A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > denial
denial  [message #22285] Sun, 19 September 2004 09:06 Go to next message
trick is currently offline  trick

Getting started

hi being the new guy on the forum i just wondered if anyone
else spent as long as me trying to tell themselves they
were not gay (20yrs) im now 32 & only been true to myself
for approx 1yr or is nobody else that useless.dickle
Re: denial  [message #22286 is a reply to message #22285] Sun, 19 September 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Well I managed to deny it until I was 48 if that helps Smile

I "knew I liked boys" but I "Wasn't gay".

Welcome aboard.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: denial  [message #22287 is a reply to message #22285] Sun, 19 September 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blue is currently offline  blue

Likes it here

Congrats, dickle, you made it out of the closet a little sooner than I did. I started coming out a few weeks ago, and I'm just a few years older.

That :censored: closet was too confining after a while, and way too lonely.

I'm still getting comfortable with the new me and still have a lot of coming out to do. But I already like this me a lot better than the old me.

I am grateful for the friends who've shown themselves to be truer friends than I could have imagined, by supporting me.

Not all my friends or family will accept this, when I tell them. I will miss having them in my life, and I'm sorry for them, that they won't accept the real me, or people like me.

BUT -- I will have my whole life ahead of me.

I am so impressed by the courage shown by out teens. I am also impressed by their family and friends who support them. What a great gift.

~Blue
Re: denial  [message #22288 is a reply to message #22285] Sun, 19 September 2004 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian! is currently offline  brian!

Likes it here

Your not the only one, it was a little over 2 years
ago for me to accept it. What a relief of stress
not fighting with yourself any longer. Biggest hurdle
after that is telling anyone about yourself.

Brian

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
Re: denial  [message #22289 is a reply to message #22285] Sun, 19 September 2004 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

I've only dared come out to myself since early retirement and now I'm only out to this website. I certainly could not come out to my social circle, especially after the odd remarks I hear. I came out through my stories and feel more at ease with myself. I'm not sure this is an encouraging post unfortunately. Good luck to you, dickle.
Hugs
Nigel:-O

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: denial  [message #22309 is a reply to message #22285] Wed, 22 September 2004 15:33 Go to previous message
joesdog is currently offline  joesdog

Likes it here

Being true to yourself for a year after denying it for 20 is cause for celebration, not calling oneself useless. Welcome home, buddy.

cheers!

aj

"I promise not to try not to fuck with your mind/ I promise not to mind if you go your way and i go mine/promise not to lie if i'm looking you right in your eye/promise not to try not to let you down."
--Eve6
Previous Topic: thanks
Next Topic: Reporting for duty *salute*
Goto Forum: