A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Alone...
Alone...  [message #47468] Mon, 10 December 2007 14:50 Go to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Well everyone has left and now I am alone...
It feels so empty...

So what is everyone doing for the holidays ?

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
Re: Alone...  [message #47469 is a reply to message #47468] Mon, 10 December 2007 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis one who makes noise is currently offline  Curtis one who makes noise

Likes it here

Dude why are you alone? Dont you have friends near by?

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you......
Re: Alone...  [message #47470 is a reply to message #47469] Mon, 10 December 2007 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Some people dont have anyone to spend holidays with.....

I'm home alone too.....

You just have to get used to it.....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Alone...  [message #47471 is a reply to message #47470] Mon, 10 December 2007 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

But where do you live? Surely someone lives nearby that you could talk to?

Love
Anthony
Re: Alone...  [message #47472 is a reply to message #47470] Mon, 10 December 2007 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

If your friends aren't nearby, sometimes you have to plan well in advance -- but it's worth it when the time comes around.

I speak only from my own experience. Many of my old schoolfriends now live hundreds of miles away, and it can seem daunting to find the time to arrange visits. But I've never regretted the effort. Ever. The memory lasts much longer than the event, and you forget the difficulties.

I don't know you personally, Tempo -- but good luck, and I hope that you have a good Christmas.

Marc, I know from what you have said that you have family and friends outside the immediate area. Can you not invite them to stay, or offer to visit?

David
Re: Alone...  [message #47473 is a reply to message #47471] Mon, 10 December 2007 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

If i wanted to go to the local gay bar I could find people to talk to.... but i don't really like hanging out there....

Other than that..... Nope.... no one here....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Alone...  [message #47474 is a reply to message #47472] Mon, 10 December 2007 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

My Father moved to Florida and he has yet to call and give me his phone number...... I have no idea where he is...... Apparently, thats how he wants it..... As for me..... I guess I'm used to it...

Re: Alone...  [message #47475 is a reply to message #47468] Mon, 10 December 2007 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

I too spent the holidays alone, as I have done for many years now. Just made a little twist in my solitude, I spent it in one of the most beautiful places I know, a hot spring in the Gila wilderness. Not a soul for miles around!

Did share the area with a big cat, never smelled him or her but left behind a print the size of my balled up fist. Not to mention the skunk that wandered by late one night, kindly he moved right along his marry way without leaving an aromatic gift.

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: Alone...  [message #47477 is a reply to message #47474] Mon, 10 December 2007 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Our lives are what we make them. Everything takes effort, including finding people to spend Christmas with. If you're used to it, I guess it won't change. But that's your choice.

David
Re: Alone...  [message #47480 is a reply to message #47477] Tue, 11 December 2007 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Thank you David....

I know you are just trying to make me feel better....

It's a gawd awful shame it didnt work....

Re: Alone...  [message #47481 is a reply to message #47480] Tue, 11 December 2007 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Marc, the problem is that I am here and you are there. All I can do is provide suggestions. Ultimately you are the one who has to carry them out, or not as the case may be. It's the nature of this type of board, and internet communication in general.

Dvid
Re: Alone...  [message #47482 is a reply to message #47468] Tue, 11 December 2007 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Hey Guys thanks. Sorry but it was a bit of a strange post, but here is whats up.

My family ( Mom, stepdad and 2 sisters ) went to Cape Town for the festive season and I was left stuck at home cause I had to work. I don;t regret it one bit but just find myself feeling a little more alone this year than usual. I think that it just has something to do with the year that I have had, oh well, Im sure that it will pass in time... I hope.

As for my friend, I have a lot of friends close to where I live and I saw almost all ofthem this past weekend, but there is nothing quite like having your family around at a time like this. All of my friends have also been more than accommodating, and everyone of them has invited me to spend Christmas day with them and their families, now the questions is who do I go to without making the others upset Wink

I've got it, I will just have one HUGE Christmas Part at my place, what do you al think of that?

"What a stupid Lamb"
Re: Alone...  [message #47483 is a reply to message #47481] Tue, 11 December 2007 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

i see myself rowing in a small boat...

as i row along i begin to hear a roar off in the distance...

i row and the roar becomes deafening and i turn to see what it is...

i see the edge, turn, smile and keep rowing....

...... im so tired.....

Re: Alone...  [message #47484 is a reply to message #47483] Tue, 11 December 2007 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I quite like rapids!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Alone...  [message #47487 is a reply to message #47482] Tue, 11 December 2007 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jack is currently offline  jack

Likes it here

Hi

Well a party is one way, but if they are real friends they will know
that you cant be in all places at the same time.

I do know that some people can put an individual under pressure by not being too helpful in that type of situation.

But we cant please everyone.Smile Some people don't realize that you would rather be with your own family anyway.

life is to enjoy.
icon7.gif Re: Alone...  [message #47491 is a reply to message #47487] Wed, 12 December 2007 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Thanks Jack,

I know what you are saying, as much as my family drives me to drink. I still love them more than anything.

And most of them are true friends, so I am sure that they will understand.

Yip, you can not make everyone happy all of the time, just some people some of the time.

"What a stupid Lamb"
Re: Alone...  [message #47497 is a reply to message #47491] Wed, 12 December 2007 18:31 Go to previous message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Throwing a party for a lot of people means if you discover one of them really interests you then you can't ignore everyone else and get to know the interesting one exclusively. Furthermore you risk some of them doing things to your place that you may regret. If the party is too large it may get out of hand and you may get gatecrashers. In short the only parties worth going to are the quiet ones that other people throw.

My opinion, for what it's worth.

Love
Anthony
Previous Topic: Ages
Next Topic: Visiting the US
Goto Forum: