A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Making us illegal
icon13.gif Making us illegal  [message #20181] Thu, 18 March 2004 11:46 Go to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Lawmakers in Reah (I think that's spelled correctly) County, Tennesee are trying to get the State Constitution altered so that they can make being gay a "crime against nature" and punishable by law. This is the same county that held the so called 'Monkey trials' years ago after they made the teaching of evolution a crime.

When people use their religious beliefs to discriminate, we all lose.

Makes me embarrased to live in the same coutry as these folks.

Confused?? :-/

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
A Point in their favor  [message #20183 is a reply to message #20181] Thu, 18 March 2004 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e is currently offline  e

On fire!

Obviously they were right about evolution. They have not evolved.

Think good thoughts,
e
icon5.gif A Serious Question about these idiots  [message #20186 is a reply to message #20183] Thu, 18 March 2004 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

They may be morons, but they have increasing political power and influence. They have plenty of money, and they are also taking over much of the main-stream Protestant churches, which used to be moderate to liberal.

So...they are dangerous. That makes me nervous. Are we too complacent about what these people could end up doing? Are we relying too much on the good will and good sense of the silent majority?

And shouls we become even more militant in response?

One thing I could do once I started having spare cash was to give generously to organizations that fight for us, which I continue to do.

The other thing I did was leave the country...ran away to a friendlier environment...which I sometimes feel bad about.

But not when I read more nonsense like this every day...

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon9.gif Problem with running away though is...  [message #20188 is a reply to message #20186] Thu, 18 March 2004 19:52 Go to previous message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

You made them a favor, David. There's now one less gay man in America, and that makes them happy.

Thanks Kevin for the heads-up...
*hugs you tight*

-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Previous Topic: The thoughts on Anal Sex interested me
Next Topic: Note: you do not have an icon that is happy and crying ....
Goto Forum: