A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Admiral's Son
Admiral's Son  [message #22877] Sat, 13 November 2004 11:11 Go to next message
joesdog is currently offline  joesdog

Likes it here

Just read the new piece by Chris Milligan...interesting, no? what did y'all think?

cheers!

aj

"I promise not to try not to fuck with your mind/ I promise not to mind if you go your way and i go mine/promise not to lie if i'm looking you right in your eye/promise not to try not to let you down."
--Eve6
Re: Admiral's Son  [message #22890 is a reply to message #22877] Sun, 14 November 2004 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The answer from me is "Very different, and I enjoyed it"

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Admiral's Son  [message #22901 is a reply to message #22890] Mon, 15 November 2004 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tBP is currently offline  tBP

Likes it here

i hope not to give offence by saying the piece was at the same time imaginative rubbish but also sheer brilliance.

Odi et amo: quare id faciam, fortasse requiris.
Nescio, set fieri sentio et excrucior
Re: Admiral's Son  [message #22908 is a reply to message #22901] Mon, 15 November 2004 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Well, THAT was a definitive reply!Sad) Sad)

"I promise not to try not to fuck with your mind/ I promise not to mind if you go your way and i go mine/promise not to lie if i'm looking you right in your eye/promise not to try not to let you down."
--Eve6
Re: Admiral's Son  [message #22909 is a reply to message #22908] Mon, 15 November 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eothain is currently offline  Eothain

Likes it here

Well that has to be the wierdest thing I've ever read... It was good, if a bit wierd. Though to be perfectly honest, it was perhaps a bit too fast paced for me and I didn't have a clue what was going on for much of the story.
Re: Admiral's Son  [message #22934 is a reply to message #22909] Thu, 18 November 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Hey eothain--I'm thinking the same thing. Too much going on that was way unexplained. I definitely enjoyed certain aspects of it...I'm still a kid enough to be fascinated by all the military toys and such...but i was befuddled most of the time in the story.

--Eve6
Re: Admiral's Son  [message #22940 is a reply to message #22934] Fri, 19 November 2004 01:59 Go to previous message
trick is currently offline  trick

Getting started

well it confused the hell out of me but i enjoyed
every word of it.dickle
Previous Topic: That was the definition. This is the morality
Next Topic: "Sacred Innocence" - An Idea 4 a Tale!
Goto Forum: