A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > meteor shower
meteor shower  [message #44403] Mon, 13 August 2007 06:16 Go to next message
kek_oubastet is currently offline  kek_oubastet

Toe is in the water

tonight was incredible i layed outside and it really was beautiful, i never got how people say the stars dance but they did and for a while i couldn't think

What A Wonderful catariciture of intamacy,
Re: meteor shower  [message #44404 is a reply to message #44403] Mon, 13 August 2007 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Watched it for ages here in the UK. It's a usual August happening, but always surprises.

Somehow it puts it into perspective how lucky we are that a ig lump hasn't hit us for agesn

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: meteor shower  [message #44406 is a reply to message #44404] Mon, 13 August 2007 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

LOL I just got back, it's now almost 4 am, went with friends had to drive 45 min. to get to a spot where there wasn't to much light pollution. I bet the viewing was great in Utah. I would have rather been in NM or out at sea!

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: meteor shower  [message #44407 is a reply to message #44406] Mon, 13 August 2007 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kek_oubastet is currently offline  kek_oubastet

Toe is in the water

haha ya it was completely dark except the glowing sky, it's just 2 am here

What A Wonderful catariciture of intamacy,
Re: meteor shower  [message #44409 is a reply to message #44404] Mon, 13 August 2007 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

I must have missed them. Will there be more tonight?

David
Re: meteor shower  [message #44410 is a reply to message #44409] Mon, 13 August 2007 17:14 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

There should be. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids The annual phenomenon usually lasts a few days, but August's weather is so unpredictable in England that we often miss them. Any tome between 9 and 3, mostly coming from the north to east sector, sometimes with odd directions. They are so random that binoculars don't help, and it's almost impossible to photograph one

[Updated on: Mon, 13 August 2007 17:15]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Great lyrics
Next Topic: I need names.......
Goto Forum: