A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Autumn Blaze!!!!!!
Autumn Blaze!!!!!!  [message #16056] Sun, 05 October 2003 16:56 Go to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

Wow ok. So I went to my frist concert ever last night. It was amazing! Simply amazing. Now my friend Andrew (the one who always makes fun of me, was once again making fun of me) becuase I was going to a christian cocnert with like 15 of my friends. And he was like ya know Christian concerts don't even really count as a concert and I was jsut like whatever. It was amazing. They had such a mix of bands there I was very impressed.

Ok so the bands who played in order of Appearance P.U.R.E (people under righteous eyes) They are a band of HIgh school kids from Lakeland a town near me. There drummer is only 16 and he jsut played in front of 16 000 people. What a feeling that must be. Then it was Cross Movement a rap/hip hop band. They were good but not really my sort of thing.

Then came the OC Supertones. They were like Ska/rock band and wow. Even my mom liked them they were so cool. I would gladly go see them or P.U.R.E again actually, we are trying to get P.U.R.E to play a concert for my youth group sometiems soon. That would be damn cool if they did. So yup. After that Ron ? Hutchcraft (sopelling?) spoke for about 1/2 hour to 40 minutes. He was really good but a little to somber for an arena of High school kids and colllege kids. Oh well besides that It went well I think.

Next came the main attraction (YAY!!!!) Third day!!! One of my ultimate favorite bands. Ok now. Third day is simply an amazing band. They have been together for 11 years so they are old. BUt they are so hot and os good. We were all drooling over there picytures on the inside of my cd thingy. The guy with the cowboy hat is the hottest I think. BUt yes anyway. Third day played for like an hour and a half. iT was so cool to watch them. I mean I'm 16 and this was the first concert I have ever been to and I went with my mom lol. BUt I have never seen that many people jumping and cheering and clapping before in my life. I dunno how many of you are familiar with jersey. BUt the concert was down at the medolands at The Arena. (Our abnd was competing at Giants Satdium last night also btw). YUp so I got a third day T -shirt, have no voice and think I am going deaf now. BUt the concert was amazing. I can't wait to go back again next year.

Peace and Trees
~Andy

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Re: Autumn Blaze!!!!!!  [message #16057 is a reply to message #16056] Sun, 05 October 2003 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Awsome. The experience of a live concert is something I hope we never lose. I wouls also like to find out a bit more about the bands you spoke of. It might be one that I had heard a few years ago, maybe it is.

Thanks for this great post. It started me thinking of a few concerts I have gone to that I really enjoyed. And guess what?

THAT is my smile for today, at least so far.

Love and Hugs to you my friend,

Kevvy

::-)

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
icon7.gif Wheeeee !! Andy had a blast !!  [message #16060 is a reply to message #16056] Sun, 05 October 2003 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

Sounds like you had a terrific time, Lil Fence Post Very Happy I've been to lots of concerts but all of them country music; Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw/Faith Hill, Kenny Chesney, George Strait, etc...

I was curious about Third Day. Here's their official site for those of you who want to see and hear. Which one wears the cowboy hat, Andy? Razz I kinda like the one in the green t-shirt with the jeans jacket.

http://www.thirdday.com/

I'm always glad to hear you had big fun Very Happy smith
Re: Wheeeee !! Andy had a blast !!  [message #16062 is a reply to message #16060] Sun, 05 October 2003 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

Since I am a Geezer, my first concert was Peter, Paul. and Mary. I remember my hoarse voice...and I didn't have to bring my Mom, even though they weren't Christian, they were "safe".

The Mama's and Papa's were cool. Mama Cass was wonderful, that warm dark voice. Also Gordon Lightfoot. Know him, smith? More folk, but some country echoes in his Native North American (Canadian Mohawk) roots. Also saw things as different as Grateful Dead and David Cassidy, who must have had a sock in his crotch for me to notice the buldge from 3/4 of the way back in the venue.

Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young wewre great, and so was Bob Dylan and so was Joni Mitchell. I still have all the ticket stubs stored away comewhere. Didn't make it to Woodstock, but woulda coulda shoulda...had the car that week-end and everything. But the bestest concert I ever went to has to be Janis Joplin when she played Saratoga, near the end of her career and her life. Awesome. Waaay more concerts in my life, even have seen Ricky Martin here in Asia.

You're on your way, Andy! More concerts in your life coming soon, and all of them will be awesome!

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
Re: Wheeeee !! Andy had a blast !!  [message #16066 is a reply to message #16060] Sun, 05 October 2003 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

Alright lol. These are my top three Tai Anderson (the cowboy hat guy) Brad Avery (green shirted guy). and then Mark Lee (brownish jacket?) Hes a hottie. So that would be the bass player and the two cute guitar players !! YAY! For an 11 year old band they still know how to do a damn good show.
Andy

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Janis Joplin hehehe  [message #16071 is a reply to message #16062] Sun, 05 October 2003 20:14 Go to previous message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

I was 14 when I saw her, I was one bold kid I actually made my way up to the stage, there were stairs on either side. I figure what the heck, so I make my way up. A cop stops me, music blaring and he yells you goin up to take pictures and I yell back yeah, The funny thing is I didn't have a camera on me hehehe. So there I go right back stage and watch the rest of the show. After her last song and before the encore she exits my side of the stage, wet with sweat she spits on the floor and ask me for the cig I am smoken so i give it to her. Well, anyway she goes back out for the encores the lights go down and se exits the other side. I think she may have been checkin me out ::-)
Also saw, The like of Cream, The Who, saw Jimi Hendrix twice, Frank Zappa.
Lots more. The last I went to was Bob Marley and the Whalers

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Previous Topic: Holy creeping crud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next Topic: Something made me weep today
Goto Forum: