A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > soemdays I just wish I could rememebr my password *sigh*
soemdays I just wish I could rememebr my password *sigh*  [message #18060] Sun, 30 November 2003 21:34 Go to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

Wow, ok I'll try to do this again in just as much detail. Hopefully I typed in the right password now. Somedays I really wonder how good self confidence is. See I have fairly low self esteem but am a very stubborn person. It is my belief that I can do anythign that I want to physically. There is nothing that I cannot do. For the most part I think I can do it all in one shot also.

as mostof you know I have been in a vegetable like state basically since september becasue of my hip. I would spend all my time sitting in my chair here, occasionally sliding over a foot into my bed to sleep. This has been the extent of my activity.

Today however was beautiful day clear sunny kinda of warm but not hot. and I decided that it would be the perfect day to take my bike andmy cameras and go hiking and use up the remaining pictures on soem ruins that I know of cle to my house. Well as close as 8 miles can ever be Smile. Since I wasn't supposed to be hiking I figured that i would take my bike up the highway to a diffrent trail head and then I would only have to hike 4 miles instead of 8.

After checking the tires and packing my backpack I jumped onto my bike and headed off. Well for the first time in my life I have puked by the side of the road. Very Happy It was actually a rather unique expieriance. So I am biking up hill two miles on the highway. I pulled my bike up after passing under the over pass. Stopping for the 4th or 5th time since I left my hosue.

Pulling my bike over I paced for a little while feeling kind of pukish. I couldn't drink my mouth was all slippery from spit my ear was ringing and I was kind of dizzy. Well I was determined to make it to the parking lot no matter what. I had to get there. Hoping back on my bike I continued riding upwards. Finally I fellover puking in the grass next to the highway. Before I walked my bike the rest of the way to the parking lot.

When I reached it I puked again but by that time I was determined to get home by my own free will so I grabbed my bike sat down and let myself glide down the hill. Swerving mildly becuase I felt to sick to really control it. Finally I ended up walking my bike back to my house (to make a long story short) and falling into my house stripping all the way up to the bathroom after grabbing a cup of water. By that time I drew a bath and laid there for two hours untill my body felt better Smile Smile so that was my trip. I never actually went hiking

I took no pictures
But it was nice to know that I had pushed my body to the maxium it could go. I was just really happy none of my friends were their to see it . Ah wells
peace and tress
~AnDy

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
icon5.gif A... *cough* ...Most unique, um, experience...  [message #18063 is a reply to message #18060] Sun, 30 November 2003 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

Awww, that didn't sound fun at all. Sad Well you got out of the house at least, that's gotta be worth something in somebody's book I suppose?

What made you get so ill you think, did it hurt too much or what?

Hope you're okay and feeling better now, and not depressed by your - uhm - special experience.

*hugs* for you...
-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
icon7.gif Re: soemdays I just wish I could rememebr my password *sigh*  [message #18064 is a reply to message #18060] Sun, 30 November 2003 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Your friends here saw it even if only in our minds ... hehe.

I am glad you got out today, just be careful OK?

I am just happy you did not swerve into traffic. Take the pictures next time, my fellow tree hugger.

May love find your heart today,

Kevvy
::-) :-* Razz

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Sounds like a good experience  [message #18065 is a reply to message #18060] Mon, 01 December 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Personally I think that it is good to occasionally really push yourself to see how far you can go, I don't do it often enough. I'm sure that you know the potential danger involved, though and wouldn't go too far. It sounds like a good way to clean out the cobwebs though, now you can be a couch potato for another month! Pity you didn't get to go hiking, but it still sounded like a rewarding day, even if you felt like shit physically afterwards.

I remember one time I was on a school hike, I was just plodding along really slowly for a lot of it while the guys up the front took the lead I stayed near the back, being lazy and slow. But then one day I needed to go the toilet (number 2) really bad and at the current group pace it would take a good hour and a half to get there (and I wasn't about to dig my own hole to go in!). So with the guys that were in the lead, we decided to just really push it. I never knew that I could run while carrying a 10+ kg pack on my back! It was warm weather and sweat was absolutely pouring down my face by the time I arrived at the long drop, but it was actually quite rewarding, especially when I still had 20 minutes of free time waiting for the rest of the group to catch up, after going to the toilet.

It kind of makes me wonder, I mean I've never pushed myself to the point where I throw up, whereas people that are really good sports people seem to do that at least once in their life. Could I really run, swim and cycle faster if I just pushed myself more? Could I have been one of the jocks at school if I was just willing to go to the limits with my body? I don't know, maybe not, but it is still interesting to consider...

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
I am so in 2 minds over this  [message #18069 is a reply to message #18060] Mon, 01 December 2003 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Half wants to say "Awesome" and half wants to tell you that you are crazy.

Why? The hip has to heal

So, were you crazy, or was it awesome?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Sounds like a good experience  [message #18071 is a reply to message #18065] Mon, 01 December 2003 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Thank you Saben. I had some of the same thoughts. But we do not have a hurt hip like Andy. I hope he can go on to do anything he wants. I bet he can. He is a strong person and has a will to bring himself to the next level.

Hugs to Saben and Andy,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Re: I am so in 2 minds over this  [message #18076 is a reply to message #18069] Mon, 01 December 2003 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

awesome. I mean I was disgusted with mysefl when I threw up and I felt like shit and was sweating and my muscles felt like they were ripped in half. But now thinking baout it Im like wow. That was awesome.

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
icon6.gif Re: soemdays I just wish I could rememebr my password *sigh*  [message #18088 is a reply to message #18060] Mon, 01 December 2003 09:53 Go to previous message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

Wisdom is gained in the palace of excess, one old saying goes. And no matter it's cost, mentally, physically or emotionally (or spiritually for that matter) Wisdom is highly to be prized.

Still gotta wonder what you were thinking just before you reached the point of no return, but you seem to have the right attitude about it. There are times, like a few of the others have said, that you do need to push yourself, to find what your limits are. Just remember to not push too hard. Every once in a while you can come back from the palace of excess with more than just wisdom, and nobody wants to find themselves hurt worse than when they started out.

I gotta admit as well, the mental image of Andy jumping off his bike to blow chunks into the gravel beside a Jersey highway kinda does give you a small chuckle. Kinda makes me worried as well, but the image of that moment kinda tickles something primal in the back of your humor that you just can't ignore, common curtesy and basic human empathy not withstanding.

I hope you take this lesson to heart, Kiddo. You know your point of no return now. Time to take care of yourself a little better. That two hour soak probably was a huge step in the right direction after that.

I do think that you should have taken a picture of the spot where it happened, although not the evidence of the event itself. Just something to remind you of the day, something you can hold up and tell a story about.

Anyways, I have to get back to typing or ppl will send me nasty grams about how long between chapters again,LOL. Just kidding folks, about the nasty grams that is.

Take care, my brothers. Cya on the other side.

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
Previous Topic: Tea vs. Coffee
Next Topic: Digital Clock
Goto Forum: