A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Welcome To South Africa, We Hope That You Enjoy Your Stay...
icon4.gif Welcome To South Africa, We Hope That You Enjoy Your Stay...  [message #51974] Wed, 06 August 2008 11:10 Go to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Now this is a shame

South African health minister Manto Tshabalala-Msimang tells those with HIV to eat garlic and beetroot.

The former deputy president, Jacob Zuma told the Johannesburg High Court that he took a shower - after having sex with the HIV-positive complainant without a condom - as he believed this minimized his risk of contracting the disease.

"Go to sleep earlier so that you can grow and be cleverer" – Minister of Minerals and Energy Buyelwa Sonjica unveiling a 10-point plan to encourage South Africans to change their electricity usage habits.

"It is one of the things that would make it (the tournament) a success because we hear of many rapes, because people don't have access to them (women)" – ANC MP George Lekgetho on the benefits of legalizing prostitution for the 2010 world cup.

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen. To be cured from aids, eat garlic and beetroot. If you don't want aids, take a shower, and all we have to do to stop the electricity crisis is to go to bed early so we can be cleverer and rapes only occur because people don't have access to prostitutes.

Sleep tight South Africa. Your government has everything under control.

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
Re: Welcome To South Africa, We Hope That You Enjoy Your Stay...  [message #51975 is a reply to message #51974] Wed, 06 August 2008 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Stay?

Errrr....... no thanks.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Welcome To South Africa, We Hope That You Enjoy Your Stay...  [message #51976 is a reply to message #51974] Wed, 06 August 2008 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

"Cry, the beloved country."

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: Welcome To South Africa, We Hope That You Enjoy Your Stay...  [message #51980 is a reply to message #51974] Wed, 06 August 2008 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

The new government formed after Apartheid seemed to hold so much hope and promise. What the hell happened? Was is just another case of greed and corruption taking over? What happened to the visionaries?

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: Welcome To South Africa, We Hope That You Enjoy Your Stay...  [message #51993 is a reply to message #51980] Thu, 07 August 2008 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Our Greatest Visionary and ex-president, Mr Nelson Mandela, has just turned 90 and barely has the strength as a person to keep his own anymore. I fear that once he departs the country I love so will be plunged into turmoil and destruction.

Greed and corruption are only a few of the problems facing the 'New' South Africa. There is always someone in someone else's back pocket, and hands run deep and pull hard at the strings of puppets.

It is a distressing factor far beyond any other. But I guess it is just the waiting game now...

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
icon6.gif Ons vir jou, Suid Afrika!  [message #52032 is a reply to message #51974] Thu, 07 August 2008 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whitewaterkid is currently offline  Whitewaterkid

Likes it here

Through a variety of interests like sailing, swimming, trains, model building and rugby I have become cyber-friends with a few South African guys my age, or near to my age. I know guys in Port Shepstone, Scottsburgh, Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Graafwater, Elands Bay, Vredendal and Bloemfontein.

Everybody I know was born after the end of Apartheid, or just as it was ending. They grew up in a more multi-racial society, and although all of them are white, they all go to, or went to, mixed-race high schools. Except for one dude who is at Voortrekker High in Pietermaritzburg which he says is still pretty much all white because it's an Afrikaans school.

Most of the guys I know are very worried about the future of their country. They see the years of develpment and work by the white Africans being ruined by the black Africans. One Afrikaner guy told me if I want to see what Suid Afrika would be like in another ten years, look at Zimbabwe now.

Can of worms alert!

No country in sub-Saharan African is better off today than it was under Colonial rule. Black Africa simply does not seem to be able to govern itself. Once the former Colonial infrastructures were allowed to decay, and once the white Africans were replaced through "black economic empowerment" schemes and "equitable land redistribution" schemes, all of those countries went down the toilets. South Africa has survived rule by the ANC this long simply because there are more whites there and it's taking the blacks longer to "replace" them, and the white infrastructure has lasted longer. Public communications and public power distribution are just two examples of ANC mis-management.

Oh, and buying two submarines for the navy even though there are no South African sailors qualified for submarine duty, and they lie rusting at the piers. Or so I've been told.

Get Ian Smith's books, about the sell-out of the once beautiful and prosperous land known as Rhodesia, and shed your political correct sunshades, and you'll come to realize just how screwed up our lack-of-policy is towards this situation.

Ons vir jou, Suid Afrika!

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2008 20:56]

Re: Ons vir jou, Suid Afrika!  [message #52043 is a reply to message #52032] Fri, 08 August 2008 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unsui is currently offline  unsui

Likes it here

No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 24 October 2008 17:48]

Re: Ons vir jou, Suid Afrika!  [message #52044 is a reply to message #52043] Fri, 08 August 2008 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

http://zapatopi.net/afdb//

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Ons vir jou, Suid Afrika!  [message #52046 is a reply to message #52044] Fri, 08 August 2008 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

E.J. really I am surprised if I am reading this right it certainly indicates a decided lack of maturity on your part.

I do hope I am wrong. Could you elaborate on why you posted that link?:-/

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: Ons vir jou, Suid Afrika!  [message #52057 is a reply to message #52044] Fri, 08 August 2008 14:16 Go to previous message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Am I thick, EJ?

I don't understand your drift.

Love,
Anthony
Previous Topic: Gay themed films
Next Topic: The magic of parenthood.....
Goto Forum: