A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Question for Everybody
icon5.gif Question for Everybody  [message #16105] Mon, 06 October 2003 14:31 Go to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

Why is it that we so often fall for guys who are bad for us?Confused??

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon7.gif Re: Question for Everybody  [message #16108 is a reply to message #16105] Mon, 06 October 2003 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Not quite sure. But this is not something unique to the GLTB community. Many of my straight frinds find themselves asking very similiar questions. I think it's human nature to be a little blind where love is concerned.

Just my opinion,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Re: Question for Everybody  [message #16112 is a reply to message #16105] Mon, 06 October 2003 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

i think most of us (or maybe all, to extents) have a part deep down that loves the thrill of a 'bad guy' (or person). the element of never knowing what will happen, of never knowing where you stand, the chase, the thrill when you catch or you are caught -- et. al. and even when we wind up hurt, or shunned, ignored or all of the above, we still have that part that remains. a flame that never goes out, really, no matter how small it is.

danger and bad-ness has always had some sort of strange allure.

my void does not want.

Re: Question for Everybody  [message #16114 is a reply to message #16105] Mon, 06 October 2003 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Ok, here goes.....

First, for the most part people look for the unattainable in a relationship. They are expecting their partner to fulfill some inner need.

As the relationship develops it becomes more and more apparent that these needs are not being met.....

Second, In the GLBT community, relationships (for the most part) tend to last about as long as a trip to the mens room at the local gay bar. Every one is looking for the perfect partner. In reality, there is no such thing. Compromises always have to be made by both sides of a relationship.

Third, A lot of men are just ass holes...

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
icon6.gif Re: Question for Everybody  [message #16116 is a reply to message #16114] Mon, 06 October 2003 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robert bryce is currently offline  robert bryce

Really getting into it

Marc ol friend:: I love you very much,but that last should have been a private e-mail to a very deserving person.........rob;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Re: Question for Everybody  [message #16125 is a reply to message #16116] Mon, 06 October 2003 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Play nice Rob.....

It was an answer to a question..... Noting more.....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Question for Everybody  [message #16156 is a reply to message #16105] Mon, 06 October 2003 23:14 Go to previous message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

David, that is the reason I asked that dating question the other day... because I learned that I can only see things one way... which is either through rose colored glasses or very skewed at best...

I think it may be that we do it because we don't do enough background looking before committing to the relationship that is bad for us. We live on adrenaline and infatuation.. which turns to tiredness, sadness, and disgust... after the honeymoon...

BamBam

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
Previous Topic: What is the true test of a relationship???????
Next Topic: Friends & Friendship ?
Goto Forum: