A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Hymns
Re: Yup. I just checked ...  [message #38267 is a reply to message #38264] Fri, 03 November 2006 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

I just checked too. Sorry no abs.

Aussie
Re: Good thread  [message #38269 is a reply to message #38235] Fri, 03 November 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

>I personally feel that a men's chorus of just tenors and basses is missing out

I can agree with you on that to a point. I guess the point being that what I want and what I get are often far apart! I'd like nothing more than to sing in a mixed male voice choir like you speak of. Not available anywhere close to where I live in the US Pacific Northwest that I know of, and boy choir's are few and far between on this side the pond as well. So I settle for the Men's Chorus which is an awesome experience, but like you say, a bit lacking. Ahh, well!

Teddy

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: The Celtic Defence!  [message #38271 is a reply to message #38257] Fri, 03 November 2006 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Not many people know this, but the bagpipes were invented by the Irish. They gave them to the Scots and the Scots haven't seen the joke yet.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Hymns  [message #38609 is a reply to message #38231] Sat, 11 November 2006 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaycracker is currently offline  jaycracker

Likes it here

Mention 'Bread of heaven' within earshot of a Welsh tenor, and you'll suddenly be surrounded by a hoard of Welshmen wanting to sing 'Guide Me Oh Thou Great Redeemer' to the tune of Cwum Rhonda.
A stirring hymn, yes. And one with which to rattle the rafters. For the best effect have the choir do battle with a pipe organ of cathedral dimensions and see who comes out on top. Very Happy
Re: Hymns  [message #38610 is a reply to message #38609] Sat, 11 November 2006 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

I am sure that would be stirring and great to hear.
If there is one thing that this thread has reminded me of is how many great hymns there are and how many I like and remember.
As soon as someone mentions a good hymn I have to start whistling it.

Aussie
icon7.gif Re: Hymns  [message #39691 is a reply to message #38207] Tue, 05 December 2006 00:07 Go to previous message
Deepwoodguy is currently offline  Deepwoodguy

Getting started

thanks for the link

My favs are "It is well with my soul"
and "Blessed Assurance"

Appreciate it.....charlie
Previous Topic: Grasshopper, whereever you are.....
Next Topic: Coconut Kash
Goto Forum: