A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > First time.
First time.  [message #16107] Mon, 06 October 2003 14:40 Go to next message
jaman is currently offline  jaman

Likes it here

Hey.
This is the first time that I posted here.
I'm a 17-year-old High-school student in California.
I would like to get to know the people here.
Well,
CYA
PS I can be a bit shy sometimes.

You said when you'd die that you'd walk with me every day
And I'd start to cry and say please don't talk that way
With the blink of an eye the Lord came and asked you to meet
You went to a better place but He stole you away from me
icon7.gif Re: First time.  [message #16109 is a reply to message #16107] Mon, 06 October 2003 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Welcome! Hope you find as many friends here as I have. Feel free to stay and make yourself at home.

Love and Happiness to you,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Hmmmm.  [message #16110 is a reply to message #16107] Mon, 06 October 2003 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
machelli is currently offline  machelli

Likes it here

So, it was eight forty when you sent your message? Shouldn't you have been in school? Or is yours one of those wimpy establishments that starts the academic day at one o'clock pm?

I'm just exagerating for comedic effect; most new schools would start at twelve.

Anyway, "welcome aboard the board" (so to quote D'art); I've been here for about five days and already it's felt like FOREVER. Yeah, time sure flies when you're . . having . . . . fun . . .

Naw, I'm just kiddding. It's great here - real cosy. So, you've been to the site, right? If you haven't: check it out; there're lots of cool links and other items of interest.

Anyway, have fun. And feel free to ask these guys anything - trig questions, for example; they love to help people with Trig questions. And AP Biology. Those're the only things we talk about here.

Right, well see ya when you get out of school (which'll probably be around eight o'clock pm if you started at one.)

Sorry if I seem a little loopy; I didn't get much sleep last night. As a matter of fact, I haven't slept for more than three hours for the past month or so but - as far as I can tell - my lack of sleep has had no efefct on me wahtseoevr.

Aidos!

-Mahcleli

viðrar vel til loftárása
Re: First time.  [message #16111 is a reply to message #16107] Mon, 06 October 2003 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

hey jaman, welcome! this place is very friendly. i give you a day, two tops, and everyone here will drag you out of shy-dome. Smile Smile

-heathyr

my void does not want.

icon7.gif Welcome  [message #16113 is a reply to message #16107] Mon, 06 October 2003 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setras is currently offline  setras

Likes it here

Yup, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay. Smile It's always nice to get new members here!

Setras

PS. Apparently I should get some sleep too... 7 typing errors in this messages, not counting the ones I missed...::-)

That which is dreamed can never be lost, can never be undreamed.
-Master Li in Neil Gaiman's Sandman
Re: Welcome  [message #16115 is a reply to message #16113] Mon, 06 October 2003 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

Hiya Jaman!

It's past bed-time here in Asia, too...but I wanted to say a quick hi to another new person. Cool we seem to have so many lately! I think we have some sort of speciality in formerly-shy people...so stick around a while!::-)

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon6.gif Re: Hmmmm.  [message #16118 is a reply to message #16110] Mon, 06 October 2003 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robert bryce is currently offline  robert bryce

Really getting into it

hey Mac,if you would stop with those cliffhangers you would get lots of sleep.......just pulling on ya leg guy........rob;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
icon7.gif Hiya Jaman  [message #16123 is a reply to message #16107] Mon, 06 October 2003 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

Glad to meet ya Smile I'm smith. Plop down on the sofa and talk for awhile. It's impossible to be shy here for very long.

smiles & sunshine
smith J
icon14.gif Re: First time.  [message #16157 is a reply to message #16107] Mon, 06 October 2003 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

Hey Jaman, and WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang around as much or as little as you like... but beware, we all start rubbing off on each other after a little while... and then it is just plain nuts here !!!!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BamBam

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
Re: Hmmmm.  [message #16161 is a reply to message #16110] Tue, 07 October 2003 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaman is currently offline  jaman

Likes it here

I wish. I missed my bus. (I don't drive yet) I was 75 minutes late to my first class. My school begins at 8:20

You said when you'd die that you'd walk with me every day
And I'd start to cry and say please don't talk that way
With the blink of an eye the Lord came and asked you to meet
You went to a better place but He stole you away from me
HEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!  [message #16193 is a reply to message #16107] Tue, 07 October 2003 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Great to have you here......

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
icon7.gif Re: First time.  [message #16195 is a reply to message #16107] Tue, 07 October 2003 08:59 Go to previous message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

Welcome, Jaman!

I think you'll find that there are a lot of really terrific people here, including (and especially) in your "age group" (but, considered as a group, we "oldsters" aren't all that bad either); and we'd all be just as happy to get to know you as you are to get to know us.

Making these first postings is truly a giant leap in overcoming your shyness. Please feel free to do so whenever you have something on your mind you'd like to share.

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
Previous Topic: Friends & Friendship ?
Next Topic: HAS VOYFORUMS GONE BELLY UP?
Goto Forum: