A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Why I hate Trig/Analytical Calculus so...
icon9.gif Why I hate Trig/Analytical Calculus so...  [message #18506] Mon, 15 December 2003 17:41 Go to next message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

An old axiom goes two wrongs don't make a right. Simple to understand and simply said. Is there a point when a number of wrongs greater than two equals a right? The mathematics on this aren't very clear.

I guess it comes down to a matter of the frustrations of semantics. Sometimes we mean what we say, but other's don't take our meaning. Sometimes we say what we mean yet the point still gets lost in translation.

But hey, that's life. Live and learn, and when you aren't sure ask a question. It's all about getting along, you know. It's all about not making the same mistakes as before.

So, I guess I should appologize to Andy. I took something said about his play and used my own context and paradigm to understand it, yet I obviously am not as smart as everyone says I think I am. Otherwise, I would have understood Marc's point fully. I'm certain that Andy had no intention of the mention of his school play becoming a bone of contention between teenagers and adults alike. I'm sorry, Little Brother. Deeply sorry.

I also appologize to Marc for not having his depth of knowledge in the subject he alluded to. I often just play things off the cuff, no preparation, no research, so in this case I was mistaken for not knowing the reference. To be honest, I thought your question, although rhetorical in foundation, was a request for opinions from the group. I appologize if my statements infringed on your personal freedoms or seemed to be an attack on your ideals. That was the furthest intent from my mind. I hope you can forgive me.

I should also appologize to Kevin, who I am just beginning to have converstations with as a friend, yet it seems I have embroiled him in some sort of continuing feud with Marc. Gentlemen, I don't know the particulars of the argument, nor do I care to find out. It's not for me or this forum to air whatever grievences or difficulties lie between you two. I hope that you can work it out separate from here, either to resolve it as friends or to simply agree not to tread on each other. Again, not my place to say. However, I never intended to get either of you riled. I do not see myself as someone who starts disagreements, or who contributes to them continuing. Kev, I'm sorry, man. Guess I found a way to screw up something not even my fault.

I also appologize to everyone here at the board. I try to say things here with a little wisdom, a lot of compassion and a touch of humor. In this instance, it seems, I started a "range war" and it wasn't fair to any of the rest of you that also simply added your own opinion and experience to something that I myself was not smart enough to comprehend. I'm sorry if any vituperation fell your way, whether earned by your own words or as a consequence of the fallout of mine.

Last, I feel I must appologize to Timmy. I keep telling you that this is a place where you can come to discuss things, to keep the light of knowledge, compassion, understanding and maybe even wisdom alive and well, and I have trashed it up with a seriously nasty Gordion Knot of frustration, confusion and angst. As psychic as I can be at times, Tim, I didn't see it coming. I hope this doesn't put you out or make you think that tbe board isn't A Place of Safety anymore. I am very sorry that I acted so rashly and without consideration on your board.

Okay, so while all this is adding up, I still can't see the point of making wrongs while hoping to make rights. Perhaps that's why I hate NASCAR (they only make left turns). Once again, I'm not smart enough to figure that out. Perhaps no one is. Perhaps once in a while I should remember to let some things lie and give my enthusiasm to others. You've got to pick your battles in this life. The ones you can win, the ones you must win, and every once in a while, the ones you can afford to lose even when you go down swinging.

Either way you look at it, I still suck at math.

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
Re: Why I hate Trig/Analytical Calculus so...  [message #18511 is a reply to message #18506] Mon, 15 December 2003 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

I am really good at math.

The way I add this up, you have nothing to apologize for at all, least of all me. You have been nothing but a friend to me and if you apologize that seems like that act was wrong, it wasn't. You are a wonderful caring person who spoke from the heart with the best information you had at the time. We should thank you for that if anything.

Marcs point wasn't totally clear. He knows that too. In the words of the famed 'Guns and Roses' ... we all need a little patients.

It pains me to quote Axel Rose, but hey, what could I do ... hehe

DA, thanks for being here and being you. You add much to our little family here.

Love and hugs,

Kevin
:-* :-* :-*

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Math is cool/Logic is sometimes shaky...  [message #18516 is a reply to message #18506] Mon, 15 December 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

I guess we all come at things from different places. You're totally wicked cool, D Very Happy

{{{{hugs}}}} This place wouldn't be the same without you Wink smith J
icon6.gif Nascar...  [message #18519 is a reply to message #18506] Mon, 15 December 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

While the cars only make left turns (and that in a country well-known for its right-wing ideals Wink), they do make most excellent and entertaining crashes...

Except, of course, if the Nas-cars happen to be roaring along in a movie called Days of Thunder. Then everybody watching falls asleep.

Hugs!
-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
icon12.gif Days of Thunder!!!!!  [message #18520 is a reply to message #18519] Mon, 15 December 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

God, that is almost as bas as Stalone's 'Cobra'. Now THAT was a horrible movie.

hehe

Kevin

icon6.gif Bad ...  [message #18521 is a reply to message #18520] Mon, 15 December 2003 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I am a horrible typist.

Re: Days of Thunder!!!!!  [message #18524 is a reply to message #18520] Tue, 16 December 2003 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

OMG!!! Cobra......That is a classic movie Cool Sly was so cool when those bad dudes leveled that entire motel...........How can you say that was horrible Sad)
Hahaha !! The worse thing I've ever seen was that semi truck scene in Terminator 3 when he just hung onto the extension thingie and smashed into buildings.....but I did like the part where he's carrying the coffin on his shoulder and firing the uzi with the other hand. JJ
icon7.gif Re: Days of Thunder!!!!!  [message #18527 is a reply to message #18524] Tue, 16 December 2003 01:39 Go to previous message

On fire!

Never saw T3 yet, figured I would wait for cable tv to get it. But Cobra put a bad taste in my mouth when Stalone had over a half hour of the movie cut from the tape so it was only 90 min long .... he figured he could make more money if it could play more times in one day. So I already didn't like it even before I saw it.

The 'Ernest' movies could have been used instead, or maybe a horror movie I saw that was about a haunted space station (I forget the name now)

But the ONLY movie I ever saw that led me to think it should be banned (and remeber I am a free speech nut) was 'Silent Night Deadly Night'. That was one in which Santa Clause hacks up little kids with an axe.

That even offended me so much that a free speech nut like me thought "no kid should ever see this"

But thinking now, that is the worst i ever saw.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

hehe

Love and happiness to all,

Kevin

Previous Topic: Sorry, But Joke Bunny Fluff Attack
Next Topic: Yet another Illusion for you .....
Goto Forum: