A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Domestic Warnings
Domestic Warnings  [message #32569] Sun, 04 June 2006 21:32 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Nevr, ever, pour milk too fast into a bowl of grape nuts. The outcome is a bowl containing nether cereal nor milk, and a lot of floor mopping.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Domestic Warnings  [message #32570 is a reply to message #32569] Sun, 04 June 2006 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kupuna is currently offline  kupuna

Really getting into it

Personal experience? Recently?
Re: Domestic Warnings  [message #32571 is a reply to message #32570] Sun, 04 June 2006 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

yup!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Domestic Warnings  [message #32573 is a reply to message #32569] Sun, 04 June 2006 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

that's one advantage of porridge (of which I have just had a large bowlful - the ultimate late-night comfort food!): it does stay where its put.

Unfortunately, this includes sticking to the saucepan, wooden spoon, etc ...

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Domestic Warnings  [message #32574 is a reply to message #32569] Sun, 04 June 2006 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pimple is currently offline  pimple

Likes it here

Greetings Boss

Not to sound elitists, but yet another good reason to use cream - smaller pitcher and greater viscosity - less likelihood of a spill. (and if you do, the cats will fight you tooth and nail to clean your mess up!)

Regards
Simon

Joy Peace and Tranquility

Joyceility
Re: Domestic Warnings  [message #32593 is a reply to message #32573] Mon, 05 June 2006 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kupuna is currently offline  kupuna

Really getting into it

Teflon is the solution, for porridge and for the atom bomb.
Ah, Grape Nuts!  [message #32594 is a reply to message #32569] Mon, 05 June 2006 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Cereal of the Gods!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape_Nuts

It looks like they are made by a different company in America (Post, not Kraft). Can anyone who has tasted them in both the UK and America vouch for them being the same?

Oddly enough, I have never, ever seen an advert for them in the UK. So I've always considered them sort of old-fashioned.

David
Re: Ah, Grape Nuts!  [message #32595 is a reply to message #32594] Mon, 05 June 2006 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

Post is owned by Kraft. They are the same product.

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Ah, Grape Nuts!  [message #32596 is a reply to message #32595] Mon, 05 June 2006 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Kraft and General Foods merged to become Kraft General Foods International.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: Ah, Grape Nuts!  [message #32626 is a reply to message #32594] Tue, 06 June 2006 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

I make it a basic principle never to have any milk around when I grope nuts.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Ah, Grape Nuts!  [message #32630 is a reply to message #32594] Tue, 06 June 2006 21:10 Go to previous message
electroken is currently offline  electroken

Likes it here

I have never been to the UK but I hope that I might get the chance some time to do that...............I will try them when I am there to see if they are the same as in the USA. I know grape nuts as a granular cereal that I used to like to eat because it took it a long time to soak up milk and become soggy. It took a lot of chewing though and I would be left sometimes picking it out of my teeth. I dont eat it much now because I have this bad habit of putting tons of sugar on it and I have to watch out for that now. This stuff is not to be confused with grape nuts flakes which is much like raisin bran without the raisins in it.
Now I probably have all my British friends all confused.

Ken
Previous Topic: Latter Days
Next Topic: marraige ammendment
Goto Forum: