A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > "In the Realms of the Unreal"
"In the Realms of the Unreal"  [message #51736] Tue, 22 July 2008 04:55 Go to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

If any of you would like to see a truly interesting film check out “In the Realms of the Unreal, The Mystery of Henry Darger”

Have to say this has to be one of the most extraordinary things I have ever seen. Actually I am amazed I hadn’t heard of it before.

I found it on DVD at my local library, LOL come across some of the coolest stuff a libraries!

Peace
Rick

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: "In the Realms of the Unreal"  [message #51751 is a reply to message #51736] Wed, 23 July 2008 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

He seems to have been a complex and troubled soul

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: "In the Realms of the Unreal"  [message #51760 is a reply to message #51751] Wed, 23 July 2008 22:32 Go to previous message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

Yes he was indeed. I would have felt sorry for him if hadn't built this world to express his machinations. That's one of the strange things I took away from the film, As alone as he was he surely couldn't have been very bored! Razz

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Previous Topic: This made me want to cry...
Next Topic: I am off to foreign climes
Goto Forum: