A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Marc, I have a question
Marc, I have a question  [message #43024] Thu, 14 June 2007 20:58 Go to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

Hey Marc, I know your ability with doing research; I’ve seen you spend hours on working on problems you my come across.

You mentioned a while back working on a grant to further your studies. Since you know my situation I was wondering if you could give me some pointers. I just don’t have the energy to work the way I used to.

About a year ago I started doing some research on possible grants and LOL all I got was a headache. I’ve always found it odd that from the beginning that it was either assistance or nothing, even though it’s known, even with the meds available today, a totally normal life style is problematic in the long run, and I am not getting any younger.

I can see you don’t have a lot of time these days, but any pointers or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
rich

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: Marc, I have a question  [message #43025 is a reply to message #43024] Thu, 14 June 2007 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Hi Rich.... huggs tight.......

Ok, the first step is to go to the school of choice and go to their financial aid office and also admissions.

Get an application....

At the financial aid office the easy route there is to claim computer impediment and ask toe assistance filling out the forms there...

Go through that process and be prepared to hop, skip and jump through a few hoops as they ferret their way through the basic financial aid prosess.

once the application is sent in and documentation, ID, birth cert. and school transcripts are in their hands... Make an appointment for remedial placement testing....

Once you have your basic aid package you can obtaim up to 18,000+ per year... that is a good solid start.... but it is only the start...

In order to obtaim $$$ real money grantd you first mist begin a pattern if academic achievment.... two years at it if there are no supporting degrees... academic grants and scholarships abound but one must qualify....

I hope this helps....

Marc

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Marc, I have a question  [message #43027 is a reply to message #43025] Thu, 14 June 2007 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Yes that does help a lot Marc, thanks! I don’t know what the situation will be at the CIA, What I really would like to do is not so much go for a degree but training as a museum quality mold maker. You know my interest in metal art work and I have over the past few years acquired a good bit of equipment to further that goal, (not much time to do so though) as you know though you just don’t start doing that kind of craft (at least on your own and make a living right off the bat) So my main goal is to find that bread and butter type work that is compatible, and will in the mean time provide income yet allow me the time and energy to do my own thing as it were.

I’ll have to make time to go to the and talk to them. Thanks again!

Re: Marc, I have a question  [message #43028 is a reply to message #43027] Thu, 14 June 2007 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Ok that being the case....

The thing to do is look into grants unde the umbrella of the atrs and sciences grants.... they issue grants for up th 2 million for the development of skills, techniques and or mathods that are of a benefot to us ac a culture.... in effect.... conservation work and that sort of thing... anso the development of cutting edge art is applicable....

the easiest avenue to this end would be two fold...

First, search the grant data bases for applications and basic requirenents.

Second venture to universities that offer advanced art programed in metal work.... or museums toat are known for conservation, restoration and /or conservatorship.... they are familiar with the process..... which can be daunting.... and help with writing the grant proposal.....

Its alot of work but in the past i have secured boatloads of $$$ for conservative work i was doing....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Marc, I have a question  [message #43033 is a reply to message #43028] Fri, 15 June 2007 00:17 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

Wow, ok sounds like there may be hope here. I really need to talk to the folks at the Art school about what possibilities may exist. I find it hard to believe they wouldn’t have something available for us wrinkles with maybe some special needs.

I may also take another look at “The Foundation Center of C.”

Thanks again Marc, Huge Hugs!

Previous Topic: Third Convo. by ~Josh~
Next Topic: Anniversaries get to me
Goto Forum: