A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I came to a decision....... or two.......
I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38669] Sun, 12 November 2006 09:12 Go to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

I have come to the decision that I need to begin taking medication once again. I don't want to do this but I know I have to do it. I will do it for one month.... After that I will decide if I will continue or not.

God I hate doing this.......

I also decided I am going to return to a sphere of my life that I have been away from for several years. I am going back to college. Not as an instructor this time (I don't think I am ready for that... or if I ever will be) but as a student once again. I will study for my degree in history... Something I have wanted to do for alot of years.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38670 is a reply to message #38669] Sun, 12 November 2006 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Awesome!

God bless you, Marc and give you great success in every worthy thing that you decide to do. May you be blessed with hugs galore from all those whom you let love you.

(If you don't believe in God please do not be offended by my message: just look upon it as my way of saying something congratulatory in a superlative way.)

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38671 is a reply to message #38670] Sun, 12 November 2006 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Of course I believe in God..... I just don't believe in the one that makes everyone so mean....

Your post made me cry.... now i feel such a sap.......

Huggs you .......

.......... now that brought an immage to my mind.....Surprised

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38681 is a reply to message #38669] Sun, 12 November 2006 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

i think those decisions are excellent.

With the meds, do look them up online to make sure that a month is sufficient

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38682 is a reply to message #38681] Sun, 12 November 2006 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

I don't want to do this indefinately..... I don't want to do this at all.... but I feel I must.... You know the problems I am prone to about taking and forgetting then taking again and so on..... This frightens me to the bone.....

Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38685 is a reply to message #38682] Sun, 12 November 2006 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I understand you. My point is simply one of the way the meds work. Some must have a build up period before they can be effectuive, and then a wind down period rather than cold turkey. The point I am making is a chemical one, not a psycological one or a "need this" one.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38691 is a reply to message #38685] Sun, 12 November 2006 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

I think we need to not discuss this ....... you are making me more nervous than calm with it.......

bring it up in a couple of weeks when i have had a chance to settle into it.

please.....

Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38692 is a reply to message #38691] Sun, 12 November 2006 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Sorry. Consider it closed.

Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38693 is a reply to message #38692] Sun, 12 November 2006 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

You know I always listen to what you say in the end..... though it looks like I am kicking and screaming all the way.....

I am very excited about returning to school. I have always wanted a degree in history to round out everything. The fact that I am going to get a boatload of $$$ for doing it helps too.

Like Kevy surmised.... I can find a nice job in a dead end company to suppliment our income or I can do this and get my new degree at the same time and make more money for the effort than I would by working.

I should have thought of doing this years ago.

Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38695 is a reply to message #38682] Sun, 12 November 2006 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Marc wrote:

You know the problems I am prone to about taking and forgetting then taking again and so on..... This frightens me to the bone.....

There is no need to be frightened about forgetting. You do not live alone. Let Kevy help you, silly boi. Together you can do it.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38696 is a reply to message #38669] Sun, 12 November 2006 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Marc, I do so much respect you for these decisions. Having a trial period for meds is a fine idea, and the college things sounds great. Best wishes in all your endeavours.

warm hugs
NW

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38701 is a reply to message #38693] Sun, 12 November 2006 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'm pleased.

I wish I'd got my degree.

Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38702 is a reply to message #38701] Sun, 12 November 2006 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Well Tim,

You could always take a course here and there..... It may take a while but then a long walk takes time too....

And if there is a prise at the end of the trail it is always worth the sore feet.

Even if it is for nothing more than personal satisfaction.....

Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38703 is a reply to message #38702] Sun, 12 November 2006 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

If I had any idea what I wanted a degree in! Certainly I am not interested in metallurgy any more.

Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38704 is a reply to message #38703] Sun, 12 November 2006 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Just start with a talk with an admissions counselor. Take a walk around a campus or two and see what is happening.

You never know what will pique your interest if you give it a chance.

Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38708 is a reply to message #38704] Sun, 12 November 2006 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

let me get frustrated enough first! I am working flat out in so many projects I hardly know whch way is up any more. Plus I need to make money.

Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38709 is a reply to message #38708] Sun, 12 November 2006 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Money is a good thing.... I wish I had a bunch or two....

Now....

On the subject of "up"....... stand erect, bend 90 degrees at the waste, look straight ahead......... UP is the other way.........

LOL

Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38713 is a reply to message #38669] Sun, 12 November 2006 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

The very best of luck with college, Marc.

David
Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38714 is a reply to message #38713] Sun, 12 November 2006 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Here's wishing you good things, Marc!

Hugs,

Teddy

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: I came to a decision....... or two.......  [message #38715 is a reply to message #38669] Sun, 12 November 2006 18:01 Go to previous message
kupuna is currently offline  kupuna

Really getting into it

Marc,
I wish you great the best of luck and great success in what you are now embarking upon.
Previous Topic: The word 'gay'
Next Topic: Reality check ...... ?
Goto Forum: