A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Just wondering?
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51492 is a reply to message #51486] Sun, 13 July 2008 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger is currently offline  Roger

Really getting into it

Ill give you one close by, Myrtle beach South Carolina is a clothing optional beach. I cant think of the names of the beaches in Tampa but one is close to Selby Gardens.

If you stand for Freedom, but you wont stand for war, then you dont stand for anything worth fighting for.
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51493 is a reply to message #51491] Sun, 13 July 2008 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger is currently offline  Roger

Really getting into it

These beaches are open to the public, anyone can go and there is no charge.

If you stand for Freedom, but you wont stand for war, then you dont stand for anything worth fighting for.
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51494 is a reply to message #51493] Sun, 13 July 2008 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

and they are on public land?

if so...

Show me...

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51495 is a reply to message #51484] Sun, 13 July 2008 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

There’s also one just north of crystal beach on the Texas coast, it is on public land but there is nothing sanctioned about it, but nothing is done to stop it, it’s just accepted, there are places all over the US like that. Surprised

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51496 is a reply to message #51494] Sun, 13 July 2008 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I am pretty sure that most beach i.e., from the dunes to the low tide level are indeed public land in most cases… I do know of some private beaches though, mostly in the North east and Hawaii. There may be more but it is rare.

Re: Just wondering?  [message #51497 is a reply to message #51494] Sun, 13 July 2008 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

some "clothing optional" beaches on public land (current as of 7/4/08)

Haulover Beach, North Miami Beach, Florida (operated by Dade County)

Mazo Beach, Wisconsin. Mazomanie State Wildlife Refuge

Rooster Rock State Park, Portland, Oregon

Sandy Hook, Gateway National Recreation Area, New Jersey (operated by us park service)
San Onofre State Beach, Above San Diego

Sauvie Island, Oregon, (managed by Dept. of Fish and Wildlife)

Air Force Beach, MacArthur Beach State Park, Palm Beach County, FL.

St. Lucie Inlet, St. Lucie State Reserve, Martin County, FL.

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51498 is a reply to message #51497] Sun, 13 July 2008 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

OK so the representative of the national parks service lied to me....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51499 is a reply to message #51498] Sun, 13 July 2008 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

or he didn't know....

Re: Just wondering?  [message #51500 is a reply to message #51490] Sun, 13 July 2008 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Do I deny that they may not be fictional? No. They may or may not be fictional -- it doesn't affect my point.

I don't understand why you've suddenly changed the topic: I guess you read what you want to read, rather than what was actually said. I haven't mentioned anything in this part of the thread about adults, children photographed in the buff, or cameras. I was talking about teenagers (many of whom are legally children) skinny dipping. You said that the stories that Anthony has heard about this happening were quite possibly fictional (without knowing, I must add, whether they were or not) -- with the clear implication that it doesn't happen in real life. If you weren't aware that there was that implication, you should bear in mind that your words don't necessarily mean to everyone else what you intended them to mean. You are frequently so terse that your responses make no sense to anyone except yourself.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 July 2008 15:43]

Re: Just wondering?  [message #51501 is a reply to message #51500] Sun, 13 July 2008 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

the origional post was regarding photos of children.....

Is that terse enough for you?

Re: Just wondering?  [message #51502 is a reply to message #51501] Sun, 13 July 2008 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Oh..... the camera part comes as an integral part of obtaining a photo...

Re: Just wondering?  [message #51503 is a reply to message #51502] Sun, 13 July 2008 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

If the opening post in the thread were the sole reference-point, there would be no scope for discussion.

I don't know if you've ever had one, but a discussion generally goes something like this:

- A: Point 1
- B: Response to point 1, raise point 2
- A: Response to point 2, raise point 3 or clarify point 1
- B: Response to point 3 or the clarification of point 1, raise point 4
- A: Response to point 4, raise point 5 or clarify point 3
- B: Response to point 5 or the clarification of point 3, raise point 6
etc.

As you may notice, there are a lot of subsidiary points there that weren't raised in A's original post.

I wonder if you perceive conversations as going more like this?

- B: Response to point 1, raises point 2
- B: Response to point 1, clarifies point 2
- B: Response to point 1, clarifies point 2
- B: Response to point 1, followed by banging head against a wall

David
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51505 is a reply to message #51503] Sun, 13 July 2008 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

David, is there any particular reason why you are trying to adamantly to irritate me?

Do I need a lesson on discussion...... No..... not in your wildest dreams.....

Do I need your insulting attitude..... No..... not that either.

Re: Just wondering?  [message #51507 is a reply to message #51505] Sun, 13 July 2008 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Marc,
>David, is there any particular reason why you are trying to adamantly to irritate me?

I'm not trying to irritate you. If I sound peevish, that is because you have managed rather successfully to irritate me.

My post was not pointless; just because opening a new thread lets you set the starting-point for a discussion, it doesn't mean that the opening post is unquestionably correct and that all subsequent replies by other people can therefore be countered by its repetition.

I would really appreciate it if you could bear that in mind. And I don't mean that rudely or sarcastically -- if you choose to take it that way, I'm sorry.

David
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51508 is a reply to message #51505] Sun, 13 July 2008 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aqualino is currently offline  aqualino

Likes it here

Marc, apparently you do need a lesson on how to have a discussion.

The first formula that David presented is the normal one for an intelligent discussion.

Unfortunately for most of us here, you insist on using formula #2 every bleeding time. Which in turn, has all of us banging our heads against the wall because your head is to dense to absorb anything anyone else is trying to say.

Don't mind me tho, I am having a mental crisis ever since you told me I was a 'VICTIM' because my mum took a picture of me in the tub when I was 3.

I'd say, you need serious help but that would be a waste of time. I'll just wait for your reply to this message, then I'll have proof.

aqua

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. Washington Irving
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51510 is a reply to message #51499] Sun, 13 July 2008 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Isn't it received wisdom that if you are in a hole the best thing to do is to stop digging?

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51511 is a reply to message #51508] Sun, 13 July 2008 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

I insist on no formula at all......

And if you are having a mental crisis.... don't blame me..... I didnt take naked pics of you....

Re: Just wondering?  [message #51513 is a reply to message #51465] Sun, 13 July 2008 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

The courts ordered you to undergo the horrible psychiatric treatment you underwent didn't they?

I can't believe you still trust the law. Especially when it is so mutable.

After what the law did to you, how can you see it as such as a valuable arbitrator?

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51515 is a reply to message #51479] Sun, 13 July 2008 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Yes, of course I've heard of fiction. But most of the fiction I read is fairly realistic and I can believe it happened or could happen. When I was nineteen I went skinny dipping in the women only bathing ponds in Highgate at midnight. I found people doing it in the middle of Victoria Park in Sydney, Australia in 1988. Oz is pretty prudish too.

I've encountered skinny dipping in lots of places and don't think it is entirely fiction. Do you?

Are all the public beaches in the USA managed by the National Parks Service? Is there something about their officials that ensures they never lie or make a mistake? I'm only asking because in the UK all the foreshore below high tide mark belongs to the Crown so there is a huge amount of public beach and a great many places where nudity is officially approved.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51517 is a reply to message #51511] Sun, 13 July 2008 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Yep, my mommy seriously screwed up my head taking those nasty ole naked pics of me. You are such an asshole and everyone here knows it.

AND....you are still stuck on point A

aqua

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. Washington Irving
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51519 is a reply to message #51513] Sun, 13 July 2008 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

My mother ordered them to act......

Re: Just wondering?  [message #51522 is a reply to message #51510] Sun, 13 July 2008 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Apparently not to some people. Those stubborn few run out and rent a steam shovel.

aqua

Re: Just wondering?  [message #51523 is a reply to message #51519] Sun, 13 July 2008 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

And I'm sure if she didn't things would have been fine and dandy...

Sorry, I don't trust legislators that much.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Just wondering?  [message #51524 is a reply to message #51515] Sun, 13 July 2008 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Dear Anthony

Not all seashore is administered by the NPS at least I don’t think it is. Some is (very little) privately owned or has restricted access to those that own property along a section of that shore line.

Otherwise I think is push came to shove the federal government has final say on everything from the vegetation line or dunes to low tide mark. I think! This could very from state to state but then again as I said the fed has final say and can take your land even if you own it and pay your taxes. The supreme court saw to that a few years ago……

Rick

Because the other post name was too long to continue  [message #51526 is a reply to message #51517] Sun, 13 July 2008 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senne is currently offline  Senne

Likes it here

I'll restate what I last said and please others if you agree do say so...

The Persons here understand you opinions Marc...
What we don't like is your constant cynicism
your immediate jump to the victim role as if others here arent allowed to dissent in their opinions...

and might I say most bluntly on another note

Get the hell over yourself
Its been 28 bloody years
stop playing the god damned victim role
accept the fact Ricky is gone and move the hell on with your life

this anger bullshit and self supremacist attitude are pointless
accept the fact others are different from you
if you cannot{Tho I don't speak for the admin here} Leave us the heck alone if all your going to do is pick fights and whine!
I don't agree......  [message #51527 is a reply to message #51526] Mon, 14 July 2008 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

your continued personal attacks against marc are becoming a blight on this board. If you don't like what he has to say all you need to do is not read his posts.

And stop with this "we" crap. You certainly do not speak for me. If you intend to attack others, have the courage to take personal responsibility for your own words.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 July 2008 00:36]

Re: Because the other post name was too long to continue  [message #51529 is a reply to message #51526] Mon, 14 July 2008 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

We.... us?

You really are full of yourself arent you.....

You know where you can go.....

Naked children  [message #51557 is a reply to message #51387] Mon, 14 July 2008 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Dear Marc,

I've delayed my response to your question because I needed to think about it and to be sure that I would say what I mean and not something that I would regret.

I don't want to say your position is wrong, but it is extreme because there are many situations when one gets to see children undressed and surely they aren't all to be condemned.

When they change clothes which they do several times a day, when they get up or go to bed or change for PE or to go swimming. It is fairly uncommon for there to be no adults around when they change and there are always adults there when they have their bath. And when they are babies they have their nappies changed.

I am a parent and I like children and I like to see them (naked or dressed) and I don't mind if they come into the bathroom when I am naked or when they choose to share a changing cubicle with me at the swimming pool. And I am happy to give them a bath. I can't believe all this is wrong. But maybe it would be wrong for you. I don't know.

I've never looked for or even seen any child pornography. I think it would distress me. I'm sure it is wrong.

But there is a huge amount of non-suggestive art with pictures and sculptures of children and surely all those artists aren't evil and all the people that look at that art with pleasure - surely most of it innocent.

But nobody is exulting. It isn't a battle until one of us is trying to impose his moral code on the other.

And your moral stand is not wrong; it's different from mine. I would say it was wrong if I could see bad consequences from it. I would resist any attempt to make me follow it - just as you wouldn't like to follow mine. And I can't see bad consequences in mine either!

Perhaps you could agree that I'm not being evil or unreasonable just as I agree you aren't.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Naked children  [message #51558 is a reply to message #51557] Mon, 14 July 2008 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

As i stated previously, I am not unfamiliar with nude beaches, I've been to some in various places throughout Europe... I have even skinny dipped in more flexible times in the past...

These things, as I have said, are personal choices, inflomed decisions made by people with enough wherewithall to make such choices.

I also am not troubled by what is viewed in the changing rooms of the baths, pools... where ever...

As for homelife and children.... I am not a dope and know full well that the kids need their baths and have to get their bumms wiped....

This being said.... Let me explain in the clearest way I can.... My problem is when the camera is out with kids in the buff...

My problem with this is the issue of informed concent. The child can not make it therefore I see the childs right to privacy being violated.

It's just that simple... It might seem black and white to those with the European standards of morality, but I was not raised with the European standards. I have my experiences and moral standards to live by and in some cases those standards are unwavering... (mostly when the issue involves children's rights or child abuses)

This is the best I can do at present by way of a metered response....

Sorry if it's not good enough.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 July 2008 16:51]

Re: Just wondering?  [message #51559 is a reply to message #51479] Mon, 14 July 2008 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

Not to beat a dead horse, but when I was a kid 16-17 years old, we used to go to Blacks beach in La Jolla, Calif. It was a known clothing optional beach. And yeah, we went skinny dipping quite a few times on a dare.
Re: Naked children  [message #51566 is a reply to message #51558] Mon, 14 July 2008 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

That's fine by me Marc.

I wonder if I can raise the question whether you think the European standard or the USA standard is better?

And maybe you can't provide a convincing argument why one is better than the other. And maybe I can't.

The interesting question is HOW one would go about reaching a decision (I mean a choice) between the two standards?

You appeal to your upbringing and I guess I am doing the same.

But if you and I were talking to a martian visitor how could either of us persuade him that one or other standard was better?

Love,
Anthony
Blacks beach  [message #51567 is a reply to message #51559] Mon, 14 July 2008 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Yes, I've seen a lot of pictures taken on Black's beach. I've never been there and would like to go. I did go to a beach where everyone was naked north of San Francisco. We stayed at the Stinson (or Stimson) beach motel (which was an experience on its own). That was in 1991.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Naked children  [message #51568 is a reply to message #51566] Mon, 14 July 2008 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

I don't see one standard as being bettere than the other....

But I do see them more as variations on reality.

This reality is a result of upbringing... You with yours and me with mine...

as far as the martian is concerned, as long as he leaves the camera on the ship.... he is fine....

Re: Naked children  [message #51569 is a reply to message #51568] Mon, 14 July 2008 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brit is currently offline  brit

Toe is in the water

Sorry, but if I'm a martian and spot a guy running around in grey and orange lycra, I am *not* leaving my camera in the ship!
Re: Naked children  [message #51573 is a reply to message #51569] Tue, 15 July 2008 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimB is currently offline  JimB

Likes it here

LOL I'm with you Brit LOL

Thanks for ending my day with a big smile.
JimB
Re: Naked children  [message #51589 is a reply to message #51573] Tue, 15 July 2008 11:04 Go to previous message

On fire!

Just you wait, Brit,

I'll wear turquoise and pink next time AND I'll give you a hug.

Love,
Anthony
Previous Topic: Card and paper models of ships
Next Topic: innate behaviors
Goto Forum: