A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > lets play a little game hmm?
lets play a little game hmm?  [message #23377] Fri, 14 January 2005 01:07 Go to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

I'll start. You pick your favorite song well ok, I pick my favorite song So I'm picking Massive Attacks A Prayer for England. (In honor of all of our English folk who chill ont he wrong side of the sea) *pokes Timmy* But then you need to come up with an artist and a song that matches the last letter of the artist and the last letter of the song. sound fair?

Massive attack-- a Prayer for england.
SO next has to start with K and the song start with D Go get it alrighties!

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Re: lets play a little game hmm?  [message #23378 is a reply to message #23377] Fri, 14 January 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

ok, how about "Kansas--'Dust in the Wind'"?

Not the happiest song ever written, perhpaps, but I always liked it...

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
yes, I'm replying to my own reply  [message #23379 is a reply to message #23378] Fri, 14 January 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

...so to make things a little less "gloomy" (and with Andy's permission!), how about continuing this game with one of the happiest songs of all time (and another of my all-time favorites): "Johnny Nash--'I Can See Clearly Now'"

So that leaves a double challengs: a song with artist beginning with "s" and title beginning with "d", and a song with artist beginning with "h" and title beginning with "w". Smile

Cesare Pavese
Re: yes, I'm replying to my own reply  [message #23380 is a reply to message #23379] Fri, 14 January 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

OK, I'll go for it. I saw this band when I was a student. They were famed for having a stripper. http://www.kadu.demon.co.uk/pages/hawkjoke.html Lord she should never have taken her clothes off! Not a true favourite, but I like the lyrics:

Hawkwind

Warrior on the Edge of Time

http://www.hawkwind.com/lyr/woteot.htm

They played a gig at our students union. I looked after a lot of sound and lighting and "stuff" so always got into gigs free. And I watched part of the gig from directy above the stripper, within the stage area.

So, now a band starting with a D and a song with an E

[Updated on: Fri, 14 January 2005 10:11]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Here's one you've prolly never heard of  [message #23381 is a reply to message #23380] Fri, 14 January 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Artist D and song E.

Donald Peers was a British pop idol about 50 years ago!!!! (No one said anything about "when".) One of his songs was "Enjoy Yourself". (And I don't mind if I do, thank you.)

Next in line: Artist S and song F.

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: Here's one you've prolly never heard of  [message #23382 is a reply to message #23381] Fri, 14 January 2005 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eothain is currently offline  Eothain

Likes it here

Artist S and song F.

Sagat was apparenlty an American male raper in the early 90s who only released two songs, apparently. Of them, one of them are called Funk Dat (hurrah for Guiness World Records British Hit Singles!)

Next in line: Artist T and song T!
A fabulous band  [message #23383 is a reply to message #23382] Fri, 14 January 2005 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joesdog is currently offline  joesdog

Likes it here

One of my favorite bands of all time, and a pretty good song, though not their best...but it does fulfill the requirement.

Third Eye Blind--"Thanks A Lot"

the next will be a D band and a T song....

"I promise not to try not to fuck with your mind/ I promise not to mind if you go your way and i go mine/promise not to lie if i'm looking you right in your eye/promise not to try not to let you down."
--Eve6
Re: A fabulous band  [message #23385 is a reply to message #23383] Fri, 14 January 2005 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Death Cab for cutie, one of my favorite bands ever! Transatlanticism is the song (also the album name. It just so happens that it is also what is currently in my sterio

Re: A fabulous band  [message #23386 is a reply to message #23385] Fri, 14 January 2005 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tBP is currently offline  tBP

Likes it here

i make that a b and a t.

so, Bonnie Tyler, Total Eclipse of the Heart, one of my new fav songs, and a big thank you to the author of "turn around, bright eyes" (smith) for both the story, and the song whose lyrics its incorporates

next one, band R and song T

Odi et amo: quare id faciam, fortasse requiris.
Nescio, set fieri sentio et excrucior
Re: A fabulous band  [message #23387 is a reply to message #23386] Fri, 14 January 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I'll take this one too I am in a good mood today.

Band is radiohead and song is tree fingers from Kid A

Next is D and S

Re: A fabulous band  [message #23388 is a reply to message #23387] Fri, 14 January 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

OK: "D"="Donovan" and "S"="Sunshine Superman" (for those of you born after 1966, I kid you not!).

So I guess that now makes it "N" and "N" (how about that!).

Cesare Pavese
Saw this one and had to use it!  [message #23389 is a reply to message #23388] Fri, 14 January 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eothain is currently offline  Eothain

Likes it here

Artist and Song both being N, I found in my amazing archive...

Ned's Atomic Dustbin!!!

With a song called Not Sleeping Around.

So, artist N and song D for the next (ever so lucky) person!
Re: Saw this one and had to use it!  [message #23395 is a reply to message #23389] Sat, 15 January 2005 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trick is currently offline  trick

Getting started

had to work the brain for this one
nickelback & detangler from the album
curb. k & r next
Re: Saw this one and had to use it!  [message #23396 is a reply to message #23395] Sat, 15 January 2005 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shawn is currently offline  Shawn

Toe is in the water

K is for Kiss, R is for Rock N Roll All Nite. Great song, great group.
Re: Saw this one and had to use it!  [message #23397 is a reply to message #23396] Sat, 15 January 2005 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

sorry....that makes S and E next.
Re: Saw this one and had to use it!  [message #23401 is a reply to message #23396] Sun, 16 January 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Sting - Evrey Breath You Take

so G and E

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
this is kinda fun...  [message #23416 is a reply to message #23401] Mon, 17 January 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Googoo Dolls, "Em Elbmuh"....so, S and H....

"I promise not to try not to fuck with your mind/ I promise not to mind if you go your way and i go mine/promise not to lie if i'm looking you right in your eye/promise not to try not to let you down."
--Eve6
Re: this is kinda fun...  [message #23440 is a reply to message #23416] Thu, 20 January 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pyro is currently offline  Pyro

Toe is in the water

S & H huh? hmmmmm... too bad it wasn't S & W, i have a great one for that (Smashmouth 'walking on the sun') i have lots of cheery happy songs but the only S & H i have is, Simon and Garfunkle 'Homeward bound' So i guess it's E and D now. Wink

Do what you love, changing the world is incidental.
Re: this is kinda fun...  [message #23441 is a reply to message #23440] Thu, 20 January 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

This was a tough one...had to do a little searching.. this is what I found.
Eurythmics - 1984 Doubleplusgood. So that makes S and D.
Re: this is kinda fun...  [message #23442 is a reply to message #23441] Thu, 20 January 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

S and D? at last an easy one! lol

S Club 7 - Don't Stop Movin'

which makes it ummm 7 and ' so good luck!!!

perhaps in the event that no one thinks of that you could accept n from seven and g instead of ' for moving... lol

Re: lets play a little game hmm?  [message #23443 is a reply to message #23377] Thu, 20 January 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

And the left margin beckons!

Nirvana: Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip - a 1993 track!

so A and P

Re: lets play a little game hmm?  [message #23458 is a reply to message #23443] Thu, 20 January 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pyro is currently offline  Pyro

Toe is in the water

Okay this was a tricky one so i ran to my Friend Clayton for help and from his collection of country music he found, Alan Jackson 'Pop a top' (it's not such a bad song, if you like country, and i don't mind country but i was hopping to find something by Annie Lennox, or Ace of Base, or even ABBA but alas i couldn't.)

So N and P now.

Do what you love, changing the world is incidental.
Re:I love this guy's music  [message #23459 is a reply to message #23458] Fri, 21 January 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

Neil Sedaka, Pray for Rain so that's a A and N right?
Re:I love this guy's music  [message #23460 is a reply to message #23459] Fri, 21 January 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Aerosmith "Never loved a Girl" How appropriate!

H and L

Re:That was a great pick  [message #23461 is a reply to message #23460] Fri, 21 January 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

I don't think I could come up with something as appropriate so I'll go with this,

Heart, Little Queen Smile so that's T and N
Re:That was a great pick  [message #23462 is a reply to message #23461] Fri, 21 January 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trick is currently offline  trick

Getting started

brain is'nt working as usual so it will
have to be take that & never forget
so thats t & t good luck
Re:That was a great pick  [message #23465 is a reply to message #23462] Fri, 21 January 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Since i did the last 'T N T', i figured, for the sake of symetry, i better do this one as well:

Toad The Wet Sprocket--"Throw It All Away"

so i make that a 't' and a 'y'

cheers,

aj

--Eve6
Re:That was a great pick  [message #23489 is a reply to message #23465] Sun, 23 January 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The Mamas and the Papas: You Baby

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/the_mamas_and_the_papas/you_baby.html

So, S and Y

Re:That was a great pick  [message #23500 is a reply to message #23489] Mon, 24 January 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

SuReal, You Take My Breath Away

so, L and Y

icon14.gif Re: lets play a little game hmm?  [message #23507 is a reply to message #23377] Mon, 24 January 2005 18:35 Go to previous message
rodneygabe is currently offline  rodneygabe

Likes it here

BLIND MELON'S "GALAXY"

Very Happy

"more tongue and groove than a hardwood floor"
Previous Topic: Man fined for pinching policeman's bottom
Next Topic: depression
Goto Forum: