A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > An open letter to a friend ......
An open letter to a friend ......  [message #15759] Thu, 02 October 2003 00:13 Go to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

A short time ago a friend here made a comment to me, one which hurt me a little, or maybe it hurt a bit more than I knew at the time. It hurt me not the way you might think. My friend made a simple characterization about me, my posts, and my ... well I will use beliefs for lack of a better word coming to mind. My passions about politics, economics, social strife, racism, world hunger, poverty, class warfare (and I don't mean that the way the rich talk about it), homelessness, and general bigotry must make it seem to many that you feel exactly the way he said. This has disturbed me a great deal lately. I know it is not his fault and he did not intend to hurt me at all.

But part of me feel as if I have been prejudged in some ways because of it. It hurts because of the way it came across to me.

I have always tried to express the real me here. And now I find that conclusions still exist even here. I wish you all knew me better.

Eventually I will get over it. But if I seem a little distant in the near future, don't take it as a slight against any of you. I am just trying to deal with this myself.

I will try to be better,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
icon5.gif Be a better you????  [message #15765 is a reply to message #15759] Thu, 02 October 2003 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

You are a really terrific you. I think some people don't quite get the enthusiasm that you use when you feel strongly about things. Just be you, Kevvy. (if it ain't broke, don't fix it)

smith Smile
Re: An open letter to a friend ......  [message #15769 is a reply to message #15759] Thu, 02 October 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

i would like to know you better .... after all, i might live above your apartment one day, right?

it wasn't me that did this, was it? if it was i'm sorry?

i don't want you to be distant kevin, but i'll understand if you have to... just still talk to me sometimes, okay?

love and hugs,
h.

my void does not want.

Re: An open letter to a friend ......  [message #15774 is a reply to message #15759] Thu, 02 October 2003 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Conclusions... Of course conclusions exist here, This is a verbal medium and as such conclusive bantering back and forth of ideas ranging from simple to highly archaic bounce back and forth from one computer screen to another.

Conclusions are not only inevetable but have to be expected.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
icon7.gif Re: An open letter to a friend ......  [message #15777 is a reply to message #15759] Thu, 02 October 2003 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

Kevin, although we don't know each other very well yet... I do hope I haven't said anything that rubbed you wrongly...

For one, I do respect you taking time to get your bearings and heart straight, but maybe you could approach that person in a private email????

I guess we all have our own beliefs and feelings that are strong to us... and as friends, we should respect each other...

You are the best Kevin you can be... and I respect you for that.

Hugs and Smiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BamBam

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
icon12.gif Re: An open letter to a friend ......  [message #15782 is a reply to message #15777] Thu, 02 October 2003 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

I have to agree with smith and the others here who said to just continue being you...don't edit your enthusiasm for life, that's part of what makes us like you!

Hang in there, and do what you need for now, but please don't ever change!

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon7.gif JJ's right, You don't need to change...  [message #15791 is a reply to message #15759] Thu, 02 October 2003 09:32 Go to previous message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

And in fact, you shouldn't. So you're dedicated to what you believe in, and when a person is dedicated to the good cause like you, that is a beautiful thing to behold... Keep it up, my friend.

Really nice, warm cuddly {{{hugs}}} for you, Kevin. Smile
-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Previous Topic: A recipe no one should be without... Cock-A-Leekie Soup
Next Topic: A question......
Goto Forum: