A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Beauty pageant 2004?
icon4.gif Beauty pageant 2004?  [message #21084] Wed, 09 June 2004 02:30 Go to next message
toms is currently offline  toms

Likes it here

If anyone fondly remembers last summer's highly successful "Hot 20" beauty pageant, we crowned Kevin Zegers the winner in a hotly (and we mean hotly!) contested race. Anyone up for another pageant for the summer of '04?

(Timmy, last summer you mentioned that with a little more warning, you'd be able to arrange electronic nominations for the pageant, rather than just plain e-mail. Do you think that is still possible?)

-Tom Wink

"Whatever is sought for can be caught, you know,
whatever is neglected slips away."
Oedipus Rex, lines 126-127
Re: Beauty pageant 2004?  [message #21086 is a reply to message #21084] Wed, 09 June 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

That sounds like a lot of fun, and I am in favor of some fun around here! Let's do it!

Of course, that's easy for me to say, since it wouldn't be any work on my part other than to nominate cuties.

So if the worker people have the time and inclination, I'd be grateful and tip my hat in their direction!

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
Re: Beauty pageant 2004?  [message #21099 is a reply to message #21084] Wed, 09 June 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'll ask Megaman! He's the king here.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon14.gif Re: Beauty pageant 2004?  [message #21124 is a reply to message #21084] Fri, 11 June 2004 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian! is currently offline  brian!

Likes it here

Hey Tom,

I forgot about that. I think everyone enjoyed participating.

(I've a few in mind for this year)

Hope this is a go, hope it becomes a yearly thing.

Thanks for the reminder.

Brian

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
Re: Beauty pageant 2004?  [message #21125 is a reply to message #21084] Fri, 11 June 2004 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

OK, it will run like last year. Sorry tom, but we just need to do it that way. megaman has mega uni commitments.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon12.gif YEAH!! (starts looking for photos)  [message #21127 is a reply to message #21125] Fri, 11 June 2004 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

No Message Body

That's cool  [message #21133 is a reply to message #21125] Sat, 12 June 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

No Message Body

Ergh...  [message #21134 is a reply to message #21125] Sat, 12 June 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

I meant to write a message with that last post. Ah, well.

What I meant to say was I have time on my hands now that's summer's here, so I'm cool with last year's method. Megaman shouldn't have to do everything around here, he's already provided us with enough. Cool

Anyhow, if you could send me an e-mail reminding me of the e-mail address and password and such and how to access it, that would be wonderful. I can't seem to remember it call from last year.

-Tom Wink

re: beauty pageant 2004  [message #21168 is a reply to message #21134] Wed, 16 June 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joesdog is currently offline  joesdog

Likes it here

Confused and befuddled as usual.....
for those of us who are newbies and didn't know about this place last year, could you post an overview of the rules, Tim? it sounds like fun, and i'd love to participate...

"I promise not to try not to fuck with your mind/ I promise not to mind if you go your way and i go mine/promise not to lie if i'm looking you right in your eye/promise not to try not to let you down."
--Eve6
re: beauty pageant 2004  [message #21169 is a reply to message #21168] Wed, 16 June 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

As soon as we're ready it will be announced bigtime on the site Smile

Re: Beauty pageant 2004?  [message #21196 is a reply to message #21084] Fri, 18 June 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

You can count me in, Tom. That was indeed a lot of fun last year.

As for Megaman, I don't think it's possible to thank him enough for all the energy and expertise he gives to make this place possible.

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
re: beauty pageant 2004  [message #21596 is a reply to message #21169] Sat, 17 July 2004 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Thought I would bring this back to the top and ask if we're really going to have one??

wow is been a year already........  [message #21597 is a reply to message #21196] Sat, 17 July 2004 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M is currently offline  M

Likes it here

feels like yesturday when i summitting pictures for the contest. Time sure does pass.

You don't love someone because they are beautiful, they are beautiful because you love them.
Re: Beauty pageant 2004?  [message #21610 is a reply to message #21084] Sun, 18 July 2004 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

we just haven't had time to create it. Megaman and I are a little tied up workwise at present. Plus we have a major project we're going to launch that is not really linked to this site, and spare time is going into the programming.

I promise to tellyou all what it is. Some of you have been very kind and acted as focus groups for parts of it, too, whcih I've appreciated. Don;t worry, I'll ask others about other parts as well. Just can't ask everyone about everything

icon3.gif A suggestion regarding the late, and lamented ...  [message #22261 is a reply to message #21084] Fri, 17 September 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... Beauty Pageant 2004.

Having seen nothing further about this in some while now, I thought it perhaps politic to maybe suggest renaming this seminal event the Beauty Pageant 2004 "Autumn Edition", seeming as how the Summer version never seemed to get off the ground. That of course would pave the way for 20005's to be entitled the "Winter Edition" and 2006's the "Spring Edition".

What say you all?

I'd get to use those "nomination" pix I've been hanging on to for some months now, and that would be a good thing too!

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
icon7.gif Hi y'all  [message #22262 is a reply to message #22261] Fri, 17 September 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

So good to see you all again. I have so many stories that I could share (college and the previous summer...and they involve boys, too!) but it's much too late for them right now. However, I'll briefly say that tonight...

I MET TERESA HEINZ KERRY! Ahem, sorry. I just love her so much that I had to say it. I even wrote an English paper about her this week (which I ironically submitted today), and she wanted to see it. I could've kicked myself and died. But no fear -- she gave me an e-mail address to send it to! I just e-mailed her the paper right now. Omg, I hope she likes it.

Anyway, I'm really getting off-topic. Thank you Warren for bringing up the subject of the beauty pageant once again. I very much enjoyed running the '03 pageant, and I look forward to what might become an '04 one. However, I will have to bow out of running it, now that I've started college. Summer would've been ideal, but unfortunately the moment passed us by. I still hope that the project will get off the ground soon, though.

It's very refreshing to be back! When I get a few free moments, I'll sit down and type up all the exciting things that have been going down in the past few months. Miss all of you horribly. Smile

-Tom Wink

Re: A suggestion regarding the late, and lamented ...  [message #22264 is a reply to message #22261] Fri, 17 September 2004 06:16 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

we ran out of time, megaman and I.

Previous Topic: A Hello to all my friends
Next Topic: YIM blue last night?
Goto Forum: