A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > spooky
spooky  [message #32055] Fri, 12 May 2006 23:11 Go to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Irs awful spooky walking these enpty hall. Wonder if some flesh eatting alien got everybody?

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: spooky  [message #32057 is a reply to message #32055] Sat, 13 May 2006 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It's always gone in cycles. Odd really. Smile

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Just to get something going....  [message #32058 is a reply to message #32055] Sat, 13 May 2006 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

If the words grey and gray are pronounced the same and can be used interchangably, why can't I be gey instead of gay?

Or can I?

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Yikes! There's a boy at the window ...  [message #32059 is a reply to message #32055] Sat, 13 May 2006 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

... and he's got awfully long canine teeth. And how's he hanging there, twenty feet above the ground? I'll just go over and ask him ........ AAAAaaaarrrrggghh. (Coughs up blood and collapses on floor.)

Did you ever see the film 'The Lost Boys'? I'm really rather fond of vampires!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Nah, that's out of the question ...  [message #32060 is a reply to message #32058] Sat, 13 May 2006 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... 'gey' is already taken - It's a dialect word from North-West England, meaning 'very'. The North-West (Cumbria and North Lancashire) has more dialect words than any other area of the British Isles - largely due to the fact that the population were (and are) a mix of Celtic, Viking and Anglo-Saxon. There's even a village in Cumbria called Torpenhow (but pronounced Trepenna); the name literally means 'Hill-Hill-Hill' in the language of three successive lots of invaders!

Hence a customary greeting in the region:

Hoo'sta gaan on? (How are you getting along?)

Aa's geyly thrang! (I'm very busy!)

So you'll just have to be content with being gay!

Let's all have a gay day - hey?

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Yikes! There's a boy at the window ...  [message #32061 is a reply to message #32059] Sat, 13 May 2006 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Ok Grandfather you found me out. Now you can live forever like David did for Lastate.

Yep saw the movie, it was good. I love all of the vampire books by Ann Rice. How many people are aware that all her vampires were gay. David worked for the illuminati and Lastate was in love with him. In the tale of the Body snatcher David is finally made a vampire and goes off with Lastate to South America.

Strangely enough ...  [message #32062 is a reply to message #32061] Sat, 13 May 2006 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... although vampire tales are generally associated with Transylvania and Romania, there are quite a few which originate in the English/Scottish Border Counties. Let's face it, why do I only post during the hours of darkness? (Gives evil chuckle and flies off in search of blood!)

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Strangely enough ...  [message #32064 is a reply to message #32062] Sat, 13 May 2006 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I dont want to be just an everyday vampire and suck necks. I do it diff. I bite butts ;-D

Re: Strangely enough ...  [message #32065 is a reply to message #32062] Sat, 13 May 2006 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Thought I was gonna say something else didnt yah?

Umm, yeah ...  [message #32066 is a reply to message #32065] Sat, 13 May 2006 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

You must be a pretty thick vampire - the blood supply's much better around the front!

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Nah, that's out of the question ...  [message #32083 is a reply to message #32060] Sun, 14 May 2006 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

So, one can be gey gay?
You surely can ....  [message #32086 is a reply to message #32083] Sun, 14 May 2006 23:02 Go to previous message

On fire!

.... in fact, I recommend it!

For a' that an' a' that,
Previous Topic: An interesting question - - Why would/should we care?
Next Topic: Random pics
Goto Forum: