A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I had an awesome day! (but)
I had an awesome day! (but)  [message #36723] Sat, 07 October 2006 23:19 Go to next message
brian! is currently offline  brian!

Likes it here

I got trained to be a yard driver at work. It involves using a yard truck to move 53 foot trailers and smaller around the property when the computer tells us to. I passed all the tests, and even got to go at it alone for an hour. The other drivers thought I was going to keep going after quitting time.

It was so awesome, I've always wanted to do it, and now I'm trained in it.

And now for the (but)

I got home and was almost instantly depressed. First thought to cross my mind was that I have nobody here waiting for me to be excited with. Still feeling low as I type this.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, here are a couple pics.

Brian

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
Sounds fun!  [message #36725 is a reply to message #36723] Sun, 08 October 2006 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

It's like playing with toy trucks on a grand scale - not really work at all!

And there's every chance - statistically - that the guy of your dreams is out there, and that means that every day brings your meeting closer. In the meantime, enjoy playing with the trucks!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Re: I had an awesome day! (but)  [message #36727 is a reply to message #36723] Sun, 08 October 2006 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Brian, I know what the loneliness is. I fought it for a long time and a couple of times I almost gave in to the depression. I found this place and found I had friends and even family. Were here and we will always listen and be proud of you. Smile and be happy with your accomplishments. Were real and were here to listen, when your happy were happy, when your hurting were hurting with you. Huggssssss

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: I had an awesome day! (but)  [message #36839 is a reply to message #36723] Wed, 11 October 2006 11:39 Go to previous message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

How you doing buddy. still having fun playing with your big toy trucks r we? give us an update.

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Previous Topic: Cossie Your Great
Next Topic: Just got home a few hours ago....
Goto Forum: