A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Justin the Okie
Justin the Okie  [message #16660] Sat, 18 October 2003 01:05 Go to next message
Clay49 is currently offline  Clay49

Getting started

For those that are intrested photos of Justin The Okie's tombstone are posted at http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/justintheokie/memorial.html Just follow the links.
Re: Justin the Okie  [message #16682 is a reply to message #16660] Sat, 18 October 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

he was only a year older then me... wow

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
icon9.gif Re: Justin the Okie  [message #16751 is a reply to message #16660] Mon, 20 October 2003 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You know it seems that we just passed over this. Probably because so few of us here remember him. That's a shame.

Justin died by his own hand by accident. He was doing something that went wrong.

Auto-erotic asphyxia. The alleged enhancement of orgasm by self strangulation with a ligature. It's very dangeroous, and frankly the enhanced orgasm is not worth it. Many people are certified dead from suicide annually from this route.

So think of him. And pray for him if that is your desire. And do not follow him.

Justin, I never really knew you. But I miss you for all that.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Auto-erotic asphyxia  [message #16752 is a reply to message #16751] Mon, 20 October 2003 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toms is currently offline  toms

Likes it here

This certainly hit home last year when another student at my school died of this over the summer of 2002. He had so much to offer to the world. He was a smart kid, a member of the hockey team. He should've been starting his freshman year in college this year, but things were cut short.

No temporary pleasure is worth this cost.

-Tom

"Whatever is sought for can be caught, you know,
whatever is neglected slips away."
Oedipus Rex, lines 126-127
Re: Justin the Okie  [message #16760 is a reply to message #16751] Tue, 21 October 2003 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

i'm too lazy/tired to log in, but wanted to say this -- a ways back, like a few days after i got here i think, i saw the initial post made about justin, and went to that link, read everything ... and was shocked/sad. i even passed it around to a few friends who i knew were trust worthy, and would show respect and perhaps share the warnings, too.

i looked at this one also, as i remember before the actual headstone wasn't placed yet, it was a temporary or something of the sort.

so even those of us who are too new to know justin, paid respects. Smile and also perhaps even learned something from it...
Justin the Okie... for those of us who are new...  [message #16762 is a reply to message #16660] Tue, 21 October 2003 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

Can you tell us more about Justin?? I for one can only wonder what he was like, how beautiful he must have been, and maybe some great memories of him and his life...

Now that he has passed, is it possible for you to share with us his life????

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BamBam

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
Re: Justin the Okie... for those of us who are new...  [message #16763 is a reply to message #16762] Tue, 21 October 2003 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

If you click on Timmy's link to Ashley's site (above), Ashley has a link to Justin's Memorial pages, which include pics of him and a collection of MB posts on three MB's he was active on. Worth a read, he was a great young person, similar in many ways to the young people we have here on this MB now.

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon9.gif Please don't think I don't care .........  [message #16766 is a reply to message #16660] Tue, 21 October 2003 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

I have alot of personal issues with death. I am not good at dealing with it. I am just not.

you may notice I am silent on posts like this, it's because I can't talk about how I feel. I am scared.

Please understand, I really do care.

I am sorry,

Kevin

:'-(

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Hi, Kevin - again!  [message #16767 is a reply to message #16766] Tue, 21 October 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve is currently offline  Steve

Really getting into it

I don't think that we are all expected to relate to everything that is posted here. I think we are invited to respond when we have something that we want to say.

If we have something to say but we don't want to say it we "have the right to remain silent". If we have nothing to say, or nothing worth saying, in my (warped) opinion we may even have a duty not to say anything.

Be easy, dear soul. You don't have to say anything that you don't want to say.

Hugs.
You aren't the only one, Kevvy  [message #16769 is a reply to message #16766] Tue, 21 October 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

I never knew him but I have read all the comments and looked at all the pictures to try to get a feel of who he was and what happened. What a sad loss of a beautiful boy. Just one more grab for a more intense high and he was gone.

Grownups always say teens have no concept of mortality; that we think we will live forever. It's sad things like this that make me know I won't. For all intents and purposes, I could be him.

smith
I didn't mean to make us feel guilty  [message #16774 is a reply to message #16769] Tue, 21 October 2003 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

When one cannot say anything one need not say anything.

Really I just wanted it nearer the top of the pile for a while. smith has hit the nail on the head. Some of us have tried this stuff out, some have come near death for other reasons. And all early deaths are a terrible waste.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: You aren't the only one, Kevvy  [message #16776 is a reply to message #16769] Tue, 21 October 2003 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

...and I fervently hope and pray (as do we all, I'm sure) that you (or anybody else, for that matter) never will be.

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
Sometimes we need to remind ourselves  [message #50026 is a reply to message #16660] Sun, 20 April 2008 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I was reminded of Justin by a news story about a 12 year old boy who was found dead by his 14 year old brother earlier this week.

It doesn't seem a stupid thing to do until you get it wrong.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 April 2008 15:59]

Re: Sometimes we need to remind ourselves  [message #50028 is a reply to message #50026] Sun, 20 April 2008 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis one who makes noise is currently offline  Curtis one who makes noise

Likes it here

Im amazed that the straight and gay worlds are not up in arms about this. This is one issue where both groups could come together and try and educate the kids about the dangers of this. Ignorance is the killer. As always parents are burying thier head in the sand.

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you......
Re: Sometimes we need to remind ourselves  [message #50037 is a reply to message #50028] Sun, 20 April 2008 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Half of me agrees with you. Half of me says that some imbecile will try it, just because he has been told it is a bad idea. Like a "wet Paint" sign would make him touch the paint.

Actually........  [message #50038 is a reply to message #50028] Mon, 21 April 2008 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Scarfing has nothing to do with being gay or straight....

It has to do with the right equipment and the right tie.....

Oh.... it doesn't hurt to be dunb as a post either.....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Justin the Okie  [message #50087 is a reply to message #16660] Tue, 22 April 2008 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crzypunx is currently offline  crzypunx

Getting started

Justin is very much missed by those of us who knew him. I built that memorial website and I hope everyone repects the memory of this boy who was so loved by so many.

Justin's death was a tragic accident that shook so many of us to the core. He was highly intelligent, he cared so passionately about equality and civil rights, he was a beautiful person with a heart to match. Justin was much loved by everyone who knew him. To this day I speak with people who weep over his death when we talk. I still weep over his death - if "his" song comes onto the radio in the car...little unexpected things...

RIP Justin You are loved and your memory will live forever in the hearts of those who knew and loved you.

So, please speak gently when you speak of Justin.

"If you're born a lion, don't bother trying to act tame."
Re: Justin the Okie  [message #50088 is a reply to message #50087] Tue, 22 April 2008 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I used his website as a real example of a boy with a face and hopes and fears who died by accident. Those who saw it where I used it appreciated it and found it valuable.

What he had no time to do in life he does in death.

Re: Justin the Okie... for those of us who are new...  [message #50089 is a reply to message #16763] Tue, 22 April 2008 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cameron is currently offline  Cameron

Toe is in the water

I looked for the link to Ashley's site. I thought I saw it there before, but I
can't find it now. Am I just blind? Or is it no longer on the forum?

Confused??
icon9.gif Re: Justin the Okie  [message #50090 is a reply to message #50087] Tue, 22 April 2008 21:39 Go to previous message
Cameron is currently offline  Cameron

Toe is in the water

Lance, I'm sorry that I never knew Justin. I have read most of what is posted on the memorial sites. It is a very sad story. He was beautiful and smart. He fought for what he believed in. What a terrible loss to his family and friends. I can understand why you still miss him so much.

Cameron
Previous Topic: English As She Is Spoke
Next Topic: For Body and Soul
Goto Forum: