A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Bush vs Kerry........
Bush vs Kerry........  [message #38161] Wed, 01 November 2006 01:01 Go to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Holy shit!!!!!

I just saw John Kerry blast GW and his administration to hell and back.....

The news video was at rock solid on point as I have ever heard anywhere.

This is going to be a good election....... I have a feeling there is about to be some changes around here.....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
I've no objection to Kerry blasting ...  [message #38171 is a reply to message #38161] Wed, 01 November 2006 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

... the Bush administration to hell - but why on earth did he blast them back again?

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Re: Bush vs Kerry........  [message #38175 is a reply to message #38161] Wed, 01 November 2006 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

The pity of it all is that both ends of the political scene here in this country (USA) say the right things to their constituency, but when they get in power they're like mirror images of each other. Democrat, republican, doesn't matter. They're all the same when the rubber meets the road.

My opinion only and not expected that any of the rest of you will feel likewise.

Teddy

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Bush vs Kerry........  [message #38184 is a reply to message #38175] Wed, 01 November 2006 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jedediah is currently offline  Jedediah

Likes it here

So true, Teddy. Elections, anywhere, are all just bread and circuses as Juvenal observed 2,000 years ago. The end result is always the same - politicians take power and a few months later little old ladies start ringing the talk-back programmes and declare, "This government has GOT to GO!"

As a (slightly) interested observer at the far side of the world, it makes very little difference which party is in power. Can anyone name the parties of the last half-dozen administrations? I couldn't, they all look the same in practice.

Our government is not much better - a little, but not much.

Having said all that, the sooner Bush is history, the better. The man's an imbecile.

cheers

E Te Atua tukuna mai ki au te Mauri tauki te tango i nga mea
Re: Bush vs Kerry........  [message #38185 is a reply to message #38184] Wed, 01 November 2006 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

To fully understand Kerry's position you would have to see the political advertisments that have plagued the TV for the last 3 months or so.....

There is NO discussion on important issues.......

All they do is showcase whatever muck the other candidate had done....

This being the case voters then have to ferret through all the bullshit to find out what is true, what is lies, what is important and what is not....

I read another article that did a financial annalysis of the cost put into ads presenting issues and those doing nothing but slamming their opponent... for every dollar spent on presenting issues 17 dollars is spent on mud slinging...

All in all, it is a pretty sad state of affairs....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Bush vs Kerry........  [message #38186 is a reply to message #38185] Wed, 01 November 2006 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Navyone is currently offline  Navyone

Likes it here

For sure one side is as bad as the other.

But this one is on Kerry.

Gary
Navyone
Re: Bush vs Kerry........  [message #38187 is a reply to message #38175] Wed, 01 November 2006 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Navyone is currently offline  Navyone

Likes it here

Truer words were never spoken.

Gary
Navyone
Re: Bush vs Kerry........  [message #38189 is a reply to message #38185] Wed, 01 November 2006 22:25 Go to previous message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

Must be the way of the world then.

I cant see any difference between your elections and ours.

Muck raking does seem to produce better results than good policies though.

Another ploy they use here is to say someone has no hope of winning and so they get the sympathy vote. That works pretty well too.

Aussie
Previous Topic: At least consider this
Next Topic: Drama queens…
Goto Forum: