A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The European side
The European side  [message #16976] Sun, 26 October 2003 18:22 Go to next message
jaman is currently offline  jaman

Likes it here

I feel kind of weird right now...
I just came out to my favourite Uncle, Michael, the first relative I cam out to outside my parents. And the First relative in Germany...
I know that he'll tell the whole family... And I don't know how they'll all take it.

You said when you'd die that you'd walk with me every day
And I'd start to cry and say please don't talk that way
With the blink of an eye the Lord came and asked you to meet
You went to a better place but He stole you away from me
Re: The European side  [message #16978 is a reply to message #16976] Sun, 26 October 2003 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

hugs you. You know you did this because you wanted that outcome

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The European side  [message #16979 is a reply to message #16978] Sun, 26 October 2003 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

It's kind of odd really... I really wanted to do this, but then I'm afraid that I may have rocked the boat too much.

Re: The European side  [message #16980 is a reply to message #16979] Mon, 27 October 2003 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

I think Timmy has a point, that perhaps you chose your Uncle Michael knowing there was a good chance he'd pass it on to the rest of the family, and thereby remove any need for you to have to go through the whole thing over again with each member. I wish and hope that it all turns out for the absolute best for you (at least you might find out out which of your relatives truly love you and which, if any, do not; not terribly reassuirng perhaps, but at this point it might be better than wondering about it).

Having said that, I must say I admire your courage. {{{hugs}}} Good luck!

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
icon6.gif Re: The European side  [message #16985 is a reply to message #16980] Mon, 27 October 2003 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Thanks for your concern.
To be frank on this matter, I'd rather be hated for who I am than to be loved for who I am not. So if someone (At worst) dis-owns me, then that is their loss. As far as Michael is concerned, he took it pretty well, I think.
He's normally cool with it... So let's see what happens...

Re: The European side  [message #16989 is a reply to message #16985] Mon, 27 October 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

that is an awesome way to look at it. you wouldn't love yourself, wholly, if you were living a lie--and self love, sometimes, is the most important of all. i really hope it all turns out well for you.

my void does not want.

Re: The European side  [message #16991 is a reply to message #16989] Mon, 27 October 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

I don't know you very well yet, but well done. I remember very well the combination of dread and relief after telling important people...it IS a weird thing.

Intense emotions are often mixed up together like spaghetti on a plate...

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon7.gif I know they wont hate you .....  [message #17034 is a reply to message #16976] Mon, 27 October 2003 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

How could they? They know, just like I do how wonderful you really are.

Much love to you everyday,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Re: The European side  [message #17043 is a reply to message #16989] Tue, 28 October 2003 01:35 Go to previous message

Likes it here

I told my father's mother, she is really cool with it.
And I know that I have 1 grandmother, at least, who will love me no matter what... Cool

Previous Topic: It's me.... again
Next Topic: My two smiles today .....
Goto Forum: