A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Chef Andy
Chef Andy  [message #16689] Sat, 18 October 2003 23:13 Go to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

Hey yall! Today is my moms b-day so I'm makin her a cake lol. Well I had this great recipe but I didn't want to go to all the trouble of makin it if she wouldnt like it. So i showed it to her first and she was all like ehhh... Cuzi it was for moose and called for 6 raw eggs! So we gotta diffrent moose recipe and i am still making the crust and tsuff. IT is all good Smile

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Re: Chef Andy  [message #16690 is a reply to message #16689] Sat, 18 October 2003 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

Everyone has a favortie recipe right?? I mean if I can make tacos you guys can cook anything. I wnat a whole list of recipes here so I can try something new Smile Alrighties My favorite is tacos I'll post the recipe ASAp anybosy else?

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Re: Chef Andy  [message #16692 is a reply to message #16689] Sun, 19 October 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e is currently offline  e

On fire!

Hey Andy, it's not likely that anything will be wrong with the orginal mousse recipe containing the raw eggs as long as they've been stored properly and the mousse is stored properly and all your equipment is clean. However, many stores now sell pasturized eggs so any harmful microorganisms have been killed and they are safe to eat raw. The eggs help the mousse to remain fluffy and not to break down the way mousse does that contains only cream so it lasts longer. Some mousses are made with gelatin to make the last, but they usually aren't quite as fluffy. Oh yeah, mousse is French for "foam" so the lighter and fluffier the mousse is, the better it is.

Here's a favorite cookie recipe that's easy to make. I made these all the time when I was a teen.

No-Bake Cookies

2 cups granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)

In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine, milk and cocoa powder. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Continue boiling 3 minutes, stirring frequently.

Remove from heat. Stir in oats. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until firm. Store tightly covered.

You can add about a half a cup of peanut butter to this too.

::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-)

Think good thoughts,
e
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES  [message #16703 is a reply to message #16690] Sun, 19 October 2003 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 1/2c. Shortening (butter flavored is best)
1 c. brown sugar,
1 c. granulated sugar,
3 eggs,
1 tsp. salt,
1 tsp. Vanilla extract (plus a little almond extract),
3 1/2 - 4 c. flour,
2 tsp. soda,
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Pecans or macadamia nuts.

Mix first 6 ingredients. Add a little at a time flour and soda. Add chips and nuts until you can’t stir the dough anymore. Drop by tsp. on greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes at 375

This is for crunchy, not chewy cookies.

I also use the same recipe for Chistmas cookies (without chips and nuts). Add a little more flour and chill dough, since you have to role it out flat to cut out the cookies.

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
icon12.gif Re: Chef Andy  [message #16723 is a reply to message #16689] Mon, 20 October 2003 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Sorry Bud, but I have never used a recipe. I will not start now. To me cooking is like art, I just mix flavors instead of colors. the plate is my canvass.

Corny, sure. But that is me.

Luv

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Re: CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES  [message #16725 is a reply to message #16703] Mon, 20 October 2003 02:46 Go to previous message
jaman is currently offline  jaman

Likes it here

I tried the recipe, it is really good. Thanks! Smile

You said when you'd die that you'd walk with me every day
And I'd start to cry and say please don't talk that way
With the blink of an eye the Lord came and asked you to meet
You went to a better place but He stole you away from me
Previous Topic: Torch Song Trilogy
Next Topic: you guys are a bunch of fun and I love it
Goto Forum: