A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I can be such a girl some times...
I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37851] Sun, 29 October 2006 06:00 Go to next message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

Had to go shopping for my Aaron tha his name. take a look.
  • Attachment: DSC00222.JPG
    (Size: 139.65KB, Downloaded 329 times)

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37853 is a reply to message #37851] Sun, 29 October 2006 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Jay,

Is that from the "Build a bear" shop?

Very cool bear,

Teddy

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37854 is a reply to message #37853] Sun, 29 October 2006 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Not the bear but the cloths are.

Thanks. He is soooooo soft.

So say what you want
Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37855 is a reply to message #37854] Sun, 29 October 2006 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Yeah, I have a large, soft, cuddly lion with mane and everything that I love to hold when I'm feeling down and alone, or even when I'm just sitting around reading or something.

Hugs,

Teddy

[Updated on: Sun, 29 October 2006 06:27]

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37856 is a reply to message #37855] Sun, 29 October 2006 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Oh, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad because you have your bear. If you like him, that's all that matters Very Happy

Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37862 is a reply to message #37851] Sun, 29 October 2006 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

Every bear seems to have a character of its own, almost a personality, and your bear is no exception. My daughter has quite a collection.
I watched some bears being made at the Build a Bear shop at Disneyland and watcched a kid finish his and put its heart in. I found it to be quite a moving experience. Almost as if the bear had just been born and came to life.
Actually I have one that the family bought for me because they reckon it looks like me (a bit woolly looking and grumpy)
Laugh if you like

Aussie
  • Attachment: bear.JPG
    (Size: 65.63KB, Downloaded 337 times)
Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37882 is a reply to message #37862] Sun, 29 October 2006 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

No laughter from me, Aussie.

I'm a firm believer in everyone having their own stuffed animal, whatever he/she/it looks like. Something for the inner child to love and cuddle. Very theraputic.

Awesome Bear, Aussie.

Teddy

[Updated on: Sun, 29 October 2006 18:09]

Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37887 is a reply to message #37851] Sun, 29 October 2006 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I still have my bear from when I was tiny and ickle

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37892 is a reply to message #37887] Sun, 29 October 2006 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jedediah is currently offline  Jedediah

Likes it here

A bear Aussie? I thought you'd have a sheep ;-D

E Te Atua tukuna mai ki au te Mauri tauki te tango i nga mea
Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37893 is a reply to message #37892] Sun, 29 October 2006 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Glad y'all like my bear.
Jedediah can't you get sheep off your mind.
Not speaking from experience but I believe a kangaroo is ok if you tie it down. (Tie me Kangaroo down sport, Tie me Kangaroo down)

Aussie
Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37895 is a reply to message #37893] Sun, 29 October 2006 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Whats the bears name if you don't mind me asking?

Oh the bear looks like it could kick some ass! I like it where you find it.

Jay

Side note I will be finshed with my paper to night I will post it back up then.

So say what you want
Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37899 is a reply to message #37895] Sun, 29 October 2006 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Well Jay (me hanging head) it has never been given a name (not really good enough, I know) and I will need to enquire around to find out where it came from. It sits where it can see me on the computer and yes it has a fiendish face but I am not sure if it can kick ass.
Aussie
icon6.gif LOL  [message #37900 is a reply to message #37899] Sun, 29 October 2006 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

What have you been doing on your computer to make that poor little bear make a face Like that. LOL;-D

So say what you want
Re: LOL  [message #37901 is a reply to message #37900] Sun, 29 October 2006 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

You have such a devious mind Jay, the workings of which never cease to amaze me Sad)
And probably not much you haven't already done
Aussie

[Updated on: Sun, 29 October 2006 21:41]

Re: LOL  [message #37902 is a reply to message #37901] Sun, 29 October 2006 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I do, maybe I should look back at some old post from you and cossie. that might take some time tho, cuz you two like to hijack alot of post.LOL:-()

So say what you want
Re: LOL  [message #37903 is a reply to message #37902] Sun, 29 October 2006 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

You've got it wrong!!

We have reformed from that!!

Don't you read all the posts?

We took the pledge not to hijack other peoples threads.

Are you insinuating that me and my bear are hijacking your thread?

Aussie >Sad (I think I'll go play somewhere else) :'-(
Hmmm..  [message #37904 is a reply to message #37893] Sun, 29 October 2006 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Interesting times if the kangaroo's not tied down tight enough. The mind boggles.

Thinking about that fine old Australian anthem - it goes on to say -

Let me Abos go loose, Bruce, Let me Abos go loose.
They're of no further use, Bruce. So let me Abos go loose.

Always wondered why Rolf had his Abos tied down.

cheers

Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37905 is a reply to message #37882] Sun, 29 October 2006 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kupuna is currently offline  kupuna

Really getting into it

Our German shepherd likes his stuffed animal, too!
Re: Hmmm..  [message #37908 is a reply to message #37904] Sun, 29 October 2006 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Well I have just discovered it's so he can stuff them.

But I still prefer Vegemite.

Aussie:-()
  • Attachment: Oz.jpg
    (Size: 40.32KB, Downloaded 265 times)
Re: Hmmm..  [message #37914 is a reply to message #37908] Sun, 29 October 2006 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Vegemite??..........no, i'd better not.

cheers

ps. Posh Australians? lol

Re: LOL  [message #37925 is a reply to message #37903] Sun, 29 October 2006 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I told you before you can hijack my post any time. It makes it look like I said some thing interesting.

Don't leave I enjoy playing with u. I am sorry I did not mean to sound that way.

Jay

So say what you want
Re: I can be such a girl some times...  [message #37928 is a reply to message #37905] Sun, 29 October 2006 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

And he looks so contented. Well that's what friends are for.

Aussie Very Happy
It's no laughing matter..  [message #37929 is a reply to message #37925] Sun, 29 October 2006 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

but your apologies accepted. I'll come back and play then. :-* Wink

Aussie
Jay, are you sure you really want to play with Aussie? ...  [message #37939 is a reply to message #37929] Mon, 30 October 2006 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

... after he's spent his day tying down kangaroos - probably after practising with sheep!

You'd be better off sticking with the Northern Hemisphere, where we're all kinda superior to those ex-convicts called Bruce. You did realise that 99% of Australian males are called Bruce? The other 1% are called Sheila, but that's only because their fathers had drunk too much Foster's Lager before the birth, so their vision was too blurred to recognise the important bits of anatomy!

Oh, and by the way, I happen to know that the grumpy, Aussie-lookalike bear is called Kipper. I'll leave Aussie to explain!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Now you have me thoroughly confused ...  [message #37940 is a reply to message #37914] Mon, 30 October 2006 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... I was brought up to believe that before Britain started shipping convicts out there, Australia was populated only by Aubergines, which the convicts used to cook on the top of Ayers Rock as an accompaniment to roast kangaroo. Have I misunderstood something here?

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Now you have me thoroughly confused ...  [message #37942 is a reply to message #37940] Mon, 30 October 2006 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

No. I think that's about right Cossie. BTW - do you know why Britain started shipping her convicts to Australia? - 'cause they'd already filled America up.

cheers

I know, but ...  [message #37945 is a reply to message #37942] Mon, 30 October 2006 02:45 Go to previous message

On fire!

... exporting the Bush family was a BIG mistake. They should definitely have gone to Jamaica as slave labour. On second thoughts, perhaps they weren't intelligent enough to be slaves?

For a' that an' a' that,
Previous Topic: It feels odd
Next Topic: Do you all ever get...
Goto Forum: