A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Help in the fight for equal rights .........
Help in the fight for equal rights .........  [message #16775] Tue, 21 October 2003 16:14 Go to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Sign the petition at the link below....

http://www.hrc.org/millionformarriage/index.asp

We all deserve to have all the rights and privilages the constitution guarantees.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
icon4.gif Re: Help in the fight for equal rights .........  [message #16777 is a reply to message #16775] Tue, 21 October 2003 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think we need to make sure we do not pass this "idly by". You are not mandated to vote, but do at least consider voting. Yes, even a non US citizen

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Someday we will have all the rights we deserve......  [message #16799 is a reply to message #16775] Wed, 22 October 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

But not without the effort to get them.....

If you are G.L.B.T, have friends that are G.L.B. or T., or just care..... Please join in the fight for equal rights.....

If you as a young gay person expect a long term loving relationship... Then you need this as much as I do.

Someday something may happen and the having of these rights will make the way easier.

Without them, with a relationship or not, we are but chaff on the wind....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Timmy,  [message #16801 is a reply to message #16777] Wed, 22 October 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve is currently offline  Steve

Really getting into it

Please explain by what right non-US citizens can interfere in their internal affairs. This is, after all, a petition, not an opinion survey.

Am I being over-sensitive here?
Re: Timmy,  [message #16802 is a reply to message #16801] Wed, 22 October 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaman is currently offline  jaman

Likes it here

I guess that it's a little bit of pressure from the out-side world,
as well as from the United States. It is very common to have petitions being signed from people the world over. -Sorry for the poor wording, I just crawled out of bed.

You said when you'd die that you'd walk with me every day
And I'd start to cry and say please don't talk that way
With the blink of an eye the Lord came and asked you to meet
You went to a better place but He stole you away from me
Can it hurt?????  [message #16805 is a reply to message #16801] Wed, 22 October 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Perhaps if the world screams these politicos will hear....

Re: Timmy,  [message #16806 is a reply to message #16801] Wed, 22 October 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

By the self same right that the USA interferes in other nations' politics.

Human rights.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Someday we will have all the rights we deserve......  [message #16809 is a reply to message #16799] Wed, 22 October 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robert bryce is currently offline  robert bryce

Really getting into it

Just my two cents people But this struggle for gay rights aint going no place until the various religious factions have their hearts,(if they got any),cut out.The way I see it the main problem stems from religious opposition and those bastards have a lot of clout.The civil rights movement,not too very long age should have taught some basic lessons..Hell, people so soon forget!!! Just one state decided the election and started a chain of events that generations of Americans will pay and pay dearly for.The only weapon that those bigots understand is the boycott..You start with the church and end with the new car dealership..These people thrive on our money.That is what fuels the bigots engines of hate..Truth be told,WE have a lot of power,but WE do not use it wisely..Imagime how bent out of shape the pope would get if America stopped sending money to the vatican or even left the church..Polite passive tolorance to this dangerous bigitry WILL NOT WORK..Hit the bastards where it hurts,the pocketbook....rob
I find this interesting .....  [message #16810 is a reply to message #16775] Wed, 22 October 2003 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

I think I was the first to vote on this but I did not post.

Now we are having a discussion about rights. hmmm. The funny thing is that in spite of the help from our friends outside our boarders, very little will likely come of this. The Christian right in this country especially in the south is just to powerful a force as most people do not vote. People on the right vote at a two to one ratio to those on the left. Sad really.

Steve asked a qustion about the right to interfere. This is not an actual vote, simply a petition. I don't mind any country putting their two cents in as long as the international rule of law is obeyed. To bad our current president has seen fit to abandon any laws he sees fit when it suits him. I believe he should be tried as a war criminal.

But that is just me.

Steve, we need all the help we can get.

Rob, as far as cutting hearts out, I think that is going a little to far. We do not need to stoop to their level.

Thanks Marc for the thought provoking thread this turned out to be.

Cool beans all,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
icon6.gif Re: Someday we will have all the rights we deserve......  [message #16812 is a reply to message #16809] Wed, 22 October 2003 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robert bryce is currently offline  robert bryce

Really getting into it

You cut a religious fanatics heart out by seperating the bonehead from his pocketbook..Thats why the boycott is so successful...BTW the pope is so stupid in his stance on condoms aids and contraception..The fool is really playing into our hands and many Catholics are very fed up and are leaving the church in droves..I am fed up with peace-nicks that lack the resolve to see this situation non other than war..These same peaceful people will lead the way to the concentration camps....rob>Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad and im mad as hell
icon7.gif Kevin, I voted :-)  [message #16813 is a reply to message #16810] Wed, 22 October 2003 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve is currently offline  Steve

Really getting into it

No Message Body
Re: I find this interesting .....  [message #16817 is a reply to message #16810] Wed, 22 October 2003 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaman is currently offline  jaman

Likes it here

I signed the petition,
and I hope that it will make an impact.
It makes me sick really, how the Christian-Right can be so hypocritical.
It reminds me of the Catholic Church before the reformation, a cancer sucking the life out of the victims it brainwashes, and of those who are victimised by the victims.

You said when you'd die that you'd walk with me every day
And I'd start to cry and say please don't talk that way
With the blink of an eye the Lord came and asked you to meet
You went to a better place but He stole you away from me
I am a peacnick myself  [message #16819 is a reply to message #16812] Thu, 23 October 2003 00:22 Go to previous message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

No Message Body

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Previous Topic: First quarter over, 3 to go.
Next Topic: suddenly so much warmer...
Goto Forum: