A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I have a new dog !!!
icon7.gif I have a new dog !!!  [message #16930] Sun, 26 October 2003 00:36 Go to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

I already have three: my best friend Jerimiah (Big J) a golden Cocker, Scooter, a blue heeler and Reba, a beautiful black Lab.

I work at the vet's office every afternoon and today a man brought in a dog that he'd found on the highway. He was covered in mud and had blood and cuts all over. The man left him and the doc said we'd prolly have to take him to the animal services :'-( You know what that means. One of my jobs is to wash the animals so I took him out back and scrubbed him all up and guess what I found........a beautiful yellow Lab. His fur is almost white and he kissed me bunches Very Happy
Anyway, he's MINE !! Big J fell in love as soon as they saw each other. Hahaha ! I have really queer dogs >>giggle<< Reba is very safe cause they just like each other.
Lastly......don't you laugh..... I named him Randy ;-D Well, the white/blond hair and the licks and kisses......how could I not? I know, my obsession will make me crazy Hee!
My Mama says I have too many dogs but can you have TOO many friends? I think not Sad) Life is good !!
Re: I have a new dog !!!  [message #16931 is a reply to message #16930] Sun, 26 October 2003 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

congrats on the new pet smith! now all i need is a bunny or a kitty cat nad i would be a very happy little guy...

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
icon7.gif Congrats!  [message #16938 is a reply to message #16930] Sun, 26 October 2003 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaman is currently offline  jaman

Likes it here

Congrats!
It's a good thing that you have him, another mate!
And they never say the wrong thing!
I have 1 German Shephard, Athena.
Then my 6 chickens: Min-Ji, Suel, Ayumi, Sung-Hee, June-Hee, and Minki.
(Minki is the rooster)

You said when you'd die that you'd walk with me every day
And I'd start to cry and say please don't talk that way
With the blink of an eye the Lord came and asked you to meet
You went to a better place but He stole you away from me
Re: I have a new dog !!!  [message #16954 is a reply to message #16930] Sun, 26 October 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

wow!

You are rather special you know.

Just remember you can't save them all

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon7.gif Awesome, JJ!  [message #16956 is a reply to message #16930] Sun, 26 October 2003 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

You have a heart of gold smith. Hugs for you and your newest family member... Smile

Hope you and Randy and your other friends have a lot of fun together. Btw, who's your new avatar?

See you soon I hope!

-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Maybe I can't save em all.........  [message #16961 is a reply to message #16954] Sun, 26 October 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

but I can sure try Very Happy

He fits right in.....Big J sleeps right by me, Kiss sleeps on my head and Randy found a place by my feet, let out this HUGE sigh and went to doggysleepworld where he chased squirrels all night Sad)

hahaha.....if animals relieve stress, they're gonna have to start pokin me with a stick to make sure I'm breathin ;-D
icon6.gif Giggle ~ my avatar  [message #16962 is a reply to message #16956] Sun, 26 October 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

That's Randy Razz Razz Razz Actually that's the object of my fixated obsession wheeee Randy Harrison !!
Re: Giggle ~ my avatar  [message #16963 is a reply to message #16962] Sun, 26 October 2003 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Randy Harrison???

What does he do?
Confused??

icon7.gif Hey smith  [message #16970 is a reply to message #16930] Sun, 26 October 2003 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

Great to hear about Randy, I agree with you. You can't have too many friends who lick your face ;-D

and so in this spirit I bring you this...
icon7.gif Haha What does Randy do??  [message #16973 is a reply to message #16963] Sun, 26 October 2003 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Well, he makes my mind go all mushy and my toes curl Sad) Sad) Sad)

He is one of the stars of Queer As Folk US on Showtime.

smith
icon7.gif Sweeeet !!  [message #16974 is a reply to message #16970] Sun, 26 October 2003 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Randy looks just like the little blond puppy Very Happy He has gold ears and really looooooooong eyelashes and HUGE feet. He was crying when I left him this morning, standing at the back gate going "Aoooooooooooooowwwwww !!" But Big J and the others will sort him out in no time.

Did I tell ya'll that I found 4 baby squirrels in a nest that had fallen from the big oak tree out back? No mama :-/ They are doing good (like the world needs more squirrels haha) fed with a medicine dropper and all. I named them Winken, Blinken, Nod and Bruce.

smith
Re: Haha What does Randy do??  [message #16975 is a reply to message #16973] Sun, 26 October 2003 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Aa, is he that Justin bloke?
He is rather cute.

icon7.gif Re: I have a new dog !!!  [message #16982 is a reply to message #16930] Mon, 27 October 2003 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

Hey smith, you certainly give new meaning to the phrase "going to the dogs"! Wink

I had a Cocker spaniel ("Freckles") when I was a kid, and some close friends of mine whom I've known for many years have had both a black Lab and a yellow Lab; they were the sweetest dogs I've ever known. That's why I'm really not surprised that this one took to you like that. After all, it was you who cleaned him up and dressed his wounds, and perhaps showed him the first real affection he has ever known. The yellow Lab my friends had had been "rescued" from an abusive owner; but all you had to do was pet him once, and you had a friend for life. It also doesn't surprise me that "J" fell in love with him, too; it would naturally follow that your "best friend" would have as big a heart as you do (and Reba, Scooter and Kissy don't seem to be very lacking in that department, either!). I certainly would have loved to have been "a fly on the wall" to see the welcome you got when you came home later.

For the life of me, though, I simply cannot figure out why you would name him "Randy"! ::-)

Maybe you can't save them all (nobody can); but that is indeed no reason to stop trying.

As for Wynken, Blinken, Nod and Bruce (I love that!), and whether there are already enough squirrels in the world, you already know that they too are God's creatures.

One can never have too many friends (especially friends like that). Please give Randy (and the rest of the "gang") an extra pet for me.

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
Re: Hey smith  [message #16984 is a reply to message #16970] Mon, 27 October 2003 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

I LOVE that picture, Gil! Thank you!

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
So Bruce must be the gay baby, right?  [message #16990 is a reply to message #16974] Mon, 27 October 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

With dogs, I went for size rather than numbers. My Bernese Mountain Dog "Atlas" weighed in at around 120 pounds and could hop up and put his paws on my shoulders while he kissed my face. As long as I braced myself so he didn't knock me over...

He and my two cats Snowball (the black one) and Midnight (the white one of course) were very much my family back then...all this was almost 20 years ago, before I moved to Asia and met Man.

There's always a picture of Atlas with some of his kids and grandkids on my living room wall, which gets moved to new living rooms whenever needed.

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon7.gif Re: I have a new dog !!!  [message #17030 is a reply to message #16930] Mon, 27 October 2003 21:07 Go to previous message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Congrats smith!!!

I like randy too!!!

Have a great puppy filled day,

Kevin::-)

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Previous Topic: armed & dangerous with make-up.
Next Topic: Boxers or Briefs?
Goto Forum: