A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Any one note
icon4.gif Any one note  [message #37108] Mon, 16 October 2006 05:58 Go to next message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

Any one else notic that http://www.talesfromastream.co.uk is down.

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Re: Any one note  [message #37109 is a reply to message #37108] Mon, 16 October 2006 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It does ping, but it doesn't render a web page at present. Not a whole lot we can do from here.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Any one note  [message #37110 is a reply to message #37109] Mon, 16 October 2006 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

What’s been going on Timmy have not talked to u in a while.

So say what you want
Re: Any one note  [message #37112 is a reply to message #37110] Mon, 16 October 2006 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Smile what on earth are you still doing awake?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Any one note  [message #37115 is a reply to message #37112] Mon, 16 October 2006 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

can't sleep its only 1:54 am here going to the gym in 2 hours

So say what you want
Re: Any one note  [message #37116 is a reply to message #37115] Mon, 16 October 2006 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Just listing to the rain outside

So say what you want
Re: Any one note  [message #37121 is a reply to message #37115] Mon, 16 October 2006 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

Meeting anyone in particular?

Aussie

Ps got my second wind, just had my old farts nap
Re: Any one note  [message #37123 is a reply to message #37121] Mon, 16 October 2006 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

No you old fart. LOL

but y u ask.

So say what you want
Re: Any one note  [message #37127 is a reply to message #37123] Mon, 16 October 2006 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Just interested in your wellbeing
Aussie::-)
Re: Any one note  [message #37137 is a reply to message #37127] Mon, 16 October 2006 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Oh did i tell u all that the guy that has been pissing me off at work is gay.

So say what you want
Re: Any one note  [message #37139 is a reply to message #37137] Mon, 16 October 2006 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Well it's just his ploy to get your attention, Any attention is better than no attention at all.
Quit playing so bloody hard to get.

Aussie
Re: Any one note  [message #37141 is a reply to message #37139] Mon, 16 October 2006 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

already have my sights set on some one

So say what you want
It's been replaced by ...  [message #37183 is a reply to message #37108] Tue, 17 October 2006 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

... http://www.screeve.org/index.shtml . 'Three Tears' runs to Chapter 21 (2 ahead of what Timmy has at present). I don't know what's going on, though - this is just the result of my meandering enquiries!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Re: It's been replaced by ...  [message #37185 is a reply to message #37183] Tue, 17 October 2006 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Kind of weird. David does not seem to keep in touch, much

He was grateful for the initial exposure, and then went kind of quiet.

talesfromastream redirects to screeve. I'll email him

Re: It's been replaced by ...  [message #37206 is a reply to message #37185] Tue, 17 October 2006 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Screeve is currently offline  Screeve

Getting started

Thought I might let you all know what's been going on. I tend to fall off the face of the earth sometimes, especially when things aren't going too well, and I've only recently felt things get back to normal. Hell, I must be feeling better to even contemplate posting to a forum.

If you want to know where I've been then read my latest two Vignettes 'Skin to Steal' and 'A Worthless Existance'. (The titles themselves give it away.) I wouldn't dare have the impertinence to call them poems.

I am currently undergoing a series of injections to try and keep my Crohn's Disease under control (it's the same drug they give to cancer patients so my brother calls it chemotherapy - which I suppose it is, but in a lower dose). My next dose is tomorrow and it tends to leave me drained for a few days. The more I talk about it the more I learn that others are affected by the problem, either themselves or family and friends. In a strange way it has made me feel better that I am not alone.

Anyway, I am feeling much better now and have started tinkering on my computer again. I decided to re-brand the site to Screeve, don't ask me why but I think it sounds more punchy. It also helped keep my mind focused.

Sorry to ramble on and as I'm new to this I have no idea the etiquette of a first time poster, so I apologise in advance.

Thanks
DavidH

Life can be endured or enjoyed
Re: It's been replaced by ...  [message #37207 is a reply to message #37206] Tue, 17 October 2006 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Don't be just read cossies post some r short books.

But I love your stories all of them I have read most of them 3 or more times.

and by the way if u ever need to talk just post or e-mail or IM.

So say what you want
Re: It's been replaced by ...  [message #37216 is a reply to message #37206] Tue, 17 October 2006 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

i dont think there is any real etiqette here other than be nice to each other and help each other. Got a question ask, Got a story to tell tell it, Got a complaint complain. Moderation is retroactive here and thats neat, but Ive only seen 2 post taken down, and Timmy always explains why.

And not to forget "WELCOME!

[Updated on: Tue, 17 October 2006 18:30]

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Hello!  [message #37217 is a reply to message #37206] Tue, 17 October 2006 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Hi David,

It's nice to have another David here. Welcome!

There's no particular etiquette here. People post all sorts of things; they don't have to be confined to any particular subject.

David
Re: Hello!  [message #37219 is a reply to message #37217] Tue, 17 October 2006 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Thanks you lot.

Just a stupid question. What does the burning folder mean at the top of the thread mean?
DavidH

Re: Hello!  [message #37220 is a reply to message #37219] Tue, 17 October 2006 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

it means it's a hot Topic

So say what you want
Re: Hello!  [message #37221 is a reply to message #37220] Tue, 17 October 2006 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Hot or not.... the topic had 10 replies or more.......

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Hi, David!  [message #37240 is a reply to message #37221] Wed, 18 October 2006 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

As the guy responsible for getting you into the fine mess of being hosted at this site, I'm absolutely delighted to see you posting.

Jay (I'll spank him for his rudeness about short books!) and Brian, of whom I am very proud, are absolutely right. This is a very friendly, no pressure forum. OK, we have been known to shout a bit at times, but we always stay friends, and we really do care about each other. You are very welcome here, and I hope very much that you will stay, even if you don't post regularly. I love your stories, mostly because they are so 'ordinary' and credible that it becomes very easy to identify with your characters - and that, of course, is why I recommended them to Timmy.

Oh, and don't be put off by my anti-Welsh rantings in other threads! In a professional capacity I had to deal with the worst kind of Welsh Nationalists, and it got up my nose so far that I developed a bump on the head! But it's the politics of nationalism that I dislike, and I already have quite a few long-standing Welsh friends. I hope that you will, in time, become one of them!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
icon12.gif Re: Hi, David!  [message #37249 is a reply to message #37240] Wed, 18 October 2006 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Loved your comment that my stories are 'ordinary' http://forum.iomfats.org/w-agora/images/icons/topic_wink.gif
topic_wink.gif but I know what you mean. I like to make them believable and not flights of fantasy.

I agree with you about nationalism, in an ever expanding europe, borders are no barrier and laws are becoming universal. It is national identity which is important. As for me, I identify myself as Welsh-English-Irish-British-European, I am a true mongrol of the UK (although I don't think there is any scottish in me - and to date there still hasn't been) Oh, stop me now, it's too early in the morning for double entendres.

Re: It's been replaced by ...  [message #37250 is a reply to message #37206] Wed, 18 October 2006 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Rambling's fine. Spend some time here, too, you may like the oddballs we all are Smile

Will you still keep the old domain name and will your old email still work?

I know you have a horrid ailment, is kind of why I don't get worried when you vanish for a while Smile

Re: Hi, David!  [message #37252 is a reply to message #37249] Wed, 18 October 2006 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

David Heulfryn wrote:

>I am a true mongrol<

Do you come from Outer Mongrolia or Inner Mongrolia?

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Hi, David!  [message #37254 is a reply to message #37252] Wed, 18 October 2006 09:34 Go to previous message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

David Heulfryn wrote: I am a true mongrol

Nigel wrote:

Do you come from Outer Mongrolia or Inner Mongrolia?

Nigel, I think he's an "innie". Wink

Hi, David! Nice to have you here. I know that Crohn's disease can be horrible. I have a cousin who has it, but she seems able to lead a more or less normal life. Hope you do too.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Previous Topic: Invitation
Next Topic: I so sad!
Goto Forum: