A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Unrest in the land of the roo's ....
icon9.gif Unrest in the land of the roo's ....  [message #19810] Tue, 17 February 2004 06:34 Go to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

To my friend Ashley I say that my hopes prayers are with you. I wish and hope that the early reports are not true.

Racial unrest is not what we need at this time in history. Especailly in a wonderful place like the land down under.

I hope we are beyond this kind of strife.

Everyday, I try to deal with my own prejudices. I am far from perfect. But even the most apathetic of us can see that violence in the face of racial prejudice needs to be addressed from both sides.

From the late John Lennon:

All we are saying, is give peace a chance.

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Re: Unrest in the land of the roo's ....  [message #19813 is a reply to message #19810] Tue, 17 February 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

It would kind of help if you mentioned what you were refering to. Do you mean this http://news.ninemsn.com.au/National/story_54960.asp ? I can't find any other stories that would be considered violent, though that story I linked to doesn't really seem to be racially motivated, so I'm not sure what else you could be talking about. This is not an attack, but I'm Australian and if there is a problem back in my own country, then I'd like to know what it is, instead of having to struggle around vague messages.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Never mind  [message #19814 is a reply to message #19813] Tue, 17 February 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Okay, this article at BBC cleared things up http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3494679.stm I guess Australian media doesn't want to look at it as a racially motivated issue and neither really do I.... I'm not sure what to say, but no group involved in this is going to come out of it better for wear, this situation will only have losers, no winners.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
icon14.gif That's the one!!  [message #19816 is a reply to message #19814] Tue, 17 February 2004 12:54 Go to previous message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

I didn't have a link, I just saw it on BBC international when I woke up in the middle of the night.

Thanks for helping me clear that up.

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Previous Topic: Can you outsmart your foot?
Next Topic: pity
Goto Forum: