A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Elivators (lifts)
icon5.gif Elivators (lifts)  [message #32146] Fri, 19 May 2006 21:18 Go to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Why is it that people waiting for an elevator, when the door opens will rush in without letting the people already on get off first. I almost became a greasy spot on the carpet twice today.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: Elivators (lifts)  [message #32147 is a reply to message #32146] Fri, 19 May 2006 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Try getting on a subway car in NYC......

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Elevators (lifts)  [message #32149 is a reply to message #32146] Fri, 19 May 2006 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Take the stairs! Take the stairs! It's the healthy option.

Or you could acquire a poison-tipped umbrella. Or a cricket bat.

You could do what I do, and carry a large, hot cup of coffee around with you. If someone jostles you, make sure it goes down their front. They won't do it again.

David
Re: Elevators (lifts)  [message #32150 is a reply to message #32149] Sat, 20 May 2006 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

How devious, I love it

I though you were short and skinny ....  [message #32152 is a reply to message #32150] Sat, 20 May 2006 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

.... doesn't that make elevator travel interesting - even when you've forgotten your poison-tipped umbrella? Think of all those attractive male nipples at head-height ......

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Re: I though you were short and skinny ....  [message #32159 is a reply to message #32152] Sat, 20 May 2006 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Hey, I could always offer to lick the coffee of their chest. LOL Come to think of it, if I got the coffee all over Deeej I could offer to..................................;-D

Geez, Brian ...  [message #32172 is a reply to message #32159] Sun, 21 May 2006 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... if expressions of affection entitle me to one malt, that post must be worth half-a-bottle! Do be careful - Woking is widely known as a den of vice and wickedness!

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Geez, Brian ...  [message #32175 is a reply to message #32172] Sun, 21 May 2006 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

hummmmmm, a den of vice and wickedness. Could be interesting.

Ahem  [message #32178 is a reply to message #32172] Sun, 21 May 2006 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Woking? Woking?

Ugh, Woking, home of grey concrete office blocks, shopping centres, train stations, car parks, traffic lights... and not much else.

Good thing I don't live in Woking, then!

(Though the vice and wickedness bit sounds interesting... where do I find that?)

Deeej, proud to live more than 6 miles from Woking
Spilt coffee  [message #32180 is a reply to message #32159] Sun, 21 May 2006 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Brian:
>Come to think of it, if I got the coffee all over Deeej I could offer to..................................

Buy me one?

Wash my shirt for me?

Lend me your handkerchief?

Berate me for taking the lift when I could have taken the stairs?

Hmmmmmm. Just what could you be thinking of? Smile

Deeeej
Re: Spilt coffee  [message #32193 is a reply to message #32180] Mon, 22 May 2006 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Actually I would make sure I spilt the coffee on your pants. I would graciously offer to take you home and wash your cloths and give yo a bath.

Re: Spilt coffee  [message #32194 is a reply to message #32193] Mon, 22 May 2006 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Brian1407a wrote:

Actually I would make sure I spilt the coffee on your pants. I would graciously offer to take you home and wash your clothes and give you a bath.

Pardon me for interfering, but I think a shower would better serve the purpose.

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: Spilt coffee  [message #32195 is a reply to message #32194] Mon, 22 May 2006 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

You are absolutely right, thank you

Hey, Brian ...  [message #32196 is a reply to message #32195] Mon, 22 May 2006 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... JFR didn't mean TOGETHER (at least, I don't think he did .....)

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Hey, Brian ...  [message #32197 is a reply to message #32196] Mon, 22 May 2006 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

cossie wrote:

... JFR didn't mean TOGETHER (at least, I don't think he did .....)

Honi soit qui mal y pense! Sad)

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: Spilt coffee  [message #32198 is a reply to message #32193] Mon, 22 May 2006 10:40 Go to previous message

Needs to get a life!

My dear fellow, you are too kind.

Hang on! If there's one place I would rather not have hot coffee spilt it is my pants -- either my underpants (that's what pants refer to in the UK) or otherwise!

David
Previous Topic: I was wondering?
Next Topic: Spammers
Goto Forum: