A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Happy Birthday!
icon7.gif Happy Birthday!  [message #51270] Fri, 04 July 2008 06:11 Go to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Happy 232nd to all American citizens who visit here, posters and lurkers alike.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: Happy Birthday!  [message #51273 is a reply to message #51270] Fri, 04 July 2008 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger is currently offline  Roger

Really getting into it

Thank you JFR and all our friends in Britain and other countries. We are the result of the "Shot heard round the world", The great experiment is still in the works. With all its problems we are still moving into the future, Imagine what the next 232 years will bring.

If you stand for Freedom, but you wont stand for war, then you dont stand for anything worth fighting for.
Re: Happy Birthday!  [message #51274 is a reply to message #51270] Sat, 05 July 2008 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

The one thing I really love about this day is the fire works, hehe love the fire works.

::-) Very Happy

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: Happy Birthday!  [message #51275 is a reply to message #51270] Sat, 05 July 2008 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yusime is currently offline  yusime

Likes it here

Thanks for the well wishes JFR but God gave America the greatest possible gift for it's 232nd birthday the death of Jesse Helms! No greater gift could have been given to liberals than that or to the country as a whole. He won't be around anymore but I won't miss him. Sorry if anyone thinks that I'm being "mean" to him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/05/us/politics/00helms.html?hp::-)

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake since for him a spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein
Re: Happy Birthday!  [message #51276 is a reply to message #51275] Sat, 05 July 2008 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Is Pat Robertson still alive?
icon12.gif Re: Happy Birthday!  [message #51277 is a reply to message #51276] Sat, 05 July 2008 08:59 Go to previous message
yusime is currently offline  yusime

Likes it here

Haven't heard a thing about him dying but there is always tomorrow. Wink

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake since for him a spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein
Previous Topic: Am I naïve?
Next Topic: interesting tv commercial
Goto Forum: