A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Bizarre question
Bizarre question  [message #37682] Wed, 25 October 2006 23:28 Go to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

I've said I was obsessional -- I have a really peculiar question that's been bugging me all day, and I wonder if anyone can help.

I found this music file on my computer and I have no idea where it came from. It's almost certainly film music; it also sounds like John Williams to me. From it's nature I assume it's from a children's or 'family' film. I found it in a directory with some other music from Jurassic Park, but I don't think it's anything to do with that film.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm sure I've heard it before somewhere, and indeed from time to time I'm convinced it's on the tip of my tongue -- but I've been unable to find any detail I can google about it, so it remains a mystery.

The piece mixes several themes, so you'll need to listen to the whole thing -- the second half is much more distinctive than the first. The first few moments could be from almost any film.

If anyone could tell me what it is from I would be very grateful. It's an itch I can't find any way to scratch, so to speak, even though there's nothing special about the music itself.

http://www.davidjoy.org/unknown.mp3

David
Re: Bizarre question  [message #37685 is a reply to message #37682] Wed, 25 October 2006 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

All I can think of is something sea based. Then it changes to happy skippy springtime country.

If anyone can solve this, Ron can

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Bizarre question  [message #37686 is a reply to message #37682] Wed, 25 October 2006 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently online  NW

On fire!

Sorry, I don't recognise it. Other than it sounding vaguely Disneyoid or, as you put it rather more politely, "From it's nature I assume it's from a children's or 'family' film ".

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Bizarre question  [message #37687 is a reply to message #37682] Wed, 25 October 2006 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Twords the end it has a kind of French Can Can sound. This is a wild guess "Around the world In 80 days" The new Jackie Chann movie.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
The answer(?)  [message #37688 is a reply to message #37685] Thu, 26 October 2006 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

I think I've solved it -- I'm 99.9% sure it's from Indiana Jones (by John Williams), and is named "Indy's First Adventure". I haven't managed to find exactly the same recording, but it sounds like it's the same piece.

It's a pity it doesn't have the Indiana Jones theme in it somewhere. That would have been a very obvious clue.

David

[Updated on: Thu, 26 October 2006 00:05]

Re: Bizarre question  [message #37689 is a reply to message #37686] Thu, 26 October 2006 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

It sounds very John Williams, and it is from a children's/family film (though not actually Disney).

I'm pretty sure it's from Indiana Jones (see my reply to Timmy). I came across the track entirely by accident -- I was clicking around any John Williams music I could find on my hard disk without any realistic expectations of success.

David
Re: Bizarre question  [message #37691 is a reply to message #37687] Thu, 26 October 2006 00:14 Go to previous message

Needs to get a life!

It seems to mix many different styles, and this made positive identification difficult. At times I thought it must be from a cartoon or animated film; in some parts a slapstick comedy (Home Alone?); at other times it sounded very much like ET; in parts it has a sort of Eastern sound to it; there were also elements of thriller and fantasy as in Jurassic Park and Harry Potter. Presumably it is because John Williams has a very distinctive sound, has composed for all of those genres (including those four films I mentioned), and Indiana Jones mixes several of them.

David

[Updated on: Thu, 26 October 2006 00:16]

Previous Topic: Silly wayto spend a day ...
Next Topic: I'm an uncle again
Goto Forum: