A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Here it is. The ultimate question. WHY?
icon9.gif Here it is. The ultimate question. WHY?  [message #38344] Mon, 06 November 2006 07:49 Go to next message
brian! is currently offline  brian!

Likes it here

Why bother with anything?

Why hope?

Why wake up in the morning?

WHY?

Brian

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
Re: Here it is. The ultimate question. WHY?  [message #38345 is a reply to message #38344] Mon, 06 November 2006 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian! is currently offline  brian!

Likes it here

Thinking about it, "Hope" is all some people have.

Brian

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
Re: Here it is. The ultimate question. WHY?  [message #38346 is a reply to message #38345] Mon, 06 November 2006 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jack is currently offline  jack

Likes it here

why /hope.

interesting words. enjoy

jack.Very Happy

life is to enjoy.
Re: Here it is. The ultimate question. WHY?  [message #38348 is a reply to message #38344] Mon, 06 November 2006 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Brian, this a a response from someone who is your friend:

Stop moaning, get a life!

Your are your own worst enemy. You must become your own friend.

Hugs,

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: Here it is. The ultimate question. WHY?  [message #38349 is a reply to message #38348] Mon, 06 November 2006 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

JFR has a point. And, though blunt, has expressed it kindly.

Brian, all is never lost. There simply comes a time when a man must act to get what he needs. I have lived my life without acting and regret that.

I know I have had other consolations, but I miss the one thing I have chosen not to be able to have.

You are in a different position. You may choose to have the things you need. Choose to have them, Brian

[Updated on: Mon, 06 November 2006 11:47]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Here it is. The ultimate question. WHY?  [message #38355 is a reply to message #38344] Mon, 06 November 2006 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

There is obviously a background to this post that most of us have either forgotten or know nothing about.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Here it is. The ultimate question. WHY?  [message #38356 is a reply to message #38355] Mon, 06 November 2006 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

If you take away someones dreams, you may be taking away all they have.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Why not?  [message #38357 is a reply to message #38344] Mon, 06 November 2006 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Brian said,
>Why bother with anything? Why hope? Why wake up in the morning? WHY?

"Why not?" might sound facetious, but what I mean by it is that life is what we make of it. There are more opportunities if we keep going than if we stop, give up and don't bother any more.

Hope is a big part of it, but not all.

There are people who care about us who hate the thought of us failing, giving up. It means something to them -- even if they are not around any more, it would mean something to them -- to know that we continue despite the hardships of life. Regardless of whether we believe in a higher power or morality, it is nevertheless our duty to make the best of what we have, to make worthwhile what others have invested in us.

David
Re: Here it is. The ultimate question. WHY?  [message #38362 is a reply to message #38344] Mon, 06 November 2006 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

What is it that you want???

Specificaly.....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Here it is. The ultimate question. WHY?  [message #38363 is a reply to message #38344] Mon, 06 November 2006 18:38 Go to previous message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

Brian,
I have asked myself similar questions everyday when I wakeup, and have yet been able to ans all of them yet.

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Previous Topic: Why do so many people trust them?
Next Topic: Some sort of lyricism i assume^^ Enjoy^^ ~Josh~
Goto Forum: