A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Hallo, everyone - I'm home
Hallo, everyone - I'm home  [message #39962] Fri, 15 December 2006 17:28 Go to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Scanning the posts from the last two weeks. I'm not sure anyone noticed my absence, but on Saturday, 2 December, I started an unplanned stay in the local hospital with chest pains. Yesterday I had two stents put in my chest and today I am home, feeling a different person.

I hope to catch up with the gossip over the next couple of days.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Hallo, everyone - I'm home  [message #39963 is a reply to message #39962] Fri, 15 December 2006 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Hello again, Nigel.

It's been quiet for everyone lately -- if your absence was not widely noticed that's because there haven't been many animated conversations in which you might have wanted to involve yourself!

I hope your recovery is going well.

Gossip... hmm. Recent events on-board have been: the arrival of Jac, Dyll and Brad; Jay and Jac's internet relationship; the return of the Black Prince; I'm looking for multi-million pound award-winning film ideas; my dodgy computer; Cossie's temporary absence; and a few others (see the old threads). Otherwise nothing very thrilling. How about inventing a little gossip yourself?

David
Re: Hallo, everyone - I'm home  [message #39964 is a reply to message #39962] Fri, 15 December 2006 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Sounds a horrid experience, Nigel. But it's great that that you could have stents fitted and be out so soon after.

best wishes and warmest hugs

NW

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Hallo, everyone - I'm home  [message #39965 is a reply to message #39962] Fri, 15 December 2006 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Which different person are you feeling? And is he enjoying it?

Good to have you back and in one piece.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Hallo, everyone - I'm home  [message #39967 is a reply to message #39962] Sat, 16 December 2006 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
electroken is currently offline  electroken

Likes it here

It's wonderful to see you are ok and witness to the fact that medicine is (in spite of what some would say) able to return you home after a stay in the hospital to fix you up in ways undreamed of just a few years back.

It is amazing to me how many people I know in my life who have had bypass surgery or had stents put in arteries etc. A friend of mine had arythmia (forgive the spelling errors of that if you please) and was able to be fixed with only a small cut in his groin where they entered his vein to do the work on his heart. It was even to be done as out-patient except that he bled a bit too much at the small incision and they kept him overnight. They completely fixed his irregular heart rhythem without doing the massive cutting that would have been necessary about 10 years back. Wow!

So I am impressed with how we can be saved now from things that would have had our relatives gathered at the cemetary. I am sure glad to hear you are ok and can continue with us here Nigel.

Ken
Hi, Nigel!  [message #40010 is a reply to message #39962] Tue, 19 December 2006 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

Great to see you back and on the road to recovery!

We simply couldn't carry on without our master of salacious innuendo!

However, I have to admit my gross ignorance of medical terminology; what, exactly, is a 'stent'? I have to say that my notoriously unreliable intuition conjures up a picture of something resembling a six-inch nail. That would certainly hurt - though, come to think of it, there are those who would find a six-inch 'nail' extremely desirable!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Re: Hi, Nigel!  [message #40018 is a reply to message #40010] Tue, 19 December 2006 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

I think a stint is a spring like device that holds an artery open.....

A stint is also a stubby, nasty, dirty looking shore bird....... with ittsy bitsy bird feet..... TALK ABOUT UNCOMFORTABLE!!!! YUK.........

I don't like birds..... filthy creatures...

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Hi, Nigel!  [message #40029 is a reply to message #40018] Tue, 19 December 2006 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jack is currently offline  jack

Likes it here

Hi Nigel

you are the second person this week that i know has had this op.

Rather that than by pass surgery although it is common place today for these ops .

keep to a healthy diet and try not to stress.

have a great christmas.Very Happy

life is to enjoy.
Re: Hi, Nigel!  [message #40032 is a reply to message #40010] Tue, 19 December 2006 15:39 Go to previous message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Hi cossie!

Master of salacious innuendo - you certainly know how to win a boy's heart.

First I had an angiogram in which a probe is fed into the artery which goes along the groin to find out by x-rays what is wrong. To close the wound a nurse has to press against the groin artery for ten minutes to stop the bleeding and this was done by fantastic looking young male nurse, only he didn't trip my gaydar and luckily didn't trip anything else down there. Some days later after diagnosis comes the angioplaisty when a 'balloon' is passed into the groin artery, eventually to expand the particular silted up artery that feeds the heart muscle, then a little coil or stent is lodged there to keep the coronary arteries open and the blood flowing. I had stents in two of the three arteries. On completion the apparatus is withdrawn and the groin artery sealed in the afore mentioned fashion. That time it was a lady nurse. Thank goodness my heart itself is perfectly healthy. You don't feel a thing and feel better immediately the bloodflow is restored by the stents.

Thanks everybody for your good wishes. It's just a pain taking things easy and I get stronger each day.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Previous Topic: Melancholy
Next Topic: A cringing apology ...
Goto Forum: