A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Hi ! My name is smith
icon7.gif Hi ! My name is smith  [message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:02 Go to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

I'm 16. I live on a farm in Florida and I'm gay. I can't tell anyone around me in real life and so about a year ago, I found this MB and made some of the dearest friends in the world. They have helped me understand who I am and why I should be proud of myself.

Timmy's MB is here for kids like me who need arms to hold them, a shoulder to cry on and a smile to get them through the day. It's here for anyone who is trying to find their way whether they are 16 or 61. There are so many wonderful people who come here and read and chat and laugh and cry.

Timmy has had some really tough decisions and we should all stand totally behind him in whatever he decides is best for the MB. It's our home and we all need to make it comfy and warm and a place where everyone can come and feel welcome and totally free to say whatever they need to to be happy.

I've been silent and that was wrong. I'm sorry for that and I'll have a smithjoke and some fluff stuff (for you Marc Smile) coming up. Let the past be just that........the past. I want to be able to tell you if I finally get to kiss someone for the first time, so think good thoughts, smile good smiles and be safe.

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} to everyone who wants them :-* smith
icon7.gif Hugs back smith  [message #15968 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

No Message Body

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Thanks smith.....  [message #15969 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Huggs tight.....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Hi ! My name is smith  [message #15970 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Hi smith!

We all need a safe place sometimes when our day to day lives don't seem to have anywhere we can turn. I too, found a place where I could really be me.

Support for Timmy is not even a question to me. It is a given. As is my support for you. ::-)

Healing takes time, and we all need to do our best to try to aid that healing. I have felt that silence was the best thing for me to do. But once again, you are right, and I was wrong. hehe

Keep smiling with me and the rest of our family, then happy days will return.

Love to all,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
*smiles and hugs light*  [message #15971 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

nice to see you back here, smith. missed you.

h.

my void does not want.

Howdy  [message #15972 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
machelli is currently offline  machelli

Likes it here

smith, have you written stories on this site? If so, where are they? If not, where are they? Thanks.

viðrar vel til loftárása
icon7.gif Hiya, smith  [message #15973 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setras is currently offline  setras

Likes it here

Hi everyone, I'm Setras, 21 and an university student in Finland.

I too found this place about a year ago, maybe a month or 3 more. And the people I met here have really helped me find myself and helped me find the courage to be that person. So Thank You to all Smile

A good example of how much people on this mb have helped me is the gay student club at my uni. I started going to the meetings in last... January or February, at the suggestion of my friends here. At first it was really weird and awkward, but by now I can hardly wait for the forthnight between meetings to pass Smile So let's all just be friends and concentrate on helping others who might find their way here Smile

Setras

That which is dreamed can never be lost, can never be undreamed.
-Master Li in Neil Gaiman's Sandman
icon7.gif Re: Howdy  [message #15974 is a reply to message #15972] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Check out Just Hit Send. I suspect you may likeit

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Holy Schmoly!  [message #15975 is a reply to message #15974] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

YOU wrote "Just Hit Send!!??" Good Lord! May I shake your hand! That's such an awesome story! Albeit isn't finished yet (I hope) but still - great job! Wow, I always figured it was someone older (please take that as a compliment). You weave a good tale, smith. Keep it up.

viðrar vel til loftárása
icon7.gif Hi smith!  [message #15976 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toms is currently offline  toms

Likes it here

I've missed you so much, smith J. I'm so glad to see you back.

I've been here for just over a year (WOW! Does time fly or what?). I came here completely in the closet. No one knew about me, not at all. What drove me here? A boy named Conor. But enough about him, we all know how that ended. I also came out to about 10 other people, who still love me for who I am. And I can say that I'm truly happy. It hurts sometimes, but I have so much fun being open with my friends now, you have no idea.

And if I didn't come here, I'd still be in the closet. I'd still be scared, not knowing what to do. I am a stronger person now, and it's thanks to my beloved Timmy and his messageboard. Thank you so much. You'll never know how much it means to me.

I've changed a lot over the last year. Things do get tough, but now I can deal. Once again, many thanks.

Oh, and baby, big hugs. Thanks for being you. Smile

-Tom Wink

"Whatever is sought for can be caught, you know,
whatever is neglected slips away."
Oedipus Rex, lines 126-127
Oops.  [message #15977 is a reply to message #15975] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

No Message Body

viðrar vel til loftárása
icon6.gif Hahaha!!  [message #15978 is a reply to message #15975] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

It's my alter ego smith that writes JHS. I just go along for the ride Very Happy Thanks a bunch for liking it.

JJ
Darnit! Hit send prematurely.  [message #15979 is a reply to message #15977] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Anyway, I realized that the message I had replied to was sent by timmy, not smith. So my reply - which appears to be directed at timmy - was meant for smith. Just didn't want any confusion.

viðrar vel til loftárása
icon7.gif You're welcome  [message #15980 is a reply to message #15978] Sun, 05 October 2003 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

No Message Body

viðrar vel til loftárása
icon7.gif Re: Hi ! My name is smith  [message #15981 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

*GIVES SMITH VERY VERY VERY WARM AND TIGHT HUGS FOR AS LONG AS HE CAN STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

I love the Pooh thing Smile
icon6.gif IEN!!!!  [message #15982 is a reply to message #15981] Sun, 05 October 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toms is currently offline  toms

Likes it here

Sad) Sad) Sad) Sad) Sad) Sad) Sad) Sad) Sad)

My pretty Ien!! Where have you been?! I've missed you so much! I hope all your studying and your tests went well, and I hope things are going well with the hubby and kids! Cool

We have sooo much to catch up on, hehe. Big hugs and kisses! :-*

-Tom Wink

"Whatever is sought for can be caught, you know,
whatever is neglected slips away."
Oedipus Rex, lines 126-127
icon7.gif Re: Hi ! My name is smith  [message #15983 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

smith JJ... that smile is with tears, too....

I just want to say you are so loved here... and i am so glad you decided to hang in there and be my little brother here....

I will always help you out. Tell you how much you are important and appreciated... and also tell you how much your cliffhangers suck... or well, how they make my attitude suck !!!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw your post, I was so dilled with joy in my heart, my man... and i have tears in my eyes now...

Hang in there farmer boy !!!!!! LOL !!!!!! ( I should talk... I live in a converted horse stable !!!!!!) I consider it an honor to know you.

Huge Hugs, Sunshine, Peaches and Cream Pie Shakes and Hundreds of Chili Dogs.....
BamBam ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-)

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
clicka-clicka-click!  [message #15984 is a reply to message #15983] Sun, 05 October 2003 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

*steps in to take family reunion photographs. makes like annoying paparazzi, then ducks behind some .. shrubbery*

Sad)

my void does not want.

icon7.gif Thanks Guys......and Girl :>  [message #15989 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

This is a great MB and everybody just needs to remember their manners and remember how much we mean to each other. There are still a lot of people who need to check back in sometime soon.

Smiles & Sunshine smith J
icon7.gif Oh Sweet Ien  [message #15991 is a reply to message #15981] Sun, 05 October 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

{{{{{many many huge hugs right back}}}}} Thanks for saying hey :-*

Ien's only SA ~ smith
icon6.gif Re: Thanks Guys......and Girl :>  [message #16000 is a reply to message #15989] Sun, 05 October 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robert bryce is currently offline  robert bryce

Really getting into it

I have on good authority that the cliffhanger god is gonna send a certain author a truckload of sand if he writes one more cliffhanger..hehe....rob:-() Sad) Sad) Sad) Sad) ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
icon14.gif There ya go, smith!  [message #16002 is a reply to message #15991] Sun, 05 October 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

Some of the folks are popping back up already...well done!Cool

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon6.gif Re: Thanks Guys......and Girls  [message #16005 is a reply to message #16000] Sun, 05 October 2003 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robert bryce is currently offline  robert bryce

Really getting into it

Rob was reading a few stories on another site and got stung with 3 three cliffhangers..Right about now I am ready to chew nails..Does anybody feel sorry for me??????????? rob.........;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Nope. Just some advice  [message #16006 is a reply to message #16005] Sun, 05 October 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Don't chew nails. It'll hurt too much. And besides, when you want to hang something up all of your nails will have teeth marks in them!

viðrar vel til loftárása
Re: Hi ! My name is smith  [message #16009 is a reply to message #15981] Sun, 05 October 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

sweetie, where HAVE you been?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Aww heck  [message #16013 is a reply to message #15967] Sun, 05 October 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

smith I can see why everyone who meets you falls in love with you. You have achieved the thing I could not. {{{{{{{{{{{{{smith}}}}}}}}}}}} :-*

Re: Aww heck  [message #16017 is a reply to message #16013] Sun, 05 October 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

something that rick posted at ashley's board and i think it has great relevance here as well. i don't know many of you but i know tim and i like to consider myself a friend to him and a few others here. just a short post to say that two people here in australia consider your actions have merit and that you should be rewarded with a simple hug. it appears that that task has already been accomplished also. thank you tim for being you.

The keys that open friendship's door
Are in your hands and mine
There's a key called understanding
Fashioned from a rare design;
For this quiet understanding
That is passed from friend to friend
Is what makes a pleasant friendship
Keep blooming with no end.

There's another key most precious
That can open friendship's door;
It's called love and we must use it
Each day, more and more
For if we give ourselves all freely
Ever seeking for the best
Being blind to faults of others
Then true friendship's been expressed.

david dawson
icon12.gif Hi All. * waves to smith*  [message #16061 is a reply to message #16017] Sun, 05 October 2003 18:12 Go to previous message
brian! is currently offline  brian!

Likes it here

All heck-*waves to all looking this way*

Thanks smith for getting everyone around. Does feel like a reunion. hehehe

Seems a bunch of us found this place about a year ago. I found my way through one of Timmy's stories. (and yes Rob, it's a cliff hanger cause it's not done yet either) hehee.

I know I don't post much, I have my reasons. I wish I could change them, but I can't. Most help I am to others is in chat or emails right now.

Maybe someday this will change.

Brian

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
Previous Topic: Notice: I am more than angry at all the poor behaviour.
Next Topic: My dear friends and family, may I have some (dating) advice?
Goto Forum: