. my arm.  [message #15699] Tue, 30 September 2003 23:53 Go to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

so i took one of my essays i had to write last year (a situational) and turned it into a short story. we have peer-editing in class, which i guess is okay and i knew would happen, except we are seated alphabetically, and the people i sit near make me nervous. not "omg they are going to think i suck" nervous, but the kind of nervous that given the topic/content of this story, i'm kind of scared they'll report me to counseling and i'll get sent away.

it's not about gay related things (so i know this is out of place here), however my NEXT story i think is going to be! a vampire and his gay "ghoul" (person who is fed off vampiric blood, and as long as they are they won't age, but they are not really a vampire either, as they can still breathe and have bodily functions, etc) who falls in love with said vampire and has to break away. ANYWAYS. like i said somewhere else here, i wanted to make this first short story assignment "easy" since i have to finish the contest story, and would one day like to work on my novella story for queer-lit.

so my question/favor is ... is there someone here who would be willing to read/critique it? my mother would hate it by default no matter if it was good or bad, and a friend of mine who is now teaching CW and english 101 (and submits her own things and actually gets paid for it, the lucky thing) is super busy. and the other 1 or sometimes 2 i send things to, to read, are too biased. as in i think they are afraid i'd freak out if they said i'd hate it. seriously, once? i wrote a total piece of garbage, on purpose, and they raved about it the same as they have other things.

it's 4 pages long, just under 1700 words (oops, i went 700 words over the given limit, but he said 2 pages, but if we need up to 4 that is fine), so hopefully not a real long read. i'll send to the first one to respond to it (or i guess if anyone else is interested, though it might end up on my writing section of my webbie eventually), and i won't need a mail-back or a response until monday, so it doesn't need to be done right away.

thanks in advance, and apologies in advance also, if this is too pushy and presumptious... Confused??

my void does not want.

icon14.gif Re: a call to arms, or well.. just one arm. my arm.  [message #15700 is a reply to message #15699] Wed, 01 October 2003 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robert bryce is currently offline  robert bryce

Really getting into it

send it to me,I promise not to bite--its gotta be good because you wrote it..rob
Re: a call to arms, or well.. just one arm. my arm.  [message #15701 is a reply to message #15700] Wed, 01 October 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

sure thing. let me find your email address -- i know you posted it somewhere here. Smile

my void does not want.

icon14.gif Re: a call to arms, or well.. just one arm. my arm.  [message #15702 is a reply to message #15701] Wed, 01 October 2003 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

rbryce@tbi.net ........send me some of those deer pictures too please...rob
Re: a call to arms, or well.. just one arm. my arm.  [message #15704 is a reply to message #15699] Wed, 01 October 2003 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

I would be more than happy to help you anyway I could. But you know that already.

Keep smiling,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
icon14.gif Re: a call to arms, or well.. just one arm. my arm.  [message #15705 is a reply to message #15699] Wed, 01 October 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

girl... you just send it my way...

i hope you already know i will read and critique if you would like... and will tell you the honest truth... but as always with love, so as to help and not to hurt at all....

also, i am sure it is as entertaining as anything i have read...

i hope, by the way, that everything is going great with you h. i will tell u about my chicago trip a little later.

(((((((((((((((((hugs and lots of love !!!!!)))))))))))))))))))))

BamBam ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
icon14.gif Re: a call to arms, or well.. just one arm. my arm.  [message #15707 is a reply to message #15705] Wed, 01 October 2003 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

thanks bam bam my computer will not process word so i cant help..sorry..rob
Re: a call to arms, or well.. just one arm. my arm.  [message #15708 is a reply to message #15705] Wed, 01 October 2003 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

can i have your email address? or else just email me at mine (it's in profile) and then i'll reply back with it.

i'm sorry rob - i tried attaching it twice as just a notepad txt file but it apparently didn't work? if you still want, later i can just paste it into the mail body.

thanks guys. (((hugs)))

my void does not want.

icon6.gif Re: a call to arms, or well.. just one arm. my arm.  [message #15716 is a reply to message #15708] Wed, 01 October 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

BTW-----my arm has been getting pretty tired lately,any boyfriend material out there????????????????..rob
icon4.gif Heathyr, my email address....  [message #15722 is a reply to message #15708] Wed, 01 October 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

Girl, my email address is wranglin1@aol.com... and i am alway s glad to get email from you... so just send away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BamBam

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
icon7.gif *waves my arm*  [message #15725 is a reply to message #15699] Wed, 01 October 2003 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

Hey, I wanna read too! Please, please! Smile

You have my email addy, feel free to drop it down there anytime, or of course, anything else you'd like someone else to look at!

Thank you...! Smile

Hugs:
-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Re: *waves my arm*  [message #15727 is a reply to message #15725] Wed, 01 October 2003 13:39 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

okay. Smile Smile i know you're real busy and things, and didn't want to bog you down anymore than i'm sure i already do. *sheepish!* thanks, lenny. it's on its way right now.

hugs and kisses,
h.

my void does not want.

Previous Topic: scared sick to my stomach ... *why*??
Next Topic: Something to think about
Goto Forum: