A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > sadness
sadness  [message #20739] Fri, 07 May 2004 22:03 Go to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

I have a friend,

He's an amazing guy and hes really sick right now. He needs everyones support so just read this and think of him for me please.

God, theres a boy, who's really cool and only 14. He's been really good to me for awhile now, and I just want you to make him better. He's to young to be sick like this and needs. I talk to him all the time, and call him from school just to hear him laughing. I know hes sick now but I want you to help fix him up, there are a lot of people in the world who will need his help. I really love him.

Please give him the strength and support and will power he needs to fight whats wrong so that he can go back to skating like any other kid should be. He needs all the help and support you can give him and I just hope that he feels your work in him and the effects of everyone who is praying for him to get better and come back with us.

Gods name
Amen

I don't care what god you believe in everyone knows what I wnat you to do, just think about this boy and help him by believing in him please. Hopefully with everyones help hell get better really quickly.

Love Andy

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Re: sadness  [message #20740 is a reply to message #20739] Fri, 07 May 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dmanLA is currently offline  dmanLA

Getting started

Hey Friend - I don't know exactly what it is that you're facing, but that really doesn't matter. Right now, you're the bravest person that I know. I'm sending so many healing thoughts and vibes from Los Angeles, I hope you can feel them. I'm so sorry you are having to face this, but..... after reading that letter from your friend.... someone loves you very much.

My best to you pal,
Peace,
Tom (davismanLA@netscape.net)
Re: sadness  [message #20741 is a reply to message #20739] Fri, 07 May 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
filosofical is currently offline  filosofical

Getting started

I'm concentrating you and your friend, Andy, and will be for the next several hours. Peace to you.

Here's a photo of the rainbow, taken near Winslow, Arizona. I seem to have "captured the moment." Try to do that, to, concentrating more on your joy of friendship than the pain of sadness.
Amen  [message #20743 is a reply to message #20739] Fri, 07 May 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I'll add my prayer... it's been a long time since I've prayed, but this is just as important to me as it is to you, Andy, as I'm sure you're aware..

Our most kind and gracious Heavenly Father,
I come to this to thee in humble prayer with hopefulness in my heart. Thou hast blessed me by allowing me to meet a wonderful new friend who has courage, wisdom and talent far beyond his years.

As thou knowest, at this time he is sick and trying his hardest to fight a battle against his sickness, with all the support from his friends and family and all the knowledge the doctors possess. I know that through thee, all things are made possible; old things are made anew, broken things become whole. If it be thy will, please help this wonderful boy to overcome his sickness, please help him to be able to have the normal life he desires so much.

Trials are a test of character and for our growth and learning, but thou wilt never suffer one of thy children to experience more than they can bare. I know he has the strength to go through this, his noble character is beyond questionable doubt. So now, with thy infinite atoning power and grace, please help him in his struggle lest the burden become unmanagable.

This I humbly beseech of thee,
In the name of my Lord and Saviour, who paid the price for the sins of all, even the Almighty Jesus Christ,
Amen.

With faith... all things are possible.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: sadness  [message #20744 is a reply to message #20739] Fri, 07 May 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pharos is currently offline  Pharos

Getting started

Problems are sent to us all, young and old.

The true character of a human being is shown by their strength of personality and compassion for others.

I truly hope that you quickly recover from your current situation and that you consider this to have been only a test of your resolve.

I hope that as you go through life you will remember how it has felt and that you will see your way to helping others overcome their problems in the future.

This has nothing to do with religion, race, or any other opinion or belief. It is simply a matter of being part of the great assemblage of humanity. the vast majority of whom are caring and feeling.

Good luck!
icon9.gif Re: sadness  [message #20746 is a reply to message #20739] Sat, 08 May 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brass Boots is currently offline  Brass Boots

Getting started

I hope your friend gets well soon. My prayers are with you. May his God watch over him and protect him. His will shall be done. Please pass on the good will to him. Let him know he is not alone and we all care about him and his health. May God watch over him and protect him

Regards,
Thom Lane (Brass Boots)
Re: sadness  [message #20747 is a reply to message #20746] Sat, 08 May 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

On Mondays, my partner Man usually makes an alms offering of food to the Buddhist monks passing on our street at dawn (which they do every day).

We always ask the monks for prayers for various friends and family who need them. This week, Andy's friend as well as Andy shall be among them.

Hopefully all this positive energy from all over the globe will be felt by your friend, Andy! Also by you too...cuz you're a GOOD friend!

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon9.gif Re: sadness  [message #20748 is a reply to message #20739] Sat, 08 May 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
almost2old is currently offline  almost2old

Getting started

I am always saddened when I hear of a young person getting sick. My thoughts are with him, and prayt that soon he will be up and about , driving people crazy with his unlimited energy.

Almost2old2 but still can
Re: sadness  [message #20749 is a reply to message #20739] Sat, 08 May 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Styopa is currently offline  Styopa

Toe is in the water

I believe in a Higher Power and count me in to pray and to think of your friend. (((Hugs)))

Blake's my boy.
icon3.gif Re: sadness  [message #20750 is a reply to message #20739] Sat, 08 May 2004 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

Unfortunately, I believe what will happen happens, but that doesn't change that I wish for your friend to get well as soon as possible.

I put a lot more faith in modern medicine and the ability of the human body to help itself to heal if the person wants to get well and is encouraged by others to do so, than in any deity...

Please let your friend know that I and many others are definitely hoping he will recover completely!

Take care Andy.
-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Re: sadness  [message #20751 is a reply to message #20739] Sat, 08 May 2004 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Banton is currently offline  Banton

Getting started

Please tell him to hang in there and keep fighting. Tell him to always remember that he is not alone in the world and there are people who care for him & wish him well.

So often times the big hearted, good and pure people get tested. However this is never without reason or plan, all test can be overcome with diligance & determination. Please don't give up, the world needs all the good guys it has and it certainly needs you and your love as well.

Keep fighting, don't loose hope, and shine your love onto the world for decades to come so that it may be a better world for having you in it.

Love, hugs, and support
- Banton
icon7.gif Re: sadness  [message #20752 is a reply to message #20739] Sat, 08 May 2004 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
electroken is currently offline  electroken

Likes it here

Hey Andy,
I am a geezer who has known about this place for a long time now. I saw the message about you from Iomfats and just had to reply. I sure will pray for you to get well and have a long life; and I also hope you feel the support you are getting from all of us. I feel fairly helpless and only be able to send this message to you trying to encourage you to have faith that things will work out ok. I hope it is enough. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I wish you well.
Ken

Ken
Re: sadness  [message #20753 is a reply to message #20739] Sat, 08 May 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin is currently offline  Benjamin

Getting started

I am sorry about your friend. I will send my parys to you from Dallas, Texas USA. Andy if you ever need anyone to talk to to help you with your fellings. I am alwas here. My email address is benjmainp@gmail.com email if you will like to talk Andy.
Re: sadness  [message #20754 is a reply to message #20739] Sun, 09 May 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashley is currently offline  ashley

Likes it here

Andy, I dont know if you remember me at all? I am Ashley Dawson and I am adding your friend to my long list of people I pray for. This one will be an extra long one for your friend and I am sure he will get better ok?

Ashley

People have a habit of changing your direction through life
icon6.gif Re: sadness  [message #20755 is a reply to message #20739] Sun, 09 May 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

My dear friends,

As the person charged with being both Sammy's teacher and guardian while he is here getting his treatments, I've had to be beside him to watch him go through terrible ordeals. I've had to wipe his eyes and hold him as he cries many times. I've held him as if he were my own child and cried with him.

But never like I have held him and cried with him after reading the incredible and amazing posts placed here by friends and strangers alike. I have often called this place Timmy has made a Lighthouse. If so, it is so much brighter tonight for all the candles adding their light that have come to wish Sammy a speedy recovery. This time that we cried together, it was because we were overcome with emotions too difficult to describe simply, and to powerful to give justice to with simple words.

As his Big Brother, I thank all of you on Sammy's behalf. Perhaps I'll be able to coax him into posting here as well, but for now know that your prayers, your thoughts, your outpouring of light and emotion, all of those are felt, heard, understood and deeply appreciated. Our Tyger isn't done fighting, by any means. And with such support and love as these beautiful prayers written here have generated, I can't see him failing. You have all given him back a strength that few possess in the first place, and for that, and for many other gifts I've received since just knowing Sammy, I thank God and all of you.

Andy & Saben, guys, I cannot express in words, nor in thought or deed, how much you mean to Sammy, and thus to me. Since he's met you two, he's become so dedicated to his own survival, but he hasn't lost that spark and generousity that we've all come to love and respect from him. I praise the day he met you both, and I pray that nothing ever separates you three.

I must go now. Sammy and his father have much to talk about and I must soldier on to work. For those who have read and haven't posted, you're prayers are felt as well. You're thoughts are appreciated as well. And though your voice may be silent, you are heard amongst a battalion of brothers, each lending their support to our Tyger.

With more appreciation and love than I knew even existed, keep the faith, and I shall cya on the other side, by Brothers. And thank you.
D'Artagnon

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
Re: sadness  [message #20756 is a reply to message #20755] Sun, 09 May 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

You're right, D. Right now it is so, so much brighter than I have felt it be in a long time, the light is a beacon and a warmth. I am so grateful to all of you that have posted your prayers and thoughts for Sammy, it means so much.

I was amazed by just how many people there really are here. Seeing all the people making their first post in this topic really hit me hard, right in the heart. To see there are so many people here that usually feel they don't want to or need to say anything; then to have so many of them here for the first time adding their well wishes, it really moves me deeply.

To everyone that has contributed or is yet to contribute (whether publically or just by a thought in your heart), thankyou, thankyou and a thousand times more, thankyou. Since meeting Sammy my entire world has been rocked to its foundations by his strength, love, wisdom and character. If anyone is deserving of your faith, your thoughts and your words, I really can say it is him. With all his strength and with all the hope and support you are all giving him, he can beat this, there is no question about it.

I really don't know what else to say- for once I actually find myself lost for words. I wish I could just share the emotion I'm feeling with all of you, because now I am so, so grateful, joyful and hopeful.

I guess in closing, just remember that this place is reciprocal, all of you are just as deserving of love and support. If ever you need help, please just share your pain or your thoughts so we can all try to help you as much as we can. With love and thanks and hope,
-Shem

PS. D'Artagnon, let our Tyger know that I'll be around online for him if he needs me. He's got rest to catch up on and he's gotta talk things through with his dad, I'm sure. Until Tuesday I'm work free, though, so let him know he's in my thoughts and I'll be here within easy reach.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
icon7.gif Just so you know......  [message #20757 is a reply to message #20739] Sun, 09 May 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Andy told me about Sammy. I can use his name now because his guardian has done so. I asked Andy to post a prayer here, and told him I would send that prayer far and wide. I beleive, you see, in whatever a prayer is, whether to a deity or to none, whether just a cry in the wilderness for help, or a full belief in a higher power.

I sent Andy's prayer on, and many people worldwide have read it. And reading it adds to the power of the thought and prayer, even if they do not believe.

Today is Sunday here. And in at least two churches that I know of there will be prayers for Sammy. That is just the ones I know of. Not that I have any particular belief in a church, but I have a belief in a concentration of thought.

I have added to churches where I can find a "request for prayer" list a personal request for a prayer.

Oh yes. I have also had some time chatting to Sammy online. He's rather nice. And he can have a hug or a cuddle from me any time he wants one, big bro to lil bro.

He has no need to post here. And he is welcome when and if he does.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Hey Guys (yes You and Sammy)  [message #20760 is a reply to message #20739] Sun, 09 May 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian! is currently offline  brian!

Likes it here

You know I try to call at least once a week to check on you and Sammy.

I listen to you tell how strong he is, and how much you wish you had his energy. Well, know that you are just as strong for everything you have undertaken. You've told me what Sammy is going through, and I can only imagine through your words.

You both are in my thoughts everyday.

Sammy, You mean alot to alot of people. I'm sorry it's not one of your friends on the phone when I call. I'll try to keep it short so you don't miss any. Take care of each other, and know that you've friends around the world.

Brian

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
icon9.gif Re: sadness  [message #20764 is a reply to message #20739] Sun, 09 May 2004 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xStinGer03x is currently offline  xStinGer03x

Getting started

Today is sunday and as i enter church your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers. No one deserves to suffer or be sick, no matter what kind of sickness...especially a young boy such as your friend. I lend him my strenght so he could get up and hang with friends again, I lend him my courage so he could face anything thrown at him with a smile, and last i lend my thoughts...for these thoughts of mine, he would know i'm thinking and praying for his fast recovery.

May this light i hold before me forever burn, for this signifies the strenght, the courage, and the minds that we all carry.
icon14.gif Re: sadness  [message #20769 is a reply to message #20739] Sun, 09 May 2004 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mike is currently offline  mike

Toe is in the water

For one who seldom posts messages I feel I must add my prayer and best wishes for your friends speedy recovery. Don't give up hope, it's always darkest before the dawn.

Best wishes and love, Mike

Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts or measure words
icon14.gif Re: sadness  [message #20771 is a reply to message #20739] Mon, 10 May 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
animeangel676 is currently offline  animeangel676

Getting started

Our best wishes and prayers are going out to Sammy. Its so wrong for someone as young as that to go through that kind of illness. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time and we hope for the best. My best friend told me about this earlier so this is from the both of us here in Texas.

Best wishes,

Michelle and Lynne
Re: For Sammy  [message #20772 is a reply to message #20739] Mon, 10 May 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ena is currently offline  Ena

Getting started

For Sammy, one of my favourite prayers:-

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference.

love
Ena:-)
It is time, I think, we changed the subject from Sadness  [message #20773 is a reply to message #20739] Mon, 10 May 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I was sad when I learnt from Andy and Sammy about Sammy's challenges. Who would not be sad? And yet over the past few days I have heard of so much goodwill passing to Sammy through here and through Andy and unspoken as well that I can no longer be sad. There is joy here. Not joy at Sammy's challenge, though there will be when he beats it, but joy in humanity, and the rallying behind one person that most do not even know.

There are "spare prayers" here, too, if you like. And those fill the bowl of others who need help.

So it isn't "joy" that i want to change the title to, but it is something pretty close.

It doesn't mean I will not weep when I hear of treatments endured with patience, but it means my tears will be different.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
I am starting to feel real warmth and joy  [message #20779 is a reply to message #20739] Mon, 10 May 2004 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I only know so little. And messages were not, themselves a part of it. yet the messages do help.

Most are private. What is here is but a small proportion of the number of wishes being sent by various routes to Sammy. Goodwill and posiitve thought from people who do not know even his name, and who he has touched are coming unspoken from as far afield as Moscow, Egypt, New Zealand. Worldwide prayer.

A band asked for a minute's thought during its set. How amazing is that.

God be with you Sammy. I'm holding your paw, Tyger.

icon3.gif There isn't a smiley that's smiling and crying......  [message #20781 is a reply to message #20739] Tue, 11 May 2004 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TygerBoiSammy is currently offline  TygerBoiSammy

Toe is in the water

I would like to personally thank everyone who read, responded, thought of, prayed, held time still a moment, or just in general took time to feel something about me after my Friends Andy and Shem put such beautiful words to use for me. And even though I did cry with Robby while reading all these wonderful words of encouragement and prayers from everyone, I still find myself just plain smiling, unable to comprehend that people I've never met >Feel< so much for me.

It's overwhelming. It's fantastic. It's wonderful. I thank every one of you. I'm not gonna give up either. With all of you backing me, I'll beat this thing. I swear it!

I'm so proud to call all of you friends. You rekindled my belief that people aren't totally dickheads. Thanx so much! May all the love you send my way return to you a billion fold.
I said that once too  [message #20785 is a reply to message #20781] Wed, 12 May 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Hi all ......

Much love to all.

I will not be able to see your reply, but I will feel it anyway.

Love,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Re: There isn't a smiley that's smiling and crying......  [message #20787 is a reply to message #20781] Wed, 12 May 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We couldn't find one! But heck, I know those tears. All you have to do now is to beat it. And you can. I have a picture in my head of you with sand between your toes and wind in your hair. Of course that's awkward while you're playing hockey! You get blisters from the sand!!

icon6.gif I know and they don't have the barfing smiliey here.....  [message #20792 is a reply to message #20781] Wed, 12 May 2004 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dmanLA is currently offline  dmanLA

Getting started

Hey Sport! 'Sup dude? Nice of you to post, that is so cool. Like I sed earlier, you are the bravest person I know right now. And I know it sux to be you right now..... but...... dude, you are DOIN' IT!!!

There are still dickheads out there in the world but, but there's some pretty great peoples mixed in and when the going gets rough.... the dickheads split and the really great ones come in to see you through.

You take care pal, I'm still sending all the good, healing vibes I know your way. N'kay?

Love and peace,
dmanLA or Tom
davismanLA@netscape.net

p.s. - here's a pic of me smilin' at YOU!!
  • Attachment: smile.JPG
    (Size: 2.24KB, Downloaded 339 times)
icon14.gif Re:Andy your the best  [message #20793 is a reply to message #20739] Wed, 12 May 2004 18:59 Go to previous message
sparks is currently offline  sparks

Toe is in the water

You betchya God hears your prayers and will answer them in kind.You are indeed a very special person.I have had the pleasure of reading your posts for some time.A kind word for everyone,never a cross word.I am sure that GOD hears you and the other awsome posters here.Your faith is an inspiration and means a lot to me.Live long and prosper. sparks
Previous Topic: Something funny
Next Topic: Resourceful Blackbird
Goto Forum: