A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~
Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37645] Wed, 25 October 2006 13:23 Go to next message
Josh is currently offline  Josh

On fire!

Look to the Moon,
When the sun is ever bright,
Look to the Moon,
Take some sunlight,

Look to the Moon,
Be careful on your way,
Look to the Moon,
Before you go, I ask you to stay...

Stay with me,
Stay with me tonight,
Right by your side,
I'll be right there with you tonight

Look to the Moon,
be careful on your way
Look to the Moon,
Cause tomorrow is a brighter day...

-Chorus-

And even tho,
The road is long,
Yes even tho,
Your heart belongs
To someone else, you want to scream and shout,
Even tho your heart is yearning,
to give to me a special meaning,
Look to the Moon,
Cause tomorrow I'll be there,
Waiting for you,
Waiting for you...

Look down the road,
And take another glance,
Look down the road,
Take another chance,

And you will see,
A different direction
And you will know,
that you are part,
part of a generation..

-Repeat Chorus-

Look to the Moon,
Cause tomorrow is a brigher day..
Look to the Moon,
In your heart, forever I will stay,

So stay with Me..

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37646 is a reply to message #37645] Wed, 25 October 2006 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

Who is it by.

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37648 is a reply to message #37646] Wed, 25 October 2006 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

i wrote it^^

so its by me^^ *hugs*

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37654 is a reply to message #37648] Wed, 25 October 2006 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Its good I liked it.

So say what you want
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37656 is a reply to message #37645] Wed, 25 October 2006 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

How can you look to the Moon and be simultaneously there (at the side of a loved one) and yet not (s/he is waiting for you)? What does the Moon represent and why is the loved one there? Why would you look during the day when the Moon can only rarely be seen during the day?

Can you give a little context to make the metaphor work, Josh?

Thanks,

David

[Updated on: Wed, 25 October 2006 20:39]

Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37657 is a reply to message #37656] Wed, 25 October 2006 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I have seen the mood during the day before.

So say what you want
?  [message #37658 is a reply to message #37657] Wed, 25 October 2006 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 25 October 2006 20:43]

Re: ?  [message #37659 is a reply to message #37658] Wed, 25 October 2006 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Sorry,
I have seen the Moon before during the day.

So say what you want
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37661 is a reply to message #37656] Wed, 25 October 2006 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Look to the Moon from a window, by the side of a loved one.

The Moon is the home of the loved ones, and the loved one is there waiting for him/her.

Look to the Moon just before the moon sets into the day, knowing there will be a brighter day ahead.

--

Does that help you at all?

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37662 is a reply to message #37661] Wed, 25 October 2006 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Still a bit confused. If the loved one is at one's side, then how can the loved one also be on the Moon? Why does one need the Moon as a substitute if one already has the person that one is looking for?

It may work if the Moon has a commonly-accepted metaphorical significance that I've overlooked, but I am not aware of one, except where it represents a place that one cannot go except in one's mind.

David
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37666 is a reply to message #37662] Wed, 25 October 2006 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

hm.

now you got me confused. lol

lol.

whatever you think is best.^^

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37667 is a reply to message #37666] Wed, 25 October 2006 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Look to a star, because somewhere out in the world, the one who will love you is lookiing at the same star.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37673 is a reply to message #37667] Wed, 25 October 2006 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

That's a lovely idea, Brian, but I'm not convinced it's in the original poem! However, if that's what Josh meant then I am happy to accept it.

David
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37678 is a reply to message #37673] Wed, 25 October 2006 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Deeej, I think what Josh might be saying is: Stand at a window with your love beside you, look into the moon and you will see your love reflected there.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37684 is a reply to message #37678] Wed, 25 October 2006 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Maybe -- poetry doesn't make a lot of sense to me at the best of times!

David
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37696 is a reply to message #37684] Thu, 26 October 2006 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

Its's called poetic licence. In a poem the words don't have to necessarily make sense. Some of it is symbolic and the moon conjours up ideas of romance as it has done for time immemorial.
The reason that poetry doesn't mean much to you is that it just doesn't lend itself to scientific evaluation.

In Josh's case it is allowing him to bring his emotions to the surface and express them.

Aussie
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37707 is a reply to message #37696] Thu, 26 October 2006 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Aussie said,
>The reason that poetry doesn't mean much to you is that it just doesn't lend itself to scientific evaluation.

I think that is questionable. I don't mean scientific evaluation -- science is almost irrelevant to the imagination -- but certainly the greatest poetry can be subject to logical evaluation. Each concept makes sense within a larger whole, or represents a metaphor that enhances those ideas. At first glance, a piece of poetry may not seem to make much sense to me, but after I have read it a few times -- maybe asked someone else if it's really impenetrable -- the meaning usually pops out. It didn't in this case, which is why I asked for further information.

To be honest, in my parent post I was just trying to pass off the subject lightly -- I was not looking for a debate!

David
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37708 is a reply to message #37707] Thu, 26 October 2006 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

meow^^

i got a lot of comments. yay^^

im glad you all have taken an interest in the song i wrote.

Aussie and Brian both have awesome ideas for what my song could mean. So thanks for that.

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37727 is a reply to message #37708] Thu, 26 October 2006 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I am too modest to accept that anything I said was awesome but I will agree in relation to Brian's interpretation. I really liked it.
Aussie
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37737 is a reply to message #37727] Fri, 27 October 2006 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

thanks Aussie.

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37740 is a reply to message #37737] Fri, 27 October 2006 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Josh, FYI It's 12:15 pm where I am and I have just been looking at the sky. It is a beautiful cloudless day and I can see the moon clearly. It's enough to make me burst forth with some poetry......on second thoughts I think I would rather leave it up to you.
edit( this is wierd but I have just read your poem again and realise I was doing exactly what you say in the 1st verse, getting some sunlight)
Aussie

[Updated on: Fri, 27 October 2006 02:35]

Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37762 is a reply to message #37740] Fri, 27 October 2006 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

wow!

i didnt know it was 12:15 PM where you were. thats awesome^^ i'll just HAVE to write another poem/song/whatever i write, and post it here for you^^

*hugs*

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37869 is a reply to message #37762] Sun, 29 October 2006 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Hi Josh, I hope you are keeping a record of your poems in a book. They will be great to look back on in 5, 10 or 20 years time.

Here's the moon as I saw it this afternoon.
Aussie
  • Attachment: Oct29$38.JPG
    (Size: 12.73KB, Downloaded 303 times)
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37879 is a reply to message #37869] Sun, 29 October 2006 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

i keep all my poems on verious websites^^ so they'll stay on the internet forever^^

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37880 is a reply to message #37879] Sun, 29 October 2006 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

That's assuming that the web sites stay up forever...

Web sites have a way of vanishing after two or three years. This site has been around longer than most. Even where the site stays up indefinitely, archive material tends to get lost.

David

[Updated on: Sun, 29 October 2006 15:10]

Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37896 is a reply to message #37879] Sun, 29 October 2006 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Deeej is correct. Do not rely on the web to look after your work for you.
It will very easily vanish. If you keep it on your own computer print out copies and keep in a folder. If your hard drive crashes you may not be able to recover them from there either ie lost forever.

Aussie
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37930 is a reply to message #37896] Sun, 29 October 2006 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

even if my hard drive does crash someday, i'll always have the ability to write new poems^^ so its not really a big deal^^

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37931 is a reply to message #37880] Sun, 29 October 2006 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Josh, ask Timmy if he'll put them in Poetry Corner for you.

Higs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37932 is a reply to message #37930] Sun, 29 October 2006 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I have to disagree with you!! Your poems are a snapshot of a particular moment in your life, and you will probably not be able to rewrite them again as they were. True you will be able to come up with new ones but it is not the same. To me it would be as bad as losing your family photos in a house fire.
Preferrably you should keep a printed copy in 2 or more different places
Listen to your elders because even tho we are no longer 16 and know everything we do at least know something (well hopefully)

Aussie ::-)
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #37985 is a reply to message #37932] Mon, 30 October 2006 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

meow^^

but as long as i can remember the specific moments in my life, i will be able to rewrite them^^

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #38024 is a reply to message #37985] Mon, 30 October 2006 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Grrrrrrroooooowwwwwwllllll.

I just knew you would know you know everything, you know.

I give up.

Aussie
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #38043 is a reply to message #38024] Tue, 31 October 2006 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

awww. Ausie's mad. ^^

cute.

btw. if you all want to go check out my new poems, they'll be here:

http://pyroshadow18.deviantart.com/

go look if you all want to.^^

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #38049 is a reply to message #38043] Tue, 31 October 2006 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Don't worry, I've been mad for years..

purrr..purrr..purrr

Aussie Wink
Re: Look to the Moon, by ~Josh~  [message #38051 is a reply to message #38024] Tue, 31 October 2006 02:45 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

Are you feeling ok? I thought I felt a long speech on the topic. I guess that I am losing the gift.Sad

Sorry hijacking the thread. I have noted both you and Cossie have not done one of you all long post in awhile.

Jay:)

So say what you want
Previous Topic: removal of posts
Next Topic: Worthy of thought
Goto Forum: