A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > News about Brian ....
News about Brian ....  [message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 03:26 Go to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

…. Brian 1407a, that is. It’s almost three weeks since Brian posted, and you’ll recollect that in a post about ten days ago Strong Mountain told us that he was OK, but away on a road-trip. Sailor and I were not convinced; we hear from Brian regularly, and for him to be absent for any length of time without telling us in advance would have been wholly out of character.

I’m sorry to report that our misgivings were fully justified. Brian has been involved in another, more serious, road accident. Once again, his mom was driving, but this time she has been arrested and charged with DUI and Child Endangerment.

He has been taken from his mother’s custody, but the great news is that he is now in the custody of his best friend’s family, with whom he has an excellent relationship. I don’t yet have details of Brian’s injuries, but I gather that he is being cared for at their home; he tells me that he’s doing OK, but it will take some time for this one to heal.

Brian is clearly far from well, and he obviously needs time and space in which to recover. Could I therefore suggest that good wishes should be posted here, rather than sent direct by e-mail, to avoid putting him under any pressure to reply?

I’ll tell him about this post, and I’m sure he’ll read your messages as soon as he is able. Until he is well enough to post himself, I’ll keep you up to date with any information that comes my way.

I know that this post is hardly good news, but you’ll all understand my delight that Brian has survived and is on his way to recovery.

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39194 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

Cossie, Thanks for the bad but good news. It is a relief to hear why he hasn't been around but not as pleasant as hoped.
Certainly our wishes go to Brian for a full recovery in whatever time it may take. I am sure there will be good wishes from all parts of the globe and I will put him on my healing list.
Will look forward to hearing from him in due course.
Aussie
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39199 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Cossie, thanks for posting this information. It is, of course, most disturbing, but hopefully "all's well that ends well".

God bless you, Brian. May you have a speedy and complete recovery and may the weeks, months and years ahead be pleasant and rewarding for you. We all love you and send you hugs.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39201 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have been worried about him for some time, just quietly. Hugs you Brian.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39203 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Best wishes, Brian for a speedy and full recovery. We're still going to be here for you.

Just one big gentle hug this time so as not to hurt you more.
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39204 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

The main thing is he is surrounded by people that love him. I can think of nothing more healing. Best wishes Brian.

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Brian  [message #39207 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Brian, my very best wishes for a quick recovery. Without knowing the precise details of your situation, I hope that everything turns out for the best and that we'll see you again soon.

Hugs,

David
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39208 is a reply to message #39204] Fri, 24 November 2006 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jack is currently offline  jack

Likes it here

Hi Brian

get well soon at least you are with freinds.

Lots of hugs

jack.Smile

life is to enjoy.
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39211 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Brian, you're being greatly missed here! Warmest best wishes for recovery, and I hope that this will be the last of the shitty stuff in your life, and the start of things getting much better for you.

NW

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Brian, best wishes for a speedy recovery and my strongest  [message #39213 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

hopes for a better future full of love and happiness to you.

Hugs, Charlie
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39215 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh is currently offline  Josh

On fire!

Brian

I hope you can recvoer from this accident.You are loved here.

Best Wishes from a friend.

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39217 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

sorry to hear Brian, I hope you get better.

Jason

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39225 is a reply to message #39217] Fri, 24 November 2006 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jedediah is currently offline  Jedediah

Likes it here

Oh, Brian! There's nothing much to say that hasn't already been said - except maybe - Bugger! Bad things happen to good people. Sounds like you're in a better place now. I really hope things are better for you from here on in.

Best wishes & be back soon - you're greatly missed here.

E Te Atua tukuna mai ki au te Mauri tauki te tango i nga mea
Brian  [message #39227 is a reply to message #39193] Fri, 24 November 2006 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick is currently offline  nick

Likes it here

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Been missing you.

Nick
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39234 is a reply to message #39193] Sat, 25 November 2006 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whitop is currently offline  Whitop

Toe is in the water

Cossie, Thanks. I too was worried.

Dear Brian, I am deeply sorry about your latest troubles, but delighted you are in a loving home of friends. I am sending spititual hugs which can’t hurt, but I hope will soon bring your sparkle back to this loving board. – Mac.
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39251 is a reply to message #39234] Sat, 25 November 2006 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Thanks.....I love each and everyone of you.

Mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Brian

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39252 is a reply to message #39251] Sat, 25 November 2006 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Ah, there you are. What happened? And are you ok?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39253 is a reply to message #39251] Sat, 25 November 2006 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

Smile Glad to hear from u

Jay

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39254 is a reply to message #39251] Sat, 25 November 2006 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh is currently offline  Josh

On fire!

kawaii^^

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39258 is a reply to message #39251] Sat, 25 November 2006 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Brian! It's really lovely to hear from you. David
Re: News about Brian ....  [message #39260 is a reply to message #39251] Sun, 26 November 2006 00:31 Go to previous message
kupuna is currently offline  kupuna

Really getting into it

Dear Brian,
It's so wonderful to see you here again!
Hugs!
Previous Topic: okay^^ heres a question^^
Next Topic: somethings bugging me.
Goto Forum: