A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Braveheart
Braveheart  [message #36791] Tue, 10 October 2006 05:33 Go to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

I just finnished watching a History channel special on Wallace (Braveheart) and the show was really interesting. They took pains to separate the real man from the legend but they didnt lessen him as a worrior and "The Defender of Scotland". The movie had you believe that he was a poor peasant who went after the english cause they killed his wife. Actually he was an aristocrate whose family were landed (land owners) and were wealthy. He was educated at a monistary. That his wife was killed is true and he did go and take revenge. In taking revenge he brought down a heavily fortified Stockade and burnt it to the ground. His action at Stirling Bridge drove the English from Scottish soil. He did what no Englishman thought anyone would do. The English thought he would wait on them to cross the bridge and then regroup befor doing proper battle. He let half the English army cross the bridge (they could only come accross at best three abreast) then hit them hard. The ones that wernt killed by the sword drowned trying to cross back over the bridge when it collapsed.

I really liked the movie Braveheart, which was mostly legend, but even the real life Wallace earned the title "Defender of Scotland". the show was really good and I liked the pics of the old castles, some were really awsome.

Well I got to get to bed, school in the morning. Night everybody, sleep well.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: Braveheart  [message #36792 is a reply to message #36791] Tue, 10 October 2006 06:41 Go to previous message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Brian, you will make your Grandfather Cossie really proud.

JFR

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Previous Topic: Jason
Next Topic: Homophobia alert
Goto Forum: