A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Men!
Men!  [message #32986] Tue, 20 June 2006 23:04 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Men look sexiest.....

Men look sexiest wearing (choose up to 3 answers):

Nothing (naked)
Speedos
Shorts
Topless
Trousers/Pants
Business Suit
Business Casual
School Uniform (role play)
In Drag (just clothes)
In Drag (Full Drag Queen)
Jeans and Wifebeater
Jeans and work shirt and boots
Tux/Dinner Jacket
Underwear
'Clubbing' outfit
Full National Dress (eg Kilts)
MIlitary Uniform

Current Results

There are bound to be other options, but who cares?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Men!  [message #32987 is a reply to message #32986] Tue, 20 June 2006 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

What on earth is a wifebeater? Sounds... er... like something you'd carry around if you were having marital difficulties.

Personally, I'm happiest when people are wearing those clothes that are most appropriate to them. Casual, smart, whatever. Perhaps reasonably tight if appropriate to the figure, but not naked or even semi-naked. Some things are best left to the imagination. Not sure what options would best suit that.

David

P.S. Timmy, is there any way you could set your polling page to say "Thank you for your vote" once you've voted? For some reason, I just get a blank page, though I think the vote still goes through.
Re: Men!  [message #32988 is a reply to message #32987] Wed, 21 June 2006 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Deeej wrote:
> What on earth is a wifebeater? Sounds... er... like something you'd carry around if you were having marital difficulties.
>

You realy need to get out once in a while......

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Men!  [message #32990 is a reply to message #32986] Wed, 21 June 2006 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

I think we had something like this befor. I believe there is nothing sexier than a good looking guy in a pair of white briefs. Sure makes my tongue drag the floor.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: Men!  [message #32991 is a reply to message #32987] Wed, 21 June 2006 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Like Deeej, I've only a very faint idea what a wifebeater is ... a quick look at my favorite image search engines suggests its basically similar to what in the UK would be a vest.

I ticked the "... and wifebeater" box cos there wasn't one for skintight 501s and skintight T, but I basically agree that guys look best in what they feel good in. However, I think just about everyone looks good in a properly-fitted dinner jacket (or formal dress of their culture - kilts, anyone?).

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
It all depends on the man ...  [message #32992 is a reply to message #32986] Wed, 21 June 2006 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

I'd go for speedos or underwear, but I can think of a few guys who would look pretty nausea-inducing in either!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Kilts?  [message #32993 is a reply to message #32991] Wed, 21 June 2006 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Only if worn by a member of a kilt-wearing regiment, while doing a handstand!

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: It all depends on the man ...  [message #32994 is a reply to message #32992] Wed, 21 June 2006 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

cossie wrote:
> I'd go for speedos or underwear, but I can think of a few guys who would look pretty nausea-inducing in either!

That'll be me then - I put on a half-kilo a week for the first 12 weeks since I stopped smoking ... an extra 10% of body weight (and nearly 3 inches) straight to the stommach! Thank goodness for summer: I'm living on fruit and salad and very slowly returning to a more acceptable figure.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Men!  [message #32995 is a reply to message #32987] Wed, 21 June 2006 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

Deeej wrote:
> What on earth is a wifebeater?

wife beater (noun) 1. tank-style underwear shirts. Origin: based on the stereotype that physically abusive husbands wear that particular style of undershirt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wifebeater_(slang)

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
It IS a very slow process ...  [message #32996 is a reply to message #32994] Wed, 21 June 2006 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... I gave up smoking nineteen years ago, and I still haven't managed to shed the extra weight!

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: It all depends on the man ...  [message #32997 is a reply to message #32992] Wed, 21 June 2006 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Malt, making guys look good for 800 years

Ooh, bitchy ...  [message #32999 is a reply to message #32997] Wed, 21 June 2006 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... I'll have you know that malt whisky is an excellent preservative!

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Ooh, bitchy ...  [message #33000 is a reply to message #32999] Wed, 21 June 2006 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Gee Grandfather, how old are you really?

Hmm ...  [message #33001 is a reply to message #33000] Wed, 21 June 2006 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... Two thousand, four hundred and ninety seven - but don't tell anybody!

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Hmm ...  [message #33002 is a reply to message #33001] Wed, 21 June 2006 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Why, your still a spring chicken

Re: Men!  [message #33003 is a reply to message #32986] Wed, 21 June 2006 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

So actually voting for up to three was too hard? 35 views and rising, but one vite! Good lord!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Men!  [message #33005 is a reply to message #33003] Wed, 21 June 2006 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

What is a "vite"

I lost the "V" section of the Timmese Collegiate Ccompendium Of Obscure English Language.......

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Men! - getting results  [message #33013 is a reply to message #33003] Wed, 21 June 2006 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

timmy wrote:
> 35 views and rising, but one vite! Good lord!

I voted last night, but have "viewed" a couple of times in order to get to the "results" to see how others have voted. S'okay, next time I'm gona bookmark the results page at http://iomfats.org/polls/poll.php?poll_id=56 !

Re: Men! - getting results  [message #33014 is a reply to message #33013] Wed, 21 June 2006 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jedediah is currently offline  Jedediah

Likes it here

Where's the box to vote for "All of the above" ?

Well, except for "drag" - yuck!

You can keep the other options - too soft & squishy.

Cheers

E Te Atua tukuna mai ki au te Mauri tauki te tango i nga mea
Re: Men! - getting results  [message #33015 is a reply to message #33014] Wed, 21 June 2006 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

The drag question is interesting. Thats a man who likes to dress up like a woman and also act a woman. If I found that attractive and desirable, I WOULDNT BE GAY.

Re: Men! - getting results  [message #33022 is a reply to message #33014] Wed, 21 June 2006 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

hahahahahah. No "all of the above" Just any three.

Re: Ooh, bitchy ...  [message #33029 is a reply to message #32999] Wed, 21 June 2006 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kupuna is currently offline  kupuna

Really getting into it

Wasn't Admiral Horatio Nelson preserved in a barrel of rum after the battle of Trafalgar? Didn't they have any whisky for him?
Good God! ....  [message #33041 is a reply to message #33029] Thu, 22 June 2006 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... do you really think we'd export our national treasure to the ENGLISH????

For a' that an' a' that,
Yay! Speedos rule, OK!!!!! ....  [message #33042 is a reply to message #32986] Thu, 22 June 2006 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

.... that is, of course, if you are tasteful and discerning!

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Good God! ....  [message #33046 is a reply to message #33041] Thu, 22 June 2006 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I cannot argue with you there, I suppose..
(drowning myself in a bottle from Craigellachie).
Re: Hmm ...  [message #33049 is a reply to message #33002] Thu, 22 June 2006 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Spring chicken?
You know that rooster with a southern accent, running around shouting "I say! I say!" and "Son, I said Son..!"
;-D
Re: Hmm ...  [message #33050 is a reply to message #33049] Thu, 22 June 2006 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Wasnt that some cartoon they had back in the stone ages?;-D

Re: Hmm ...  [message #33051 is a reply to message #33050] Thu, 22 June 2006 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Funny!
It was in the golden age!
Cool
Re: Hmm ...  [message #33052 is a reply to message #33051] Thu, 22 June 2006 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Golden age? Hummmmmmm. Wasnt that in the time of Jason and the argonauts?

Re: Hmm ...  [message #33054 is a reply to message #33052] Thu, 22 June 2006 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

He wasn't real, you know. Those days the word "real" meant "real" and not some tv show, and people like Jurij Gagarin, Neil Armstrong, JFK and Martin Luther King jr. were real! Smile
Re: Good God! ....  [message #33055 is a reply to message #33041] Thu, 22 June 2006 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Cossie, they already did - you're in England aren't you?

Cheers

Hey, Jedediah ...  [message #33069 is a reply to message #33055] Fri, 23 June 2006 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... I never let silly little things like facts mess up a good post! Besides, I have my supply delivered direct from the distillery in a 4000-gallon tanker. It comes on the first Monday of the month, regular as clockwork!

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Hey, Cossie...  [message #33078 is a reply to message #33069] Fri, 23 June 2006 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

I wasn't actually thinking of the whisky.

Cheers

Well really, Jedediah ...  [message #33109 is a reply to message #33078] Sat, 24 June 2006 01:10 Go to previous message

On fire!

I wasn't exported - I simply succumbed to repeated blandishments from the English, who were desperate for a bit of quality in the North-East. Oh, and of course there was always the money!

For a' that an' a' that,
Previous Topic: List of most-used words shows we've plenty of time
Next Topic: interesting question
Goto Forum: