A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Interesting day
Interesting day  [message #36462] Wed, 04 October 2006 01:05 Go to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Our Band was invited to the grand opening of the Shimilhorn Concert hall today. It was really awsome. It is state of the art. They had the best acoustic engineers from all over the world working on it. you can whisper on the stage and hear it all the way in the back very clearly. We got to meet the members of the orchistra and I got to hold and play a Stratovarious violin. Broke everybody up when I started playing "Fire on the Mountain" My violin is good, I have a johannsen, but that violin was like nothing I have ever heard. It finally dawned on me that I was playing barn dance music on one of the finist instuments ever made. I finally decided to put it down befor I broke something. It was a good day and the concert hall is beautiful. they put a lot of time and money into it. In case anyone would actually like to know the hall was named after the conductor who passed away just befor it was completed.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Fire on the Mountain?  [message #36464 is a reply to message #36462] Wed, 04 October 2006 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

What was wrong with playing something REALLY good, like 'Flower of Scotland' or 'Scotland the Brave'?

Still - glad you had a good day!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Re: Fire on the Mountain?  [message #36471 is a reply to message #36464] Wed, 04 October 2006 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Next time I get my hands on a Stratovarious I promise I will play "Flower of Scotland". Ill look up the sheet music for "Scotland the Brave"

Mmmm ...  [message #36475 is a reply to message #36471] Wed, 04 October 2006 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... I might just possibly forgive you, then!

[Updated on: Wed, 04 October 2006 02:47]

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Interesting day  [message #36478 is a reply to message #36462] Wed, 04 October 2006 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

I happy you had a great day

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Re: Fire on the Mountain?  [message #36479 is a reply to message #36471] Wed, 04 October 2006 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

Pheww. I thought you had really s**t in your nest there.
But it looks like all's well again

Aussie
Re: Interesting day  [message #36490 is a reply to message #36462] Wed, 04 October 2006 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Hi Brian,

That sounds really exciting. I have never had a chance to play a wonderful rare instrument (you don't find many wonderful rare pianos) but even so, I find it exciting to play decent concert grands when I have the chance (I very rarely have the chance).

Oh, and don't listen to Cossie: try 'Rule Britannia' or 'Jerusalem' or 'Land of Hope and Glory' instead!

David

[Updated on: Wed, 04 October 2006 09:19]

Brian, ignore this rubbish!  [message #36591 is a reply to message #36490] Thu, 05 October 2006 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Concentrate on REAL music, like 'Westering Home', 'Mormond Braes', 'The Bonnie Lass o' Fyvie' and 'The Dark Island'!

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Brian, ignore this rubbish!  [message #36607 is a reply to message #36591] Thu, 05 October 2006 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Isnt that a "Bonnie Lad of Fyvie"?

Well ...  [message #36653 is a reply to message #36607] Fri, 06 October 2006 02:09 Go to previous message

On fire!

... if it was a lad, his name was Peggy.

Somehow "and his name, he was called pretty Peggy - O!" doesn't sound quite right!

For a' that an' a' that,
Previous Topic: Love Poem (yet again^^ =P) by ~Josh~
Next Topic: Do Not Masturbate During Ramadan!
Goto Forum: