A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > What's your fun?
What's your fun?  [message #56808] Sun, 10 May 2009 01:10 Go to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

I had a great time today. My son and I went to the local amusement park for the first time this year. The weather was perfect. A bench in the shade of some trees, with birds serenading us, was a wonderful place for lunch. It was great fun to share my son's joy and excitement. For all the problems associated with his handicaps, he retains the ability to take joy in simple things,almost like a 10 year old. And that goes along with about 3 year physical development delay due to his lack of kidney function (growth hormone) before the transplant. Not quite as enjoyable was being spun and turned upside down and taking the G's on the state of the art coasters and such. There were hundreds of beautiful young men to look at too...I was amazed that there were so many with blue eyes. And of course, it being spring, there were lots of young couples making out all over the place. Always guys and girls though. How long will it be before I can see a couple of young guys making out in a setting like this. Probably not in my lifetime. Even so, it was a beautiful day. So what have you all done for fun recently?

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Re: What's your fun?  [message #56902 is a reply to message #56808] Wed, 13 May 2009 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Macky, we're teaching our daughter to swim. She's using a noodle as a flotation device and she's having a blast. But she wants to go where the big people go: the deep end and I am the backstop preventing her from wandering too deep into the deep. At the end of swim time, she's tuckered out and about to fall asleep. She indeed had a grand time.

Raymundo
Re: What's your fun?  [message #56921 is a reply to message #56902] Thu, 14 May 2009 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blumoogle is currently offline  Blumoogle

Likes it here

Thats good to hear. Have fun and enjoy your children - we might not all get the chance

A truth told with bad intent
Beats all the lies you can invent

-William Blake
Re: What's your fun?  [message #56927 is a reply to message #56921] Thu, 14 May 2009 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

THanks, Dee.

Kids are fun. And gay guy couples and singles are getting them in ever increasing numbers. But kids are not the only fun. What do you do for your greatest jollies?

Re: What's your fun?  [message #56931 is a reply to message #56927] Thu, 14 May 2009 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

My greatest jollies?

I guess I'm still in the stereotipical university-teenaged-boy stage. Drinking, movies, dancing...I forgot one...oh yes, sex. LOL. I Have to steer my mind out of the gutter and onto somewhat more profound things every ten minutes - at least out loud, anyway. Hopefully my sometimes irritating or embarassing hormones will die - or at least quite down when I don't need them. Its June Exams next week (Capitals Necessary) and I shall have to focus on studying, stop going out and stay celebate for two weeks. My, oh my, how melodramatic I sound - the prerogitive of youth, i guess. Something I wish would just end already one day, and the next I want to keep on beleiving I'm immortally young forever

-William Blake
Re: What's your fun?  [message #56933 is a reply to message #56931] Thu, 14 May 2009 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Rethink the 2 weeks celibacy, Dee. The stress will be building and come finals you will try to think of test, but only be able to think of testicle.

"Hopefully my sometimes irritating or embarassing hormones will die - or at least quite down when I don't need them."

I remember wishing the exact same thing. Its just torture for a young man sometimes. But, per my experience, it gets much easier when you get older. I would not go back to being an adolescent and dealing with all the hormones. Age has some drawbacks, but it is not at all as sad as Timmy sometimes lets on.http://forum.iomfats.org/w-agora/images/icons/topic_happy.gif
topic_happy.gif

Re: What's your fun?  [message #56949 is a reply to message #56933] Fri, 15 May 2009 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Fun often changes meanings too. DeWalt is very much into the uni scene. Yet, there can still be a tyke or two in his future. In my dreams, I never thought myself as a dad. It looked, too, as my wife and I were not going to produce a baby but there she is.
And of course sex will never go out of style. Even thinking about having sex will never go out either.

Raymundo
Possible tyke or two  [message #56975 is a reply to message #56949] Fri, 15 May 2009 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Concerning tykes in my future...Its an isshue I have been contemplating seriously and intensly for probably the last two years. I honestly don't know whether I ever want to have children. Definitely not untill I'm at least 27ish going on 30ish, ready, financially stable, and in a stable relationship - perhaps even married to the guy I like (another thing on my mind, will I ever marry, should I?). I seriously considered it, and I don't feel ready to even get a pet, mcuh less the responsibility of a child. But, as they say, time goes on, and we shall see where life goes. Maybe in a few years I shall declare my fatherhood on this very site. We shall see.

Conceiving said little bundle of exhaustive and expensive energy will probably happen through artificial insemination, if it is going to happen, either with my donation or my partner's - because I refuse to raise any child alone. And I simply would not be able to produce a child in the natural manner, when any naked female makes me feel almost disgusted and ill, the very concept of what would go into natural conception disturbs me far more than almost anything else I have ever seen or heard about. Just eww. I don't know how other homosexual men feel or how some managed to naturally conceive children, or if some of them are perhaps leaning slightly on the bisexual side of gay (I would like to hear about this, by the way), but I simply could not.
PS. This might deserve its own thread, if it goes on as I think It will

-William Blake
Re: Possible tyke or two  [message #56976 is a reply to message #56975] Fri, 15 May 2009 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Yes, Dewald, I'm bisexual to some extent as I seem to have been married to Sylvia for 46 years and we have stayed 'faithful' to each other.

But what can I tell you about it? There could be a lot to say! Would you like to start the new thread with a list of questions?

Love,
Anthony
Re: Possible tyke or two  [message #56977 is a reply to message #56975] Fri, 15 May 2009 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I agree on a specific thread, with specific questions. Having a kid has been the greatest joy of my life. Mine was born when I was 39, so I think waiting til later in life is a wonderful idea.

Re: Possible tyke or two  [message #56979 is a reply to message #56975] Sat, 16 May 2009 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

DeWalt, I'd like to make an apology for my lack of sensativity, implying that children (tykes) can lead to fun in one's life. It was not my intention to make you feel having children is a way to lead a fulfilling life. It is a personal private choice made in concert with another person. I believe you are a caring man reading your answer. So again, I do apologise for my lack.

Raymundo
Re: Possible tyke or two  [message #56980 is a reply to message #56979] Sat, 16 May 2009 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

No need to apologise - you didn't say that children would lead to fun, but that they could...and I would agree that children CAN lead to joy, almost certainly, not that they always necesarilly do...there are lots of examples where children lead to strife in a relationship and pain, lack of education, etc, but that is not to say that they necessarily do.

So, I forgive you, though there is nothing to forgive, and I counter-apologise for making it seem that I think children COULD NOT lead to joy, because they most certainly can.

-William Blake
Re: Possible tyke or two  [message #56989 is a reply to message #56980] Sat, 16 May 2009 17:32 Go to previous message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Yes, Dewald,

Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night.
[Auguries of Innocence]

Among the children of my friends are included a schizophrenic, two suicides, numerous divorces and unsuitable marriages, autistic children and perhaps the most disappointing of all a deeply pious do-gooder who always knows best.

Love,
Anthony
Previous Topic: The Beauty of Adolescent Boys
Next Topic: What exactly is marriage, should or can it be?
Goto Forum: