A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > More food for thought
More food for thought  [message #40258] Thu, 04 January 2007 11:23 Go to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

I’m hoping by posting this kind of thing it will not depress but serve to only inform. This is really a minority, I do believe this, but as you read the article you will see a well placed group with a plan that has been in action for many years and that to be aware of it will help those of us in this country to find our voices and speak out against this real and present danger. Not only to us but as we are presently see, the rest of the world.

http://www.alternet.org/story/46211/

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: More food for thought  [message #40259 is a reply to message #40258] Thu, 04 January 2007 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

The only "real and present danger" is that of the citizenry (sp) which is of sufficient age to vote and due to their own laziness are too self absorbed to take the time to vote.

If a difference is to be made it will be done at the polls.

To do this it is imperitive that a concerted effort at informing, motivating and educating every citizen in that their vote DOES make a difference.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: More food for thought  [message #40260 is a reply to message #40259] Thu, 04 January 2007 12:42 Go to previous message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

Agreed, the hard part is getting people in this country past the self absorbed state. Funny you should mention that, work was a bit slow tonight and one of my co workers dropped a magazine on my desk called “Self" I think, filled with slightly clad young women, not that I have a prob with that, rather it had been guys but out of place where I work. The point is that it struck me as Fifth Avenues way of telling young men these days ya gotta be butch. Fast women, faster cars, and all the latest butch gear. It had not one item of any substance other than self gratification.

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Previous Topic: Happy New Year message to Grasshopper
Next Topic: Damn it!!!! Damn it!!!! Damn it!!!!
Goto Forum: