A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > So which pill will you be taking
So which pill will you be taking  [message #51092] Wed, 25 June 2008 15:34 Go to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

Although this article is directed at people who live in the U.S., I think it applies to us all no matter where we live.

http://www.raidersnewsnetwork.com/full.php?news=16989

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: So which pill will you be taking  [message #51094 is a reply to message #51092] Wed, 25 June 2008 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Dear Arich,

How can anyone willingly choose comfortable ignorance over the truth? The very thought is dreadful to me. But I value truth above most other good things.

A question I used to ask my friends (and I've mentioned it before on this forum) is "If you had a button which you could press to put you into a state of bliss for the rest of your life, would you press it?"

I think that when one gives serious consideration to that question most people realise that we actually want more than happiness in this life.

Is that why you posted it?

Love,
Anthony
Re: So which pill will you be taking  [message #51100 is a reply to message #51092] Wed, 25 June 2008 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger is currently offline  Roger

Really getting into it

I think Arich posted this because of the apathy that has developed in most modern countries especially the US. No one, especially the younger generation wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Its so easy to let someone else(especially the government)take care of things. It has become so easy and commonplace to point a finger at someone else and say its their fault, than to blame yourself. The generation coming up now is not being taught respect or to take responsibility for their actions. One of the reasons for this is women being given the majority rule in raising our children. Men are being emasculated and children are not being dissaplined.

If you stand for Freedom, but you wont stand for war, then you dont stand for anything worth fighting for.
Re: So which pill will you be taking  [message #51108 is a reply to message #51100] Wed, 25 June 2008 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Well, Roger,

Someone has to father the children! If there were no irresponsible men who produce offspring and then leave the mothers to do all the work, the world would be a better place.

And I agree with you that people should be responsible. When there is a child at stake it would be immoral to bring home to the mother that it was irresponsible of her to get pregnant. For the sake of everyone - mother, child, and the rest of society who will suffer from badly brought up children the rest of their lives - what we ought to do is help them to get over the dreadful situation they have got themselves in.

And if that means higher taxes then we should pay and be happy about it!

Love,
Anthony

[Updated on: Wed, 25 June 2008 22:10]

Re: So which pill will you be taking  [message #51110 is a reply to message #51092] Wed, 25 June 2008 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I post that article because of the juxtaposition from where I spent the better part of the last eight months, and my coming back to “civilization”. I was for that time only connected by mail and occasionally logging on to internet via the computer at a small local library. For that time was indeed disconnected from my pod.

I guess one of the main things I found was that true freedom is more a state of mind, after all how disconnect can we truly be from what is demanded of us by design.

I’m not here to point a finger at anyone, because as the old saying goes, “You point your finger and you have three of your own pointing right back at you”. Maybe I’m just reminding myself of what I need to keep my eyes on.

Here’s something for you Roger, though I know it’s nothing new to you. It just that I know I need to be reminded over and over of some things. This world we live in clouds so much over time…. Peace

[First Man] I think, I think I am, therefore I am, I think.

[Establishment] Of course you are my bright little star,
I've miles
And miles
Of files
Pretty files of your forefather's fruit
and now to suit our
great computer,
You're magnetic ink.

[First Man] I'm more than that, I know I am, at least, I think I must be.

[Inner Man] There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles
And piles
Of trials
With smiles.
It riles them to believe
that you perceive
the web they weave
And keep on thinking free.

And jus for fun……

Be it sight, sound, the smell, the touch.
There's something,
Inside that we need so much,
The sight of a touch, or the scent of a sound,
Or the strength of an Oak with roots deep in the ground.
The wonder of flowers, to be covered, and then to burst up,
Thru tarmack, to the sun again,
Or to fly to the sun without burning a wing,
To lie in the meadow and hear the grass sing,
To have all these things in our memories hoard,
And to use them,
To help us,
To find...

Re: So which pill will you be taking  [message #51135 is a reply to message #51092] Fri, 27 June 2008 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unsui is currently offline  unsui

Likes it here

No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 24 October 2008 18:05]

Re: So which pill will you be taking  [message #51140 is a reply to message #51135] Fri, 27 June 2008 23:56 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

Thank you Michael for the well reasoned thought. Though I do believe the culture we live in today is design to be an opiate in its own right. Most fear anything outside of their status quo and that is leading to a very dangerous stagnation.

Don’t get me wrong I am no anarchist, but the drugs mother government is giving does do something, LOL soma, soma, soma. Sadly the mushrooms Alice eat would just blow to many minds, and in truth few should go beyond the hookah and that only in a limited way, but then that is a journey that each must travel alone like so many other’s we embark on from birth.

“I see the people of the world
where they are and what they could be... “. Just ask Alice, we sure felt safe back then didn’t we…….Or did we? OH wait maybe I’m just having a flashback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2kAgLvhQM

Previous Topic: Norton sucks (and not in the good way)
Next Topic: A Possible Explanation for Same-gender Sexual Orientation
Goto Forum: