A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > smith....
smith....  [message #22487] Mon, 11 October 2004 20:45 Go to next message
SkylorWriter is currently offline  SkylorWriter

Toe is in the water

You never cease to amaze me, your stories always hit a spot in my heart that makes me tear up... You're a beatiful writer. Thank you.

Time is lifes currency, spend it well.
Re: smith....  [message #22488 is a reply to message #22487] Mon, 11 October 2004 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trick is currently offline  trick

Getting started

yeah me too i aint shed a tear in 20 years (not a good thing) but your writing always gets me so close one day your gonna pierce them defences & wreck me,i look forward to it keep writing your an inspiration.dickle
icon7.gif Re: smith....A Totally Iced Dude !  [message #22491 is a reply to message #22487] Mon, 11 October 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John_W is currently offline  John_W

Getting started

Yea, this kid is truly talented. He makes me laugh and he can make me cry.

John
icon14.gif Re: smith....  [message #22492 is a reply to message #22487] Tue, 12 October 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ena is currently offline  Ena

Getting started

That's another great piece of work.

I especially like the poem and the interpretation of it.

Erh.. I've never hear of Aeschylus, the poet Confused?? Is the poet a fictional or real charcater? If yes, what's the title of the poem?

Ena

Skylor wrote:
> You never cease to amaze me, your stories always hit a spot in my heart that makes me tear up... You're a beatiful writer. Thank you.
Re: smith....  [message #22493 is a reply to message #22492] Tue, 12 October 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SkylorWriter is currently offline  SkylorWriter

Toe is in the water

Yes, I am very curious myself.

Time is lifes currency, spend it well.
icon7.gif Re: smith....  [message #22494 is a reply to message #22487] Tue, 12 October 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pyro is currently offline  Pyro

Toe is in the water

Yes it was beautiful, thankyou. Smile

Pyro.

Do what you love, changing the world is incidental.
totaly real dude  [message #22496 is a reply to message #22493] Tue, 12 October 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pyro is currently offline  Pyro

Toe is in the water

yeah there actualy was a real Aeschylus, he wrote tradegdies in around 500 BC. take a look, http://www.imagi-nation.com/moonstruck/clsc3.htm

pyro.

Do what you love, changing the world is incidental.
oh yeah  [message #22503 is a reply to message #22496] Tue, 12 October 2004 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rodneygabe is currently offline  rodneygabe

Likes it here

i remember, especially, reading agamemnon and prometheus bound, with parts of a few others, in college. it's some good stuff. i think i'll go find my old notes on it. i recommend both.

"more tongue and groove than a hardwood floor"
Re: smith....  [message #22510 is a reply to message #22487] Tue, 12 October 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blue is currently offline  blue

Likes it here

I've read almost nothing beyond English and French lit., aside from an excerpt or two. I haven't gotten myself to read the Iliad or Aeneid yet, but will.

smith's "Iced Dude," very good, made me laugh a lot and gave me some serious things to think on too. My hair has never been blue, but well, I've gotta appreciate the color (grin). It just proves again smith's got way more talent and brains than anyone would expect.

Recently, I heard one of the teens tell our youth minister she shouldn't get "all defrosted" (lose her cool). OK, so I'm not sure if "defrosted" is trendy now, but I thought it was too great to forget. "Iced," huh? I like it. I grew up with 80's slang. :shrugs: Why, when I was your age, we walked ten miles through the snow.... (J/K, what snow, in this weather? LOL)

Hmm. I hit a snag in "Just Hit Send - The College Years" and I now have a little time to get myself to read past the snag. Not sure if it was the dad or the guys' suddenly bumpy relationship that caused the snag for me. -- Gotta finish it, though. Too good not to.
Re: smith....  [message #22526 is a reply to message #22510] Thu, 14 October 2004 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joesdog is currently offline  joesdog

Likes it here

My snag in "just hit send" was the incredibly unprofessional behavior of the physical therapist and that no-one called him on it at the clinic. But i gritted my teeth and read on...and i'm glad i did.

BTW, smith--I HATE you for the cliffhanger in the last chapter of "Dreamcatchers"!! Wink

"I promise not to try not to fuck with your mind/ I promise not to mind if you go your way and i go mine/promise not to lie if i'm looking you right in your eye/promise not to try not to let you down."
--Eve6
Re: smith....  [message #22527 is a reply to message #22526] Thu, 14 October 2004 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

that therapist was VERY good at concealing his behaviours from his peers. And he did a good job overall. Even if he lacked professionalism

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon7.gif If you were mad about the cliffhanger, you should probably  [message #22531 is a reply to message #22526] Thu, 14 October 2004 23:52 Go to previous message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

read the new chapter which has just been posted.

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Previous Topic: a new game
Next Topic: OMYGOD I NEARLY DIED
Goto Forum: