A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Ok I have some great news.
icon4.gif Ok I have some great news.  [message #39763] Wed, 06 December 2006 16:38 Go to next message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

Ok I have some great news. Jac…. My Jac has as asked me to marry him.

You probably want to know what I ans. I said YES! OMG I said yes. I love Jac with all my heart.

Some of u know already but in January I am moving to the UK to be with him.

I love you Jac, and the two little bunnies, and Tinkerbelle

Btw Tinkerbelle is our new puppy Jac got 4 us.

Jay

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39764 is a reply to message #39763] Wed, 06 December 2006 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tBP is currently offline  tBP

Likes it here

wow congratulations, both of you!

you seem such a great couple, best of luck for the future!

Odi et amo: quare id faciam, fortasse requiris.
Nescio, set fieri sentio et excrucior
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39766 is a reply to message #39764] Wed, 06 December 2006 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Thank u

Jay

So say what you want
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39767 is a reply to message #39763] Wed, 06 December 2006 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Congratulations! Best wishes to both of you.

NW

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39768 is a reply to message #39763] Wed, 06 December 2006 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There is quite a long road with visas and immigration and stuff. Very best wishes for both the immigration fun you may have and for the relationship.

What happens to college etc? and all the other exciting questions!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39769 is a reply to message #39763] Wed, 06 December 2006 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kupuna is currently offline  kupuna

Really getting into it

Congratulations, Jay and Jac!
Great news, indeed!
I wish you a happy life together!

[Updated on: Wed, 06 December 2006 17:32]

Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39771 is a reply to message #39768] Wed, 06 December 2006 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacmar is currently offline  jacmar

Toe is in the water

hes going to continue his studies end of discussion EH! jay

Jay, I love u. You are my heart and my soul.
You are my other half. The final piece to my puzzle. I am complete when I am with you.
You turn a dark day into a bright sunny day.
You make me giddy with joy.Just from hearing your voice.
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39772 is a reply to message #39769] Wed, 06 December 2006 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

thanks guys means a lot to us having your support im hopeing to web cast it so every onr can join in our happy day

You are my other half. The final piece to my puzzle. I am complete when I am with you.
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39776 is a reply to message #39763] Wed, 06 December 2006 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Congratulations to both of you!

David
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39777 is a reply to message #39771] Wed, 06 December 2006 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Transferring to a British college or university would be very complicated, and you can be absolutely sure that the syllabus will be totally different, so you would have to start again from scratch, Jay. Not sure how that fits in with your plans.

David
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39780 is a reply to message #39763] Wed, 06 December 2006 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dyllbrad is currently offline  dyllbrad

Toe is in the water

hi you guys were so happy that u guys r getting married (PARTY) everyone hehe

glad that u asked us to be ur best men and we love u guys
love from the bunnies lol 123XXX Brad and Dylls

dyll's jac's cousin brad is my boyfriend...

so wat if i kissed another boy in class and got caught

(THIS MAY WELL BE OUR LAST POST)
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39786 is a reply to message #39763] Wed, 06 December 2006 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Navyone is currently offline  Navyone

Likes it here

Jac and Jason,

Congratulations!!!
The road ahead ahead will have its ups and downs. (If that’s a pun I didn’t mean it to be)
You are both extremely nice kids. (I can call you kids because I am an old fart).
When ever you face an obstacle work together to overcome it. I am sure you both want everything yesterday, but some things take time.
Jason has bestowed upon me the honor of being his gramps. A finer grandson no one could ever have.
I know your hearts are intertwined and you are soul mates.
My wish for you is a long, happy and healthy life together.

All my Love,

Gary
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39787 is a reply to message #39763] Wed, 06 December 2006 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

congrats. You will be living the life I hope to have in the near future. Im moving to Britain as soon as possible and marry the one I love. Right now Im wishing you both a happy life.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39788 is a reply to message #39787] Wed, 06 December 2006 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

thanx brian u sxc babe lol dont tell jay i called u that hehe

Hi Brian  [message #39789 is a reply to message #39787] Wed, 06 December 2006 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Brian said,
>congrats. You will be living the life I hope to have in the near future. Im moving to Britain as soon as possible and marry the one I love. Right now Im wishing you both a happy life.

How are the plans for university/moving to the UK etc. going? Do you have any particular place (or person) in mind yet? Smile

David
Thank U all  [message #39790 is a reply to message #39763] Wed, 06 December 2006 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

OBTW here is Tinkerbelle

So say what you want
Re: Thank U all  [message #39791 is a reply to message #39790] Wed, 06 December 2006 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JL is currently offline  JL

Getting started

Just out of curiosity, how old is she?

Oh, and what kind?

JL

[Updated on: Wed, 06 December 2006 22:16]

Re: Thank U all  [message #39792 is a reply to message #39791] Wed, 06 December 2006 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

you will have to ask Jac that question cuz i am not sure all i know is that she is still with her mother. and she is a chocolate labrador retriever

So say what you want
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39793 is a reply to message #39788] Wed, 06 December 2006 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Oh you r so getting it now. you better run.

on a side note u r sexc brain!

Jay

just smile and the guys will come running.

So say what you want
Re: Thank U all  [message #39794 is a reply to message #39792] Wed, 06 December 2006 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

tinkerbelle is little over 3 weeks old awwwwwwwwww bless

Re: Thank U all  [message #39795 is a reply to message #39792] Wed, 06 December 2006 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JL is currently offline  JL

Getting started

Oh ok, good. I'm glad she's still with her mom, though, cause she looks awful young (awful cute though too!). Are chocolates more common in the UK, do you know? Cause here I've not seen many at all. I've heard they're the crazy ones of all the labs haha, so be prepared for a wild and crazy baby : ).

Another dog question: why didn't you/he adopt a dog from a shelter?

Anyway, congrats on everything : )

JL
Re: Thank U all  [message #39796 is a reply to message #39794] Wed, 06 December 2006 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

You need to be a sleep, so here is an Idea lov go to sleep. LOL

I love u.
Jay

So say what you want
Re: Thank U all  [message #39797 is a reply to message #39795] Wed, 06 December 2006 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

Tinkerbelle mommy is owned by a work collegue and the money i saved 1/2 went to a local HIV and aid charity in manchester 1/2 whent to a local millstream animal sacntuary

after Dylls and Brad a "MAD" puppy is so going to be totaly tame, i'm more worried about house training Razz JAY Razz lol

Re: Thank U all  [message #39798 is a reply to message #39796] Wed, 06 December 2006 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

thanx bubby123xxxXXXJAC

Re: Thank U all  [message #39799 is a reply to message #39797] Wed, 06 December 2006 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

don't look at me i failed twice.

So say what you want
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39800 is a reply to message #39763] Thu, 07 December 2006 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Sincerest congratulations, J and J. May you be very happy together for many years to come.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39817 is a reply to message #39786] Thu, 07 December 2006 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Thanks gramps

Love Jay

So say what you want
Re: Hi Brian  [message #39823 is a reply to message #39789] Fri, 08 December 2006 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Not a particular place at this time, but I do have a certain person in mind.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: Hi Brian  [message #39824 is a reply to message #39823] Fri, 08 December 2006 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

who?

So say what you want
Re: Ok I have some great news.  [message #39825 is a reply to message #39763] Fri, 08 December 2006 08:03 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I love it when two people find love and happiness. I'm a true romantic. I want you both to succeed with all my heart.

I'm basing what I'm going to say next on the fact that I really know neither of you at all. I'm going to use you as an example for everyone planning to meet through love, and I hope you will see the things I am pointing out for them as positive. There's a risk you will not, but I'll take the risk.

Online relationships are awesome. Often they are more intense that face to face relationships. I've no idea why this is, but I know it to be true.

The real courtship starts the moment you meet face to face. That does not in any way invalidate or diminish what has gone before, but the full relationship can only start the moment your eyes meet. The hard thing is that two people who are totally suited online may not like each other when they meet. Or they may like each other more.

Even so, the meeting is the crucial point. At this point it is valid to move forard, or to move back. Since you are looking at a commitment at this point it matters that you can give that commitment back, too. If you can, then great. If not, then pull back to whatever place makes you feel safe.

Even so, read and understand http://iomfats.org/oddsandends/meeting/goldenrules.html Now I have broken these rules more times than I've observed them. And I have been safe so far. I think I've met about 30 people I met online. Iv'e spent the weekend in their homes twice, sight unseen. But I am also not in the first flush of youth and probably not "predator bait". Younger people are more likely to be deceived for a nefarious purpose than older people.

So take care, and verify that the person you are about to meet is who and what they say they are. Even if they are not, that is fine, but it can spoil the romance.

I know a young man well who came to the UK expecting to be allowed in. He was to be here on an extended vacation and was staying with a friend. He was turned back at immigration. We tried to get him in, but, because we knew him by one name and because his real name was different along with his nationality and a few other things about him, his story was too fishy for UK Immigration and he was deported.

He's here now, legally, and is currently applying for residency with some hope of success. The point is, he was everything he seemed except wholly different at the same time.

Jay and Jac, this is not "aimed at you". We have so many people here who read and follow examples of others. I like your example, and I know you are both wise enough to have checked all sorts of stuff out. This is for others who may not be as wise.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Hi guys!
Next Topic: Another bastion against homosexuals falls
Goto Forum: