A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I just want you all to know.......
I just want you all to know.......  [message #38030] Mon, 30 October 2006 22:49 Go to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

I appreciate the email's demanding my leaving this message board community.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: I just want you all to know.......  [message #38031 is a reply to message #38030] Mon, 30 October 2006 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Are the emails from regulars here or lurkers? I know I havent sent any and cant think of a regular who I think would, but I could be wrong.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: I just want you all to know.......  [message #38033 is a reply to message #38030] Mon, 30 October 2006 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

I don't want you to leave. So I out vote them, I win and you stay. OK!

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Us all  [message #38034 is a reply to message #38030] Mon, 30 October 2006 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Marc said,
> I just want you all to know....... I appreciate the email's demanding my leaving this message board community.

How many are there, and are they from more than one person, or is one person spamming you?

I have not sent any, and I would be very surprised to hear that any regular from this board has unreservedly asked you to leave. But since you don't give any details it's impossible to know what else they might have said, and whether they justified themselves or mitigated the request at all.

David

[Updated on: Mon, 30 October 2006 23:11]

Re: I just want you all to know.......  [message #38035 is a reply to message #38030] Mon, 30 October 2006 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think everyone should know that I do not appreciate them at all. I mean this in general to whomsoever they are addressed, not to you in particular.

I do not like behaviours like that even if they are signed properly and even if well argued.

For the avoidance of doubt, all are welcome here save the two people who have been banned for a long time. I carry the responsibility for this site, and the fact that this board welcomes all comers is mine alone to decide.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: I just want you all to know.......  [message #38036 is a reply to message #38030] Mon, 30 October 2006 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kupuna is currently offline  kupuna

Really getting into it

I don't want you to leave, Marc!
Re: I just want you all to know.......  [message #38037 is a reply to message #38030] Mon, 30 October 2006 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Marc, please pay no attention to any such e-mails! I - for one - continue to value your presence here, as I value the presence of all the other posters.

One of the the great things that I get from this place is a real understanding of diversity, in that posters come from all over the world, from all age groups, and with very different life stories and views. When you choose to, you make a real contribution to things here.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: I just want you all to know.......  [message #38041 is a reply to message #38030] Tue, 31 October 2006 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

Marc, I do not always agree with your point of view or the manner in which you express it but I do concede that that is just you and as has already been pointed out the diversity of opinions is what helps to make this place thrive.
I would like to continue to be able to read your posts some of which can be very thought provoking and your humour can shine even in the face of adversity

You have my support

Aussie
Marc, you know it wasn't me ...  [message #38045 is a reply to message #38030] Tue, 31 October 2006 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

... although we've had our fights, we understand each other a lot better than once we did - and you already know that I broadly support your position on the current issue.

It's one thing taking arguments to e-mail, provided that they remain arguments and do not become exchanges of insults. It's quite another for someone to demand your withdrawal in such an underhand way; that is just plain wrong!

I hope that every forum-user who believes that what has happened is deeply regrettable will post to this thread accordingly.

It would also be nice to think that the person(s) responsible would choose to explain themselves in public, now that Marc has moved the matter into the public domain.

Oh, and Marc - you definitely stay; you're an important ingredient in the mix!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Re: Marc, you know it wasn't me ...  [message #38046 is a reply to message #38045] Tue, 31 October 2006 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Navyone is currently offline  Navyone

Likes it here

I agree with Cossie.

Gary
Navyone
Re: I just want you all to know.......  [message #38086 is a reply to message #38041] Tue, 31 October 2006 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jedediah is currently offline  Jedediah

Likes it here

Marc, i agree with what everyone here has posted. Please don't even think about leaving & tell your e-mailers to SFU.

cheers

E Te Atua tukuna mai ki au te Mauri tauki te tango i nga mea
Re: I just want you all to know.......  [message #38094 is a reply to message #38030] Tue, 31 October 2006 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Mark,

Although I've only recently come out of the shadows, I've lurked here for a number of years. I certainly agree with Cossie, Timmy and the rest. Such demands are simply cowardly.

Stick around, Bro.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
I don't at all appreciate them  [message #38095 is a reply to message #38030] Tue, 31 October 2006 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I love to hear from you, Marc. In my opinion you have more experience in "being gay" than almost the whole rest of this message board put together. Even though I may disagree with you on some issues and often I think you are a right bastard to other posters I still respect you greatly. I respect your history and background, or as much as I know of it. Not to down the other posters here, of course, but you above anyone else that I know here, has done the hard yards of "being gay".

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: I just want you all to know.......  [message #38099 is a reply to message #38030] Tue, 31 October 2006 06:07 Go to previous message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Marc,

I have often said that your contributions to our discussions are sometimes really meaningful. The last time I did so was only yesterday. I am sure that none of the regular posters want you to leave, and I certainly don't. Sometimes you make me really angry because of the way you express your opinions - and sometimes I let you know how I feel about it. But I would never want you to leave this board.

I do not know who sent you those emails, but I want to say here publicly that it was a wicked thing to do. This forum is a "place of safety" - and that goes for Marc too no less than for all of us. Whoever you are: be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Previous Topic: Any one seen...
Next Topic: A false sense of security (TMI!)
Goto Forum: